Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

on 9/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

I've been using this product for a good two years.
Shake the tube before using it - and be warned, the first time you might get a shock from the orangey tone of the product. Don't stress, apply it anyway and you'll notice it blends out. It's probably better if you have a slight yellow/beige tone to your natural complexion as opposed to ashy or rosy.

I find this product works best when mixed with a small dot of oil-free moisturiser, or aloe vera gel. However, if you prefer to use it as is - it's still extremely good. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized before you apply.

I use a RT Expert Face Brush or Beauty Blender to apply, though it works just as well with your hands.

The coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how much you apply, and your tool of application. It covers spots and redness well, I find.

I would say this is *almost* a matte finish, but not quite. It looks a little more matte than natural skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it dries into your skin - so if you hug someone with a white shirt, you won't see any residue left behind.

In terms of the packaging, it's great - though the nozzle can sometimes eject product upon opening if not stored correctly - and the screw on cap would be easier as a flip-up, but that's not a big deal for me. I've had no leakages, or anything of the sort - so the packaging is practical and just fine for me.

AVOID like the plague if you have dry skin - it WILL stick to dry spots... it's labelled as oily/combination for a reason.

A tube like this, despite being 40ml, should last you a minimum of 6 months if you have clear skin, or only a few blemishes, and around 4 months if you use a lot of product.

It's my go-to BB Cream (I have tried others), and the fact it has SPF 20 is amazing. I would say it's especially good if you enjoy the outdoors or are going to the beach, as it dries properly, doesn't melt, and contains SPF 20. It doesn't clog the pores as far as I can tell.

on 6/24/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i wanted to try this product for a long time however i know my skin and its a bit pricy for a bb cream in canada, so i got it on sale the forst few times i tried it i hated it but today i tried it again and i was just looking for something quick so i wouldnt look ghostly because im sick, i shook it and it made all the difference, better coverage and i didnt set it, id say dont go first impressions with this stuff and make sure that you shake it.

on 6/15/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It was the first of many bb creams I tried through the last 3 years and well, if I weren't that much into make up, I would have dropped immediately the search for a nice product after trying this one. I never, ever, ever had a problem for liquid face products, and my skin is so sensitive and full of random redness depending on how I wake up - every single product did its job and that was it. Using Garnier's bb cream was a gamble everyday, and could expect breakouts and pimples anytime. The worst that ever happened with a liquid product were you know,those little little pimples under the mouth and a slightly bigger one on the forehead, but nothing more. This one was a huge huge mess: red parts appeared as dark brown, pimples started to grow everywhere.. and still have to figure out what substance made me react this way (I'm a chemistry enthusiast and, when it comes to make up, very careful with the ingredients - but I'm not one of those organic terrorists people, I just need to be safe first, and have my nerdy interest fulfilled). Also, the colour appeared to be as light as advertised on the packaging when it first came out of the tube, but it was a matter of seconds before it started oxidize like crazy and made me look this weird orange colour, very darker than my normal caucasian light skin. Disgusting. Will never ever buy again.

on 6/10/2016 10:34:00 AM

This bb cream foes quick on my face i have a combination skin so it food for me its matte finsh. I think that it little to orangy. But it's perfect for the combination skin

this bb cream is very runny, it also runs on my face and does not hold up on my skin, and is also very orange. this bb cream did not do anything for me :(

on 6/5/2016 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bougth this bb cream because I wanted something more lightweight than my current foundation for summertime. The price was great and I have oily skin, so the promise of a matte finish and shine control sounded great.

The pros:
- Great pigmentation and coverage for a bb without feeling heavy like a foundation. I have some old acne scarring which it covers quite nicely.
- Very smooth and matte on the face for the first couple of hours
- The price
- The amount of product you get which is a little more than most other bb's I've researched.

The cons:
- The packaging. The consistency is very thin and liquid and it comes right out of tube without warning to much distress. I think a pump would have been way better.
- After a couple of hours I'm an oily mess. This BB makes me even more oily than I am otherwise!
- Also after a couple of hours it starts to seperate on the skin and look patchy. The texture is very gritty on the skin.

Ive tried with primers, setting powders and fixing sprays to stop the oil train - not happening. Generally I'm beginning to learn that products that advertise as oil-free are giving me even more oily skin.

We have had quite high temperatures while I've been trying out this foundation, so I'm thinking I will stop using it for now and try again in the fall or it the weather turns to see if that helps. Overall it's a nice bb cream, it sadly just exaggerates the features it promised to play down.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After having read plenty of bad reviews for the first bb cream of Garnier, I decided to give it a try, despite the fact that I have dry skin and this product is for women with oily to combination skin.
To begin with, I must have moisturized my skin well, as it makes my skin looks drier than it actually is. However, this is my fault as it is not suitable for my complexion.
Secondly, it smells like alcohol. Well, exactly like alcohol! This is not something that irritates my sensitive skin but this scent lasts a lot on me and it is very annoying. Moreover, the coverage is very light and it is not buildable as I try to put more in order to cover my blemishes, scars etc. and it looks extremely cakey.The spf20 does not protect enough the women who live around Mediterranean Sea. Lastly, the packaging is awful and it looks cheap.
The positive aspect is that when I wear this bb cream I feel that I don't wear anything. It feels very light to the skin. It does not contain parabens, which is an important criterion for me when choosing my makeup.
All in all, I would not recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a samlpe from my Goodiebox (danish beauty subscription box), and it was PERFECT!
Was one with my skin tone (not orange at all!), lasted all day, smelled amazing, had a great texture and feel.... So naturally, I went out and bought a full size. Same type, same colour. I have never been so dissapointed before,
It's ORANGE. Really, really orange. It only lasts a few hours. It smells bad, it's very water-y. It makes an ok base for eye makeup, if you can hide the orange. It feels very light on the skin, it doesnt cake. I am really not a fan of the packaging, it's very ugly I think. Would never buy again, and will not ever recommend this product to anyone.

on 4/4/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It makes my skin shine and get oily. I didn't like it :(

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Used this product after seeing adverts and recommendations online, needless to say I was disappointed.
The product comes out far darker, and far more orange than it seems, and makes your skin feel pretty greasy.
I used this for a few months, but really couldn't get myself to like it.
The packaging also seems to trap air bubbles, so as soon as you open it, you'll find the stuff coming out and going everywhere, meaning you've wasted half a tube and you can't stop it.
Very pricey, especially considering it doesn't seem to do anything good for your skin.