Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever love it💖

on 4/24/2016 10:11:00 PM

Don't buy into the hype. This is a decent palette at best. Urban Decay's NAKED palettes are decent, but so, so far from perfect. Maybe they're good from the price point, but you can find much, much, MUCH better eyeshadows from certain other luxury brands. I was at first so excited when I bought NAKED2; it swatched so, so beautifully. Better than even my holy grail eyeshadows. It seemed so pigmented, so finely milled. I've had it for about a month now and I've tried many different eye looks with it, but all of them have been fails. Yes, some shades are better than others, but generally speaking, these shadows don't blend well. Mistakes are impossible to correct, and one wrong stroke will ruin your entire eye look. Certain shades like Chopper have heavy fallout. And while the shades looked so pretty on my arm, they are almost ugly once on the eyelid. It is also impossible to build up the colour, and colours such as Foxy have no pigment whatsoever. Dig your brush in Foxy as much as you want, you will never get any colour payoff. Not even with their famous primer potion, which works better on other brands. I have half a mind to give this palette away, but I think I'll keep it for those rare occasions when I don't have time for a good eye look. I might be better off powdering my eyelids with translucent powder, though.

on 4/20/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First of all I would like to address the fact that this palette is not recommended for warm toned people. I'm going to have to disagree with that... if your skin is similar to mine.

Although the veins in my wrist are completely purple and blue thus classifying me as a cool toned person, I have very obvious yellow tones in my skin and am about nc20-25 in mac. So not quite neutral either...

I have to say despite only using it for a short amount of time, this has got to be my favourite naked palette. I own all three plus the smoky ( urban decay eyeshadow junkie) and although the first naked did compliment the warm tones to my skin, I don't feel it gives the wow factor like the naked 2, which really brings out and lightens my medium brown eyes, bringing out all sorts of colours in them!

The pigmentation is excellent as with all urban decay naked eyeshadow palettes and the colour selection is perfect in this palette... definitely cool toned but with some complementary warmish shades thrown in which balances the palette.

I feel like this palette is more suitable for everyday eye looks than the naked 1, as there is less glittery shades with some of the greys and the black providing some drama for events or night time looks.

I would definitely suggest to warm toned ladies with blue purple veins (haha!)/ warm toned ladies in general to not be put off by those saying it will not work for you. Try it out, swatch it!

As for cool toned girls this palette is definitely up your street.

Fast becoming my favourite eyeshadow palette!!

on 4/7/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down my favorite out of the Naked palettes. I have brown eyes and this is the perfect palette for brown/hazel eyes. I love everything about it. Pigmented, versatile, smooth and buttery, bendable, easy to build up on, and a little goes a long way. Just amazing.

This was my very first "highend" Palette. I was in LOVE when I first got it. I now have the chocolate bare & chocolate bon bon palette so I dont reach for it as much. These are pretty pigments, and you can create so many beautiful looks. My 2 Fav colours are #3 which is a shimmery gold tone champagne and #5 which is a greige taupe. They are very soft and come with a nice double ended brush. This palette would be a great daytime palette.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I've always wanted an Urban Decay Naked palette. After looking at all 4 they offer, I decided that I liked the Naked 2 colors the best. I have neutral toned skin so luckily I can pull off warm or cool eye shadows (this one is more cool toned). I don't regret buying this product & I am pleased with it. I do however wish the colors showed up more on the lid (yes I use a primer). The price is also not worth it so that's why I would not repurchase this again.

As time goes by, the less I seem to like this palette.

It was my first 'high-end' makeup purchase, which was very exciting, and the initial few uses of the palette were most enjoyable. Now I find myself reaching for it less and less. Why? Because it just isn't that impressive.

I'm not saying the shades aren't nice; they are. 'Tease' is one of my all-time favourite eye shadows, and the only one in the entire Naked 2 palette that I've managed to hit pan on. That's how little I use it.

The majority of shimmer shades swatch absolutely fantastically with the fingers. Notice I mentioned fingers. They do not go onto the eye with a brush as beautifully.

I hate the silver shades. They look so two-dimensional and it's almost impossible to blend them without creating a total mudfest. This is also the case with most of the other shadows. It doesn't matter what combination of shades you use, it will turn out muddy the majority of the time. At least, it did for me. No changes to my application rectified this.
'Snakebite' is very patchy. I don't like using it at all.

'Foxy' is a bit odd. It feels buttery smooth but, as others have pointed out, it's lacking in pigmentation. It only works well with the more orange/yellow shadows in the palette. I feel like they should have left 'Blackout' out altogether and included a more neutral or cool-toned base shade instead.

Everyone talking about the extreme fallout from these shadows is completely right - you'll either need some shadow shields, the world's steadiest hand or a willingness to either apply your face makeup after your eye shadow or the time to brush off every bit of glitter that'll be decorating your cheeks afterwards. It is a serious issue.

The brush that comes with N2 is great. I use it every day and it's a brilliant tool to have.

All in all, this is an okay palette. Just okay. In an ideal world I would have the few decent shades in singular form rather than this entire thing - there's just too much inconsistency in my opinion. I highly doubt people pay £37+ to have muddy eye shadow.