Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.9

on 4/14/2008 2:52:00 PM

i decided to buy this perfume despite not being able to smell it at the chemists since i read such great reviews on makeupalley. I Genuinely thought it would be clocolatety, sweet and lovely but i was TOO WRONG. The price was terrible for a fragrance that smells just absolutely aweful! i couldn't believe spending 38 on qa bottle that i threw in the bin today.
I Switched straight to nina by nina ricci and it was just pure heaven!

Definately try the perfume before you buy it!
And don't buy it just because it also had a gorgeous bottle! (woops)

on 3/28/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Today I first smelled this. It's awful! I was with 2 friends and they both thought the same. According to osmoz this has bergamot, mandarin, passion fruit, peach, apricot, patchouli, vanilla, chocolate and caramel. This should smell gourmand in theory but it doesn't. My first impression of this was.. DIRTY WOMAN (literarily speaking) like some lady who hasn't take a shower in a year... :S I think all these notes crash and the result is this. 2 lippies for the bottle that is beautiful, and the lasting power which is great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best scent in the world.

on 1/17/2008 10:07:00 PM

Oh my gawd. YUM! I love this stuff, but only after having left it a lone (after purchase) for about a week or so, I really think the scent changes after a bit of time, because at first mine smells a bit like spice overload, so one lippie off for that. My only real complaint (though about the box) is that the cardboard container, smells. like. pot. I'm dead serious. I have to throw it out in a different place other than my house it stinks so bad. But the perfume itself is a simply delicious, melted chocolaty, vanilla-y, spicy, orientalish smell that is drop dead gorgeous, I have noticed people leaning in just to smell me, and walk away with a "mm" smile.
HG perfume :]

on 11/23/2007 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG or "Holy Grail" perfume. I love it because, to me, it is the most beautiful scent created. Of course, 'beautiful' is objective and there are many differing opinions as to what it is and what it looks and smells like. I imagine that Marilyn Monroe would have given up No.5 for it. Think: beautiful but also sexy, shy yet overt. It's unapologetically distinctive, and yes, it would probably be rather ill-advised to splash it all over yourself like you would a body spray just before stepping onto some mode of public transport. There is a time and a place for Angel. 2 or 3 sprays at any one time should more than suffice (it's an EDP, after all, and less is definitely more with this one). In the evening I used to practically have a routine of applying 3 just before I left my place and topping up with another 1 or 2 as the night progresses at least a couple of hours later. Note that there's something very night-creature about Angel, kind of a perfect seductress scent. It's kind of like red lipstick � perhaps too much for the day but makes an impact at night. I also adore Angel's trademark dusky blue - chosen because that blue is that of the sky when the first star appears and hence the bottle shape. In terms of the actual notes: chocolate, vanilla, caramel, berries, honey, bergamot, praline and patchouli, you may assume that this is a scent unlikely to be described as light, fresh or clean. You would be correct. It shocks many to learn that it was released in 1992, well after the 'big' scents of the 80s where it would have perhaps felt more at home, than amongst the "anorexic oceanics of the 1990s". It smells more voluptuous. Because of this (and because I'm a fragrance addict with different scents for different occasions, outfits, moods...you get it) I feel that Angel would be inappropriate for certain occasions such as dinner with the in-laws though there's no obviously animalic or indolic notes, no civet or musk or white flowers. It's kind of the opposite of Estee Lauder Pleasures or Ralph Lauren Romance - you know, just that kind of easy, breezy, any occasion, conservative middle of the road type of scent. Angel's advertising sometimes seems to try to convince us of "the memories of Thierry Mugler's childhood" that inspired this scent and "the tenderness" but the reality is this may act as a bit of a catalyst in helping Angel wearers lose their innocence. That sounded a bit weird so here's a casual wink ;). It's a man-getter, that's for sure. It feels more like femme-fatale in a bottle than childhood memories. But I will admit there is a beautiful fragility that only seems to emerge in the dry down. I'm not sure what this is, imagine that's why it's called Angel; that fragility stops it from being called something like Vixen or Boudoir (the overkill sexy scent by Vivienne Westwood). It truly kills me inside that it's so widely available and mainstream. I can only be thankful to the unrelenting stream of watered-down eau-de-forgettables invading the fragrance market that distract and capture the attentions of many an unsuspecting shopper (albeit fleetingly). Angel is the classic movie that makes a lasting impact and can be enjoyed over and over again. But it can be disheartening to discover that the movie that you believed spoke only to you is being quoted on cheap t-shirts sold online. But I think that's the sign of a good perfume - you know, like when your friend asks what scent you're wearing and you feel inclined to tell her you can't remember or something. This has only happened a few times out of the many many perfumes I own (Kai, Angel and a couple by Annick Goutal, if you must know). I am guilty of this, though it has mainly been men that have commented on this fragrance. You may even lose count of the number of men that comment, by the way. If you already are an Angel-wearer, then you'll know what I'm talking about. If a perfume ever had the ability to make a man follow you like a curious dog, this is it. Before I forget, and just in case you were born yesterday, I'll just casually mention that Angel is the 'Marmite' of the perfume world. The definition of a "love it or hate it" scent. If you love it, you *really* love it, and if you hate it, words cannot express how much. You know what? You don't choose Angel, Angel chooses you. At least it cannot be described as bland. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about after all. I despise mediocrity and those cheap watery Victoria Secret type scents. Criticisms though of Angel include "suffocating silage" to the general vibe being "Eau De Candle-shoppe". There are references to rotting fruit, being strangely reminiscent of weedy smells and the rest is probably not all that appropo for MUA.. As for *some* reviews on here, blah blah pretentious blah. Anyway, I am a happy prisoner (oh, did I mention its time-defying lasting power?) of its deliciousness and I feel confused that others experience only unmitigated horror. I am on my 4th EDP and also have the deodorant spray, roll-on deodorant, "celestial" spray, body cream, body oil, hair mist, exfoliator, shower gel and the sunessence Angel thing which I don't like. In fact, I don't like any of the Angel spin-offs. The original is always the best.

on 7/26/2007 6:58:00 AM

OMG!!..hahas I didn't know this product is a well known perfume
well..my auntie had this perfume and I actually thought this was a cheapskate perfume due to the musky smell it had!And I read the label of the process and how the perfume bottle is shaped/designed like a star.HHmm..overall I think this perfume will be more suited to women rather than teenagers(in my opinion).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I HATE this scent with every fiber of my being haha. My friend puts it on every now and then and I just wanna ring her neck when she does. It's VERY potent and strong. I'm sorry but when I smell it, it reminds me of a prostitute trying too hard.

on 3/31/2007 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product the first time I got a sample of it. I thought it smelt like pinetrees and dirt. So I can really see why other people don't like it. But I love it now! It's so unique and you can tell what it is from a mile away! Excellent staying power as well! The only problem is I hate the bottle with a PASSION.

on 8/15/2006 5:31:00 AM

EDP version - I love this bottle! It's got a flat-ish back so it lies on a surface nicely and it is easily one of the prettiest bottles around IMO.
I tried this on years ago when I was about 12 (always loved expensive perfume, I blame my mother) and it smelt awful on me. Then, when my hormones had appeared and settled down, I tried it on again. Woah. I don't know what happened to my chemistry but it sure had changed. This smelt amazing the moment I tried it on again, and still smells just as fabulous three bottles later. Whenever I walk into a room, everyone asks what I'm wearing and guys love it. Its such a romantic, sweet smell that is sophisticated and has just the right weight to it for winter. Good if you're a chocoholic!
I'm just scared that this is going to become a Rush and everyone wears it - it spoils its intrigue. Not everyone could wear this though. Do test this before you buy.
Update: So many people that I know / work with now wear this that you need several paracetamol to get through a days worth of a thick cloud of Angel. Time to find a new sig scent :(

I really dont like the smell of this! I sprayed it in sephora and I almost gagged. I cant really explain the smell, but it is terrible. Please dont buy this before you try it!

Popular Fragrances