Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought Darling Chere, #10, which I assume is the same as the other reviews. It's a pale pink-lavender, a lovely color in the tube. I liked the convenience and thought it would be great to put in my pocket for a summer stroll. I tried it on over bare lips in the car. Okay, it's a bit dry...but the color is nice for NW20 skin and goes well with dark hair. I drive to my next appointment and check the mirror before I get out of the car. A half hour later my lips have morphed to a shade of fushia which resembles lips that are sore raw and dried out. Okay- I get out my mini-tube of Aquaphor and try to remove it, but the color remains and I look even worse for the rubbing. I have sensitive skin but not sensitive lips!! Obviously others have had a better experience so buy where you can return!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went absolutely crazy when I first heard about these lip stains. I bought 5 of them, in the colors precious, honey, crush, darling and charm. Darling is a cool toned lilac baby pink, that looks good on me even though I'm warm toned. It has no shimmer or glitter, but looks glossy on the lips. It's very flattering even though it looks like it would be a better polish color. On the lips it shows more baby pink than lilac. The product is moisturizing, smells lightly of mint and has only a small trace of mint flavor to it. The product twists up so there is no pesky sharpening to do (thank goodness). Overall, I highly recommend these, they are a must have for any girl who wants a liner, stain, and balm in one.

on 7/4/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shade from Revlon! It's very high-fashion, and fun to try as a spring/summer trend. I like pairing it with liquid cat-liner. It lasts, is conveniently packaged, and is so simply to apply- no mess. I just can't give Revlon a full five "hearts" because I know they animal-test. :/

on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM

Starts off as a really pretty shade of soft purple. Once that wears off, the stain is a surprising (yet somehow flattering) shade of hot fuschia. I do wish it stayed closer to the original application color but I still like it for summer.

I love this product. This color in particular is very pigmented on my lips like a bright pink-fuchsia color. It looks good but it's bright not super natural. I love it for summer and can't wait to try more colors.

on 6/20/2012 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ugh, I can't believe all the reviews about this color being subtle or light! On me this turned a rather embarassing shade of bright fuschia! Perhaps it's just me and my super-freaky-weird body chemistry. I looked like a little girl playing with makeup for the first time. :)

I'm going to take it back and exchange it for a "safer" color. On the upside, the formula of these is quite nice. I also have Honey at the moment. They actually stain your lips for hours and aren't as drying to me as a lipstick or stain.

I thought this color might be similar to my favorite Buxom in Dani. It is so not!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! I like it because I make my eyes dramatic, so I don't like to overdo it on my lips. And this color is more pink than purple, but not a baby pink. It is actually like the color of my lips after I would bite them to add color lol, it's a great stain! And this color may not last as long as the other stains because it isn't a bright color, but I can still see a pink tink to my lips around the half day point. I definitely recommend this if you are like me and go dramatic on your eyes, but you don't want your lips to scream, "LOOK AT ME!"

So far I've bought 5 of these balm stains. Darling was the last one I bought and maybe one of my favorites. I passed on it initially because it was a scary looking lilac color. But once on my lips, it is actually a pretty mauvey pink. Don't be scared off by the color - it's very pretty on!

on 6/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

I have already done a general review under the color of "Lovesick", I plan to copy and paste, but for now a color review. Darling is a violet pink. It shows up more pink than violet on my lips, but it definitely has a lilac hue to it. Love this color for days that I don't want as much of a punch to my lip color.

on 6/5/2012 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE THIS. Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon sale and so I rushed over to pick up a few of these (less than $6 each). I ended up getting Honey (a beautiful , MLBB, dark pink nude) and DARLING. On my lips this ended up a cool-toned Barbie pink. I don't normally go for shades like this but I am so glad I decided to be adventurous because this product makes me so happy. Packaging is great, it looks like a giant crayon, and it TWISTS UP. The application is super smooth and while it's not the most moisterizing it feels like a creamy lipstick rather than a stain. And as the day goes on and the shiney layer wears off you are left with the most gorgeous stain. Fabulous and long-lasting. I am completely in love with these lipstains, they are by far the best beauty product I have purchased all year. I like them more than the Revlon Lip Butters! If I could I would give this 10 lippies.