Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a fantastic mineral makeup. When I say I have tried almost every mineral makeup out there, I am not kidding. From low to high end, I have tried them all. This is somehow different. I agree that it is matte, yet not flat. It is very finely milled and absolutely has improved my skin over a short amount of time. Whenever I have used mineral makeup in the past, it has either broken me out, left me looking much older than I am, faded away by the end of the day, or had no coverage despite layering. This is different. It covers extremely well and should I have areas that are a little darker, I just put a little on my finger and dab it on the trouble spots. It also lasts throughout the day. I generally do not even have to touch up. Now, those that are on the dry side will have to moisturize well beforehand, because it can be a bit drying, but other than that, this is a keeper. One thing to note. For me, the colors run a little light. I use medium beige and my skin tone is more on the fair side. Other than that, I cannot think of any other negatives. If you have not had luck with mineral makeup in the past, but still like the idea of something more natural, try Korres. This one is different.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never liked mineral makeup...until now! Korres has done it right! I hated every mineral foundation I have tried. It's either left me shiny and greasy, itching, broke out, old looking and dry or ashy. I would have to say this one is none of those. I'm 38, got some fine lines and not the best looking skin (Old acne scars and little hyperpigmentation). My skin is sensitive, It does not like Bismuth at all. BE was probably the worst in that it left me itchy and with a rash that lasted a week. Pur Minerals was ok, still left me itchy. Alima didn't work for me despite it's High praise (too dry).

This mineral foundation is different. I wear the lightest color, it's bit yellow but I do have some yellow undertones (But not orange, hello BE?). It's very finely milled and actually somewhat hydrating. It went on easy (No buffing!!!) and covered everything really well and gave me a bit of a glow even without being shiny and sparkly. It stayed on my face for 10 plus hours, no touchups. I did use Korres Anti aging primer before hand and got a nice smooth and even coverage, no caking in my lines. What I love the most is that it is SPF 30. I think that it is unheard of in any makeup Mineral or otherwise. Very impressed and pleased that I took the chance on this, despite my former failures in Mineral makeup. I am really becoming a fan of Korres in general. No parabens, no chemicals, derived from nature. Perfect for sensitive and picky skin!

on 2/4/2011 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love how this went on, but alas it made me itchy. :/ bummer! I snagged this after I saw it didn't contain bismuth oxychloride so I thought it wouldn't make me itch. I chased my kids, started spritzing and my face was on fire. :(

on 1/13/2011 2:30:00 PM

I like this! I saw it on-line on the Sephora site and was really wowed by the reviews. They actually had it at my local Sephora, so I picked some up. I like that it has some great ingredients like rose quartz. It also has spf 30 which is perfect. It works really well as a concealer too. I have the Sephora mmu brush #45 which works really well with this. I also use a larger Kabuki. I used Bare Minerals for a year or so, but I found that you really needed the Mineral Veil to set it properly. It made me break out after awhile due to the cornstarch. I have been experimenting with different foundations this year such as Shiseido The Makeup Stick and some tinted moisturizers. This is the best so far. I put a bit of my Smashbox Halo over top because I am addicted to that stuff and my skin looks really good. It is not cakey at all!

Update: This fades sun spots! I am so happy with this. The key is to use a very small amount and then use a concealer brush for spots needing more coverage. I still have my BM concealer brush which is the only thing I still use from that kit. It is awesome with the Korres. I also use my Smashbox Halo on top and it sets it perfectly.
This is very nice. It is the same container as BM, but they include a sponge. I don't use the sponge, but it does keep the product from going all over the place! I use a brush and get very good coverage. The best thing is that it is 30SPF so you could use this as a sunscreen. I am very happy and have been using for a week. It is supposed to be good for your skin too. I like Korres and will try more of their products.

on 2/3/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mineral foundation so far! Leaves your skin baby soft and silky! Sephora employee told me it contains more natural ingredients than Bare Minerals so this will not be harsh on your skin. I am verrry impressed! As you let the foundation set on your face it'll look like your perfect skin tone match. I'm so happy I found this makeup brand. I have acne scars and it does a good job covering my imperfections, but i'll definitely recommend using a concealer for that before applying Korres. PLEASE try this make up!

on 1/13/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Looks like I'm the first one to review this product. When I walked into Sephora yesterday they had just received the product. Just in time because I was looking to try a new mineral foundation. I've been using Bare Minerals for over 5 years and was never really wowed by it. It just happened to be one of the only things that didn't break me out so I didn't have much of a choice. The Korres comes in the same type of container as most foundations of its kind but no sifter like BM foundation. It has a very fine fine shimmer to it, I'm guessing because there is Mica in it. Which is important to note. It does NOT contain bismuth, according to Sephora SA but it does contain Mica. BM contains bismuth and no Mica. SO, if you have an allergy to Mica, this isn't for you. Moving on.. the fine shimmer is not very noticeable or over the top and you don't even really notice once its on your face. It applies much better than BM in my opinion and is not drying whatsoever. In fact, I think it made my skin really soft and smooth. I applied it with the Sephora Professional dense bronzer brush (the one with the white hair)which is actually similar to the density and size of a Kabuki but I think it's way better. I think it gives good coverage, about the same as BM but better finish, more hydrating, and just overall a better choice for mineral foundation. Time will tell if I am OK with the Mica and I will update. I am a fair-medium cooler toned complexion in the winter and I use the medium-beige which is perfect for me. There are a variety of other shades as well. Love this stuff. So glad I switched over. P.S. I'm sure it has some interesting ingredients as all Korres products do, AND it's SPF 30. Have never seen that high of an SPF in a mineral powder so that is impressive. Talc free. No parabens or sulfates and other ingredients that concern people. Brightening wild-rose extract with its healing properties are supposed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and repairs uneven skin tone. Exclusively sold at Sephora.