Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a samlpe from my Goodiebox (danish beauty subscription box), and it was PERFECT!
Was one with my skin tone (not orange at all!), lasted all day, smelled amazing, had a great texture and feel.... So naturally, I went out and bought a full size. Same type, same colour. I have never been so dissapointed before,
It's ORANGE. Really, really orange. It only lasts a few hours. It smells bad, it's very water-y. It makes an ok base for eye makeup, if you can hide the orange. It feels very light on the skin, it doesnt cake. I am really not a fan of the packaging, it's very ugly I think. Would never buy again, and will not ever recommend this product to anyone.

on 4/4/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It makes my skin shine and get oily. I didn't like it :(

I used to LOVE this product, I haven't come across a tinted moisturiser/BB Cream with this much coverage - enough to really even things out but not heavy like a foundation, really great for every day use. My only complaint with it was my skin did seem oily in the middle of the day (but everything does that to me and nothing a bit of blotting paper doesn't fix) and it seemed a little drying around my eyes so I needed to make sure I used a heavier eye cream.

Yesterday I ran out and repurchased but it's changed :( :( Although the coverage appears to be the same the scent is terrible, its very strong, best way I can describe it is like lemons, but not in a nice way, even though I was put off, I applied it anyhow, I powdered my nose etc as per usual but still the smell stuck, I gave it half an hour and it was too much, I felt sick so I washed it off. I would not recommend of the scent alone, I hope they swap it back.

My other issue after deciding to read the ingredients is the 2nd ingredient is alcohol, which concerns me - alcohol is also mentioned twice in the listing. Which i suppose explains the drying around my eyes and probably would be counter productive to oily skin as to dry your skin out too much only causes it to over produce oil to compensate.

Pros.
Cheap
Packaging easy to get last drops out
Good Coverage
Blends Well
Light colour isn't pink on my yellow based fair skin

Cons.
SCENT!!! - makes it un-usable to me
Heavy on alcohol - drying on eyes

I used to like it, but I'm not the biggest fan of it any more. It does give a nice finish to my skin but it also settles on my dry patches. Good for summer, but very drying in winter.

on 3/16/2016 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

breaks me out badly

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Used this product after seeing adverts and recommendations online, needless to say I was disappointed.
The product comes out far darker, and far more orange than it seems, and makes your skin feel pretty greasy.
I used this for a few months, but really couldn't get myself to like it.
The packaging also seems to trap air bubbles, so as soon as you open it, you'll find the stuff coming out and going everywhere, meaning you've wasted half a tube and you can't stop it.
Very pricey, especially considering it doesn't seem to do anything good for your skin.

Over the last two years I have been using the classic Garnier BB cream light. It does create an instant pick up and I was generally happy with it. However it always made my skin greasy so I had to soak the excess oil with a paper towel throughout the day. Then I tried the Garnier BB for combination to oily skin and it is so much better. The shine on my face is nowhere near what it was with the previous product. It also has a better coverage. I am happy with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was the first "foundation" that I ever tried. The mattifying agents made my face look chalky, and my tzone still got oily. Coverage was light/medium, and colour selection was poor. The packaging was very messy, DO NOT stand it upright like it is designed to be. It can and it will leak. It was rather pricey for a drugstore foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this product yesterday and I love the finis. It looks very natural and covers pimples and acne scars very naturally i.e. Skin shows through but it's looks healthy. I think they fixed the packaging because I don't believe it spills a lot

on 2/21/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used this product for quite some time... maybe a year. But I always knew that I was settling. The "deep" shade is the only one that can possibly work on me but the undertone is decidedly red so it was never as natural as I would have liked. The texture of the cream is more "light foundation" than "tinted moisturiser" so it does give fair coverage. And it achieves this without the whitish look other BB creams leave on black skin due to their SPF.

The absolutely worse thing about this BB cream is the packaging. Every time I've used it, it's made a mess, oozing out the tube and staining my make-up case. In fact I'd taken to storing it in a separate ziplock bag. How hard could it be to come up with a more user-friendly tube?