Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL
BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

3.9

on 3/18/2014 4:18:00 PM

This is for the limited ediition of Bombshell Italian Iris which is no longer available---boo hoo.
I bought this at their sale last fall and actually wanted the body cream which I dont think was made available. This perfume has poppy, iris and orris root. When sprayed it is very clean but definitely smells of citrus but the citrus is soft and doesnt turn sour. I love this perfume bec it doesnt have a lot of sugary sweetness to it, no caramel to turn sour, no cotton candy just a soft orange-lime smell that makes me smile. I dont have to worry that somebody beside me is going to run away bec the scent is hostile to them, this scent is serene and makes me feel cozy. It has no smoke to the scent, no harsh biting scent to the nostrils. The drydown is awesome, it is soft, warm and has a sort of powdery presence to it yet doesnt smell like baby powder. The bottle is gorgeous and a lot of thought was made regarding the scent and the bottle. This perfume doesnt remind me of the original Bombshell which I do not like as it makes me sneeze and is too masculine to me. I am sorry I didnt purchase more than one bottle.

on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bombshell is VS's #1 seller, they say. A fruity-floral with an aromatic, tart, crisp, zesty citrus twang. A sweet-tart aromatic fruity-floral. It has energy, for sure. Definitely has zing & pizzazz -- but verges on being harsh & pungent, like a citrus-scented furniture polish or floor cleaner. Must be spritzed with care.

Psychologically, it does perk me up -- energizes & cheers -- helps me to focus & get things done -- inspires confidence -- quite a good pick-me-up & mood lifter. Fresh, sweet, juicy-fruity, & zingy. But almost too pungent, and the pungency never goes away. Smells like a sharp grapefruit-berry-floral, to me, although there's no grapefruit in the note list below.

Launched in 2010, here are the notes, per VictoriasSecret.com:

Top notes -- Tangelo, pineapple, strawberry, purple passion fruit
Middle notes -- Jasmine, red berries, muguet, Shangri-la peony, vanilla orchid
Dry-down notes -- Musk, blonde woods, oakmoss

Bombshell won a FiFi award in 3 categories in 2011.

There's an InStyle dupe at Walgreen that is spot-on accurate. A 3.4oz bottle of this dupe is normally $11.99, but I've seen it on sale for $7.99 (maybe with a Walgreen discount card). I also think Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine smells like a softer, friendlier version of Bombshell -- not as aromatic, but similar. Body Fantasies "Romance & Dreams" (CVS) also smells like Bombshell to me. All are milder & less pungent than the real thing.

I just went to a gas station and stood in the cashier line behind two young pretty 20-ish girls, one of whom was obviously wearing Bombshell. The strength was fine -- but I just did not enjoy the scent. Reminded me of that horrible Satsuma from The Body Shop, which I always hated and you could smell all over the mall -- like sour pungent acidic tangerines -- too aromatic & bitey.

I've seen online that Bombshell supposedly works very well as a mosquito repellent -- even better than Avon Skin-So-Soft. It might be a good one to wear to outdoor picnics & BBQs.

ADDENDUM 12/1/16: After reading raves on the VS website yesterday, I'm wearing my Bombshell EDP again today. Crisp, zingy, juicy, perky. I'd put it in the same general category as Versace Bright Crystal, Clinique Happy, Chance Eau Vive, Brit Sheer, DKNY Be Delicious -- and I've never loved any of these, because they just wind up smelling sour and bitey to me -- and annoying.

on 2/28/2014 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love all of the Victoria secret fragrances and this is one of my current favourites. I have already used up a full sized perfume bottle of this and have repurchased not only another bottle but a body lotion and travel size body mist. The only thing I don't like about this is it doesn't seem to last too long, maybe max 3 hours, but I find that perfumes in general don't have a super long durability

Edit 03/06/18: lately this has been my signature frag I’m hell-bent on finishing my 3.4oz bottle of perfume I got last year (2016 Black Friday) & I have a lotion (full sized), two 2.5oz body sprays, mini lotion from gift set, 8.4oz body spray, 3.4oz edp, & 3 rollerballs im addicted to bombshell. It smells like an expensive shampoo really awesome fruity & fresh Now I’m redi 4 summer ....bring it! It’s not too expensive when it’s on sale $7 rollerballs, $15 gift set (2.5oz body spray/lotion),,, and it’s proven to repel mosquitoes better than Avon skin so soft I hate bugs so bad so this is a major endearing quality. I never get bored this classic scent. It’s an american classic! This perfume doesn’t get a lot of love on Frag Board (VS generally as a rule are not exalted over more expensive scents but VS makes many a fine scent!). This is def my fave VS scent. In my top 5 fave scents!!!! #winning #gottahaveit —- Original review: I lluv Bombshell!! When you spray it on you feel your inner sultry vixen coming out lol. It does not smell cheap, strippers or slutty but wearing this gets attention from boys if you slather enough on ;) (not all boys "get" the subtle tactic!!) somehow I get reminded of Addidas Moves For Her crossed with EL Pleasures (I kno im weird!!) when I wear this because bombshell isn't strong floral nor foodie scented. Just like fresh clean just got out of a shower with a good bar of soap and a nicely scented shampoo. Lovely scent!! Too bad it's so much money.

on 1/21/2014 11:22:00 PM

So I went to VS store the other day to try out some body mist and this bombshell caught my attention right away. I did try some other body mist after that but I kept coming back to try this one again and again. I decided to get it and I think it was a right decision. I absolutely love this body mist! I prefer body mist because I like just a light scent for school.

Anw, this bombshell smells fresh and clean. It starts with a very fruity (but not so girly) scent, then it fades to a more floral scent and by the end of the day, it smells like a unisex kinda scent. It's feminine but definitely not so girly. I think it's more suitable for 20+ year-old girls since it's more like a mature yet not old scent. This one smells like nothing I've tried before. I definitely recommend this to girls who are into more mature, classy and sexy scent. If you prefer or expect something fruity and sweet, it might not be what you want.

Oh it lasts for about 5 hours on me without reapplying, so I'm pretty satisfied.

on 12/17/2013 8:21:00 PM

Love this, there are very few fragrances that I like, but this is awesome! Not a rosy floral or baby powder smell or gardenia, those are the scents I really don't like. I found this scent by buying one of those perfume samplers that vs sells. This was by far my favorite

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just want to let lovers of Bombshell know, an excellent impression of Bombshell is available at Walgreen's, for $11.99 for a 3.4 oz. bottle, called instyle fragrances. Most people cannot tell the difference. Hope you all find this review helpful.

on 8/17/2013 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

The bottle is what grabbed my attention 1st. I thought it had a great smell in the bottle, so I bought a set during their semi annual sale. My mistake was that I didn't test it on my skin. It did not mix will with my body chemistry at all. From now on I always make sure to test it out 1st.

LOVE this scent, but the lasting power is so POOR!! I even spray and drown myself in this just to see if it would last longer that way...and sadly, it doesn't seem to have good staying power..sigh...too bad, such a beautiful outstanding scent.

on 8/4/2013 7:15:00 PM

First off, I'm a tad confused by the reviews claiming that this is a floral scent. It isn't. It's a fresh and citrusy / fruity scent. While there are many pros to this scent than cons, the cons are kinda bad. For instance, it doesn't last vey long, about 4 hours max. Also, it is priced at 73 dollars (68$+tax). Which for a perfume that is not name brand, is kinda expensive. The bottle is pretty, but compared to other perfumes by Victoria's Secret, they could have put more thought to it. Now, on to the pros- I get compliments from almost everyone I talk to when I wear this perfume. It is friendly and inviting, and is not headache inducing. It smells clean, great for daytime or night time use. It kinda almost sorta smells like cologne so most if not all men seem to enjoy this fragrance. My boyfriend rarely compliments my perfumes (I am a huge fan of white florals (tuberose, jasmine, gardenia) and he is not, so most of the perfumes that I wear he doesn't really like but this perfume in particular he really loved. I gave this perfume an overall rating of 5 lippies (although there are cons) because it truly does smell amazing. Also, the cons are workable, for example- for longevity just layer the lotion with the perfume and it should last a bit longer. As for price, you can always find it discounted with amazon or ebay. So regardless of the cons, the main point of a perfume is to smell great and this perfume smells a lot better than most and is truly unique. Overall, I love it and will continue to buy it.

Popular Fragrances