Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I've always wanted an Urban Decay Naked palette. After looking at all 4 they offer, I decided that I liked the Naked 2 colors the best. I have neutral toned skin so luckily I can pull off warm or cool eye shadows (this one is more cool toned). I don't regret buying this product & I am pleased with it. I do however wish the colors showed up more on the lid (yes I use a primer). The price is also not worth it so that's why I would not repurchase this again.

As time goes by, the less I seem to like this palette.

It was my first 'high-end' makeup purchase, which was very exciting, and the initial few uses of the palette were most enjoyable. Now I find myself reaching for it less and less. Why? Because it just isn't that impressive.

I'm not saying the shades aren't nice; they are. 'Tease' is one of my all-time favourite eye shadows, and the only one in the entire Naked 2 palette that I've managed to hit pan on. That's how little I use it.

The majority of shimmer shades swatch absolutely fantastically with the fingers. Notice I mentioned fingers. They do not go onto the eye with a brush as beautifully.

I hate the silver shades. They look so two-dimensional and it's almost impossible to blend them without creating a total mudfest. This is also the case with most of the other shadows. It doesn't matter what combination of shades you use, it will turn out muddy the majority of the time. At least, it did for me. No changes to my application rectified this.
'Snakebite' is very patchy. I don't like using it at all.

'Foxy' is a bit odd. It feels buttery smooth but, as others have pointed out, it's lacking in pigmentation. It only works well with the more orange/yellow shadows in the palette. I feel like they should have left 'Blackout' out altogether and included a more neutral or cool-toned base shade instead.

Everyone talking about the extreme fallout from these shadows is completely right - you'll either need some shadow shields, the world's steadiest hand or a willingness to either apply your face makeup after your eye shadow or the time to brush off every bit of glitter that'll be decorating your cheeks afterwards. It is a serious issue.

The brush that comes with N2 is great. I use it every day and it's a brilliant tool to have.

All in all, this is an okay palette. Just okay. In an ideal world I would have the few decent shades in singular form rather than this entire thing - there's just too much inconsistency in my opinion. I highly doubt people pay £37+ to have muddy eye shadow.

on 2/20/2016 10:43:00 AM

I got rid of mine. The only matte transition shade is tease so if you don't want every look to pull super cool or purpley toned you're SIL. It's ashame bc of it had any other matte beige color, I think I would have kept it and used it way more often than I did.

UD isn't known for its matte selections but every other naked palette offers two options for matte transition or crease shades, and this one doesn't.

I don't mind pulling in shades from other palettes to create a look on occasion but I won't keep a palette that I don't feel I can use by itself.

I appreciated a lot of the shades: bootycall, verve, chopper, half baked... But I won't repurchase

on 2/20/2016 10:31:00 AM

Good palette overall. Nothing to say about it. However, I only use 2 or 3 colors since I reach for other palettes when I do my makeup. The pigmentation is amazing, the texture too. I wouldn't repurchase it though because I don't use it that often!

I bought my first Naked2 palette a few months after it came out. I loved everything about it: the colors, the finish, the blendability, the wear... I didn't have a single complaint about it. It was the perfect palette for me and I used it every single day. In fact, I used up the palette - the whole damn thing. I considered buying other Naked palettes, but because I loved N2 so much, I decided to buy a new one about 6 months ago.

And it was terrible.

The previously smooth, buttery texture was now drier and chalkier. The shadows seemed less pigmented, less blendable. Instead, I would work my brushes down to the ferrules to try to blend it all out, piling on the product and dusting fallout everywhere as I went (a problem I hadn't had with my first palette), and I would end up with a mediocre, muddy mess. Gone was the beautiful, striking look that this palette used to give me.

Thinking I'd gotten a dud, I took it back to Ulta and exchanged it for another one. Same problems. After doing some research online, I've come to the conclusion that the quality of this palette has gone DRASTICALLY downhill since L'Oreal bought UD (my first palette was pre-L'Oreal), not to mention the fact that the price has gone up.

I've had other UD products in the past that I liked, as well, and have tried them again since the buyout with similar results. It seems as though UD's overall quality as a brand has suffered.

I won't be repurchasing this, or any other UD palettes/products. L'Oreal has ruined yet another thing I used to love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been watching youtube for a few years now and these naked palettes were hyped by everyone and ever since then, I was eyeing the palettes. Since they are way more expensive then they should be, I knew that I needed to pick one that I would use every day. After months of watching video reviews, I finally went with the Naked 2. The reason why it appealed to me so much was that it has a lot of fun, shimmery lid colors for natural, daytime looks. I'm the type of person who likes having fun, mid-tone everyday lid colors to just put on and go. My favorite colors are foxy, half baked, suspect and ydk. I think this palette is good for school and work and you can create a lot of fun looks with it. My only complaints are that it's overpriced for what it is, and there aren't enough matte shades in it. I have a few matte palettes that I can use with the Naked 2 but there should be matte crease shades in the palette itself.. Overall this is a nice palette for every day wear and it's good for cool toned skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never understood the hype around these 12-shadow Naked palettes.

While I do like many of the UD single shadows, I just feel these 12 pan palettes are nothing but glitter bomb messes. Add in the fact that my eyelids are aging and probably not great for so much glitter shadows, it is just a hot mess. But older eyelids aside (ie, these shadows settle into the creases and just make my eyes look old and tired and well, ugly..) I still do not get the hype. The colors are not that pigmented. Blackout is barely a charcoal grey, and that is even with me trying it with many different primers and even applying foundation, just always looks barely charcoal to me, even when building it up.

And then there is the fallout. Dust and glitter everywhere, on my cheeks, on my shirt, on my vanity..No matter what brush I use with these, whether it is a Mac brush or a Real Techniques brush or It Cosmetics brush or even Elf brushes, I get tons of dust and glitter everywhere.

The packaging. I guess I prefer this packaging over the first UD Naked 12 pan palette, but to me, it just feels cheap. The brush that I got with mine is decent though, but I am not going to buy a palette just for a 'decent brush'..lol :p

These shades have no lasting power on me. Again, I have tried these with many primers and these shades all disappear on me within an hour or two, and then I am left with glitter on my cheeks.

I would say if there is a shade you are drawn to, to see if they sell it in the single shadow form. Oddly enough, I have had luck with the single shadows, but the shadows in these palettes for whatever reason, are epic fails for me. The colors do look pretty in the pan but for me, the quality is not there. And even in looking at the colors in the pan, there are only maybe 3 or 4 (tops) shades I would really like, and that makes this an expensive trio or quad, especially given the poor performance that I get with these.

I will stick to the UD single shadows. Also, in conclusion, there ARE many dupes out there of many of these shadows, many that perform better. Those who have luck with this palette and use a lot of the shades, more power to you. I will say it is funny how a lot of times a youtuber will praise this palette but when they show the palette it looks barely touched. Guess for them it is so pigmented they barely make a dent. But to me, even my highly pigmented shadows look well-loved, not hardly touched. Not saying these guys and gals are not really using the palettes like they claim, but it does make me wonder if they tout it just because 'everybody and their sister/brother does'..:/

But to me, these lack pigment, have pretty much 0 staying power, and just leave glitter everywhere. No thank you. :(

on 1/11/2016 9:03:00 PM

I really do not understand the hype for Urban Decay. I feel that for the price you would expect a product with none or very little fallout, however there was a lot.
The shades are all beautiful, however the formulas of some are terrible. Blackout is very very patchy and foxy is far too chalky.
I have purchased the Makeup Revolution dupe of this product where the shandes are identical, the pigmentation is the same, and the Blackout/foxy equivalents are a usable formula.
Really liked that it comes with primer samples, they really are excellent and it persuaded me to buy a full size primer.

I absolutely love this palette! The colors are cool tones and the shades are so gorgeous! I've had this palette for a while now and I use it almost every week. Most of the shades are shimmery, but that's what I love about it. The brush that came with the palette is one of my favorites also. Everything about this palette is perfection. The only thing I don't like is the price.

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 PM