Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

Angel is very strong and one of those perfumes that literally smells different on everyone. I walked by a woman the other day in DSW and noticed how amazing she smelled. I was going to ask her what perfume she was wearing, and then realized it was Angel.
Also, I think a little goes a long way. Too much of this perfume is really too much.

I did not like this when I first came across it in the late 90's. However I have a friend that work it all the time and she always smelled amazing. This has grown on me and it is now a favorite.

I first had this perfume when I was in my late teens, soooo many peoples complimented it and many people then went on to buy it. After a few years I decided to move on to different ones. In 2015 I bought some more as I wanted a perfume again that I know actually does last all day...again I received so many compliments about it from passers by which was nice but I do feel that it reminds me of the past and that's where I should leave it. If you want a perfume to last from morning to night I definitely recommend this one! It wont let you down !

You either love it or hate it. Don't judge it the next second, let it sit for a little.. You would be easily recognized by this scent.

on 3/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ive had alien for a while now never cared to try angel and I did so I bought it today and I like them equally as much and the fact that the bottle is refillable which is the best part. I went to the mall to buy dior addict but was sold out so I bought angel and I'm glad because after smelling all of the dior fragrances I actually like pure poison the best so that's my next purchase when I find a deal as it is pricey and not refillable...overall angel is a strange scent and I supposed an acquired taste but it draws compliments and can be smelled from a distance and I like that because whats the point of wearing a fragrance only you can smell?? It seems as if it morphs from initial application at first its very odd but dries down sweet and just a lil floral...angel is my new signature scent

on 2/26/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Favorite fragrance. Hands down. Pricey but only use it for special occasions.

Believe it or not, I only first heard of Angel's existence a couple of years ago despite that it has been around since 1992! I began reading reviews of Angel soon afterward. The reviews were polarising to say the least. It seemed reviewers either loved or hated Angel with little in between. Everyone did agree that the patchouli note in Angel was the most prominent of all, and many reviewers described it as the smell of body odour, which needless to say was a bit off putting. As I am not a great lover of patchouli, that fact alone rather frightened me away for a long, long time. However, I continued to hear Angel mentioned a lot, and I continued to read the newest reviews, and more and more I began to think I should at least try it, but I never seemed to do so.

Finally, a few weeks ago, I was at the chemist's shop and saw a dupe of Angel. I thought I might at least try the dupe whilst I was there, and so I generously spritzed each arm, and to my surprise and delight, I liked it! The dupe was very good albeit I subsequently discovered that it is not as long lasting, and it does not have the same projection and sillage one finds in the real Angel. I then went to a department store and tested the real Angel EdP on my skin, and once the top notes settled down, I liked it. Angel's top notes do have a certain "bug spray" quality to them according to my nose, but then again, my nose is not very well tutored, so this observation should not be taken too literally. My nose may be the blame instead of Angel being the blame for my perceived "bug spray" smell.

The patchouli is definitely the most dominant and the most persistent note to my nose. I have read that the patchouli is as strong as it is in order to counteract all of the very sweet notes such as chocolate, caramel, candy floss, sweet flowers and sweet fruits. Aside from the patchouli and perhaps the dark chocolate, I was unable to pick out many of the other individual notes. All I knew was that given a bit of time, Angel dried down to a quite pleasant albeit a very unusual fragrance. I found the dry down slightly sweet but not nearly as sweet as some reviewers have claimed it to be. The projection, sillage, and longevity all turned out to be pretty good, too. I ended up purchasing the EdP and the body creme with no regrets whatsoever.

I think Angel will work well in cool weather, but I am not as sure about hot weather. Since the dupe was so good, and since it is not as strong, I decided to purchase it for the warm weather months instead of Angel EdT which by most accounts is a more masculine scent and only vaguely reminiscent of Angel EdP. The Walgreens's dupe will have to be reapplied every three or four hours, but at $6 a bottle (on sale), I do not see that as a problem at all. I cannot tell you that you will love Angel or hate Angel. All I can do is recommend that you try it on your skin a few times to give it a chance. Like myself, you may find that you quite like it, and it may end up a nice and very unique addition to your collection. One thing is certain, and that is that Angel is unlike anything else you have probably ever smelt before.

Although I cannot pick out all of Angel's notes, I list them here for your review:

Top Notes: Melon, Coconut, Mandarin Orange, Cassia, Jasmine, Bergmot, and Cotton Candy. (I do not distinguish any of these top notes by the way.)

Heart Notes: Honey, Apricot, Blackberry, Plum, Orchid, Peach, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Red Berries, and Rose.

Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Dark Chocolate, and Caramel.

I pick up more of the base notes than any others, particularly patchouli, a bit of dark chocolate, vanilla, musk, and amber. I cannot distinguish any caramel in Angel unfortunately as I like caramel.

I hope this review will help its readers to decide whether or not they wish to try Angel. If you do try it, keep an open mind about it, and try it more than one time in more than one type of weather. It is not the "average" parfum of any known category although it is labelled "Oriental Vanilla" It unlike any other Oriental Vanilla I have ever smelt, though. In fact, I would venture to say that it is in a category all by itself.

on 2/1/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells terrible!

on 1/29/2016 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Too musky and earthy for me, I can smell something sweet under the musk maybe a vanilla but it's buried under a scent I dislike. I don't despise this as much as some other people do but it's not for me. Staying power is good though, so if you like it you can enjoy it all day lol. Would not repurchase.

on 1/7/2016 5:41:00 PM

I was newly married when my sister introduced me to this beauty. I fell in love the first time I smelled this seductive, warm, inviting and addictive scent. Yes, I was a young married woman, but I fell head over heels, lustfully embracing her daily! She kissed the back of my neck, lovingly played in my long hair, stroked my wrists and caressed my chest in an intimate embrace (not at the same time, I think 2 or 3 sprays are quite enough and I do not believe in being doused in fragrance so much as to have your scent walk in the door before you do). It has been a torrid love affair! Despite having tried several other perfumes (and enjoyed many of them) I can't imagine being parted for long from this sexy girl! Her and I are not a secret, this is the one perfume I wear that consistently has BOTH men AND women asking me what I am wearing and complimenting me. I actually get stopped most frequently at the grocery store, even having people turn their carts around as they try to find who or what that delectable scent is! It am always happy to tell anyone. Especially young men who want to get this for their wife or girlfriend! I do not care if the world wants to revel in Angel, she certainly shouldn't belong only to me! I must say, she doesn't smell the same on everyone. On both my sister and I, she is something that I can only try and describe as a combination of incense, fresh Christmas trees, caramel vanilla with a touch of clove or spice. It is intoxicating on us, but I have smelled this on my friend who tried a sample of this while we were out shopping one day and she could not wait to get it off! And it just did not smell the same on her. Perhaps there really is something to be said about chemistry. Please do NOT try this on paper! This must warm up to properly reflect all the notes. I think it is nearly a crime to test perfumes in a price of paper that is cold and has nothing of your natural scent and chemistry on it! Test on your skin and I hope your affair begins! My husband still, nearly 20 years later, compliments me every time I wear this! It is a date night staple!

Popular Fragrances