L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

So awesome! I like to draw on my face with it before I blend it in since the tube it comes out of is kinda like a pen (almost?). It makes my skin look flawless, it gives great coverage and it doesn't shine throughout the day. It blends in wonderfully. I can't say enough, I love it!

on 12/2/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow I am pretty much on my own with this one. It does run dark. First, I bought light because I am NC20-NC25. It was way orange so I exchanged it for fair. It's perfect. It covers my imperfections very well and makes my pores almost invisible. It's very matte on me. I see NO shimmer. Blends quickly and easily. I go over it with pur minerals and my skin looks better than it ever has! Actually fuller coverage than I initially wanted but now I'm in love.

on 11/26/2015 4:01:00 AM

This is a very nice bb cream. I have tried a few and this is my favorite one. I own this in the shade medium and have not tried any other colors so I can't say whether it runs dark or light. The medium shade however is just that, medium. This is whitish when it comes out of the tube and while you rub it in the beads release the color. No it does not adjust to your color, it is one shade, and I do not know if it claims to adjust. Since it is a bb cream it may fit various shades of people since it isn't full coverage. This covers my redness well and makes me look like i have great skin. Not made up skin, but a: this is naturally how my skin looks. I have acne hyperpigmentation marks and this doesn't cover them, but i don't mind. If you want to cover them use a concealer with this. I never use concealer because i can't find a shade that matches me and the spots don't bother me that much anymore. I guess since you can see my spots it further makes my skin appear like its naturally even and smooth (since there are still some flaws visible). This is definitely not for someone that wants to look super made up, but this makes me feel very good about my complexion. It lasts all day for me which makes me feel lucky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It needs to be said that this is amazing. I. Love. This. Stuff.

My little sister used to wear it in high school and swore by it, but my skin, with its acne, oily and red goodness, was not having anything to do with light coverage. Sadly, not much has changed skin-wise.

For reference, I'm NC15, oily, acne-prone, scars and redness.

I began using this as a primer under my foundation. It added a touch of radiance, calmed down any redness so that it wouldn't peek through my foundation, and kept my makeup on. Sweet deal. As a bb creme, I have to say it is wonderful. Light coverage but you really see a difference once you put it on. It's kind of like a "my skin but better," with no trace of makeup whatsoever. I simply set it and go.

I don't know how the other shades work, but light matches me fine because of the whiteness which turns to my shade with "color matching microbeads." The ingredients are far from natural, I can't pronounce anything on the back, and I have heard microbeads are bad for the skin. No breakouts yet, but it's something to watch out for.

The price is a little steep for drugstore. It's $17.00 at my local Shoppers. Not crazy, but it still irks me a bit since it's literally just a light base.

The packaging is sturdy. A simple squeeze tube, so it's also hygienic. Getting product out when it's almost finished is a breeze.

Overall, 4/5 because of the price and the wary ingredients. Everything else is great!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Deep from CVS (Why is the color selection so small? It's 2015!) and I was really disappointed.
First, I didn't expect it to have shimmer. Nothing on the packaging implied that it would be shimmery, so I immediately did not care for it, since I prefer my skin to have a matte finish.
Second, for a "deep" shade, it came out really really light. Like, too light. With that the and the shimmer, I thought it was moldy makeup when I first put it on my hand!
Third, when I blended it on my hand, it felt really coarse, but then I read on the back that it has beads, which does not bode well with my sensitive skin. I wasn't going to risk coating my whole face with this.
As a BB Cream, this kind of sucks. BUT! This does work great as a highlighter. I put a little bit on the tops of my cheekbone, and the bridge of my nose. It gives my matte finish just a small hint of a glow if I'm feeling a little sparkley that day. :)
If you're like me and like a matte finish for your face, I'd avoid this. If you want a highlighter to last you an eternity because there's literally 30 milliliters of product, go for it!

on 8/26/2015 6:26:00 PM

I was looking for a BB cream because it's super hot and humid where I am, and foundation just melts off my face. This absorbs into my skin really well and doesn't leave that powdery finish that other BB creams I've used have left. The cream sticks and doesn't melt away, bead, or move around when I get sweaty.

It does come out white, so you have to massage it into your skin very well. I didn't notice any color at first, but it seemed to change colors as it settled.

I have combination skin with pink undertones: oily on my nose and forehead while dry on my chin and around my nose. My skin also tends to be really sensitive, splotchy, and I get minor blemishes around my mouth. While this didn't completely cover my blemishes (I didn't expect it to, it's BB cream, not concealer), it definitely covered the redness and evened out my skin-tone as it settled while also moisturizing my dry spots.

It's very lightweight feeling, doesn't make my skin feel overly-greasy, just feels like I'm wearing a moisturizer. I still powder my nose because it's not like this cream is going to absorb any natural oil. There is a slight sun-screen smell to it.

However, it gets four stars because the color selection is awful. My skin is fair, but I'm a bit tanned at the moment, so originally I got light. Had to exchange it the same day. The light shade has an extremely yellow undertone and was way too dark on me. It was a bit shocking. The fair shade has a pink undertone, however, so I feel like it's really hit and miss, and they definitely don't have a shade for everyone. Anyone really fair with yellow undertones or tanned with pink undertones are aren't going to find a shade for them. I can't say if they have the right shades for those with dark skin.

I will re-purchase. If you can find the right shade, I definitely recommend it on days when you want a little lighter "no-makeup" look. I've heard it works as a primer, but haven't used it as such, yet.

on 8/1/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am happily surprised at how much i like this product! i am able to use this instead of a full coverage foundation. i must set it with powder, or it would never last, however i alway set anything with powder. this, however, doesn't change color or melt off or settle into pores for me. i wish it worked out for more people. i have not had any breakouts or other negative skin reactions. (i use the "light" color - a white lotion that transforms to my skin tone with a powdery-type finish). on its own, it would not be sufficient coverage for my taste, however with a powder i am pleased it looks better (feels and appears more natural) than something heavier. i will try this as a primer under a foundation if i need to in winter or a special occasion (have not used this as a primer yet, only on its own.) i use this under my eyes and on lids as well without irritation!

on 7/26/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this in Deep, which is the only option for brown skin. It comes out white and has to be massaged into skin with fingers. Kinda patchy, but a damp sponge will help. Way too much work to apply this. It works better as a primer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First time using a BB cream. I often tend to come late to the party, what can I say? ;-)
Being this is my first bb cream, I am kind of truly new to all of this, so I will just give my thoughts on the performance, feel, etc..as I cannot compare it to other bb creams..So I will just detail my overall experience.

This did basically nothing as far as covering blemishes (which I did not and do not expect a bb cream to really cover blemishes anyway). I got this in the shade light and to my surprise it comes out of the tube stark-white (again, I am new to the bb cream world, so I was fazed by this for just a sec then realized the product is more about how it makes the skin feel versus how it looks). Definitely lightweight, as expected. It did/does make my skin feel soft, so that is nice! It also seems to blur my pores..?

I did not use any moisturizer nor any primer nor any other face product prior to or after applying this, as I wanted to test this in it's full actual performance, not aided by nor deterred by other products.

I do not detect a scent with this, and it does not irritate my skin, which was a bit of a concern, as my skin can be sensitive. Did not make me break out or itch or anything.

However, it made my skin look..ruddy/muddy looking..? I can't describe it..I want to say it almost gave my skin a green cast (??) but I do not see how that is possible..? But it definitely left my skin looking an odd shade/tone, for whatever reason. I almost felt like I had alien skin (sorry I really do not know how else to describe it, and that is how I felt when I first applied it). HOWEVER, it seemed to settle down on that muddiness/green tone after about 15 minutes or so. Still, it definitely left my skin a tone I am not used to, again, just an odd tone that I am not used to.

One bonus for me is I get no transfer with this, as expected with a bb cream. It is nice to change clothes or use a tissue (thanks summertime allergies) and not see a transfer of makeup. So, while that was expected, it is very nice.

Very lightweight, obviously, which is why I purchased it for summer.

Overall, I would re-purchase. While it does make my skin a bit of a different tone than I am used to (again, not bad once it 'settles'), the pros for me outweigh the cons.

PROS:
Lightweight and does not feel heavy
Skin feels soft, smooth, supple and even moisturized with this (again, nothing else worn when testing this)
Does not conceal blemishes but does even skin tone out nicely and quite evenly
No transfer to clothing
If I sweat, I do not have to worry about makeup streaking
Actually seems to blur pores somewhat
Actually lasted longer than I expected during the day
Did not break down as the day went on

CONS:
No coverage at all (I had blemishes while testing this)
Gives skin a slightly different tone than I am used to

Obviously, looking at the whole picture, this pretty much performs as expected for a bb cream. Slightly not happy about the tone/cast it gives my skin, but I can overlook that for the few short weeks I may wear this during the summer, and the tone once it settles is not bad. Great for wearing on weekends or lounging around the house or when company calls and comes over at the last minute and you do not want to do full-face makeup but still want 'something'. Also great for things like trips to the zoo in the summer, things like that, where you might not want or need a full-face, heavy-duty makeup, but still want to look 'presentable'...if you know what I mean....

Would re-purchase.
It does not knock my socks off, but it does pretty much what was expected.
I can live with the slightly different skin tone it gives me when compared to the pluses of this product. Not interested in trying other bb creams, as I mentioned, my skin can be sensitive, and at least this one works nicely enough and pretty much does what expected/anticipated. And hey a different skin tone can be......interesting!! ;-)