Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 10/30/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I really love my Naked Eye kit. The shadows are silky and soft. They apply smoothly with medium to sheer pigment. With TFSI they look bolder but I actually like the softer smokey eye I can achieve with this kit. My favorite shade is Satin Sheets its the most gorgeous pink with peachy gold satiny shimmer, I love it as a browbone and cheekbone highlight. Stiletto is perfect as liner and Like A Virgin is a perfect neutral brown for filling brows. The packaging is adorable also and I use mine just about everyday. <3

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

on 9/11/2011 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ugh- first off i have to vent so sorry in advance---
I HATE when the same exact product is listed more than once here in the reviews section so i contacted the mods asking them to consolidate the two listings into one. sadly they did not comply or even respond, so i guess between the 2 choices ill just write my review here....
I was looking for something neutral and matte-ier than uds palettes which I find to be so beautiful to look at but not always so easy to wear with all the bright colors, frosts and glitter. I saw that there is a nice combination of mattes and frosts in this palette, lemmed it for an acceptable amount of time and then when i returned some things to sephora and had a store credit i decided to give it a try.
I like udpp as primer with this- tried tfsi but had to pack on several coats of e/s to get it to show up but not so with udpp- colors showed up perfectly over it. I liked the eye makeup for dummies (lol) type cards that came with it and i do all the looks suggested- was very helpful for my creatively challenged self. Use my own brushes not the included one-pretty useless-looks like they got the message cuz the other kits ive seen dont have a brush anymore. Love all the colors-nice variety and good color payoff too. Love that they made the all over lid colors bigger than the other colors, makes sense since they are used more. All in all this is one of my fav palettes and I have already ordered the new smokey eye one-cant wait, and after that will be the mattes....

on 9/28/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally, I found it! I found a neutral eye palette designed for fair, cool toned women. I have wanted to do a neutral eye look for years, but could never hit into the right combination of colors. Nearly every palette I've come across had clearly been designed for warm toned ladies. I just can't do bronzes and browns. They make me look dirty and tired. They look amazing on others, but awful on me. This palette has an array of blush colored shadows and taupes as well as a dramatic black for lining. I love it. No, the color payoff is not tremendous. It is subtle, but that is exactly what I wanted. If I want to jazz it up a bit for an evening I just pack on a bit more color. I'm thrilled that I can use each and every color in the palette, the lasting power is great, especially when worn over Shadow Insurance. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the bulky Benefit-like packaging. I usually apply my makeup after I shower at my gym, and the bulky packaging is annoying. However, I will suffer this small inconvenience because I love the palette that much.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette as someone who doesn't own ton's of eyeshadow and loves neutral cool shades. It has everything I need for day to night. I love playing around with it and the packaging is so cute I always keep it out on my vanity. The shades are nicely pigmented and stay in place even if I do not use shadow primer. I'm very happy with this kit. xo

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This eye-shadow collection is very nice. The colors are good for all seasons, all year long. I usually use this during the day. The colors are soft and I need to swipe my brush on the shadow a few times to get the color to be noticed on my lid. You cannot wear it alone, defiantly need a good primer and a good mascara. I have dark brown eyes and the colors work very well defining my eyes. It is kind of a little too expensive but the box is very cute and the colors are perfect for everyday looks.

on 9/5/2011 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love the eye shadows but not the palette. It's rather bulky so it's not convenient to take with you. I don't understand why the applicators are in a different drawer? I would rather have this one packaged like a Glamour to go palette. But it does look cute. I like the small cards that contain suggestions about making a day, night or fashion look.
As for the shades, they are truly versatile and easy to apply.
I love that the shades are not too frosty or shimmery, don't have fall out (f.i. like the natural palette). the shades are light, matte or satin with two more shimmery shades.
You can make a barely there make up or a dramatic smoky one. I love it and would repurchase.

I love absolutely love this palette! All the shadows apply quite sheerly, so if you are looking for major color payoff, this might not be for you. The shadows stand out from many of my other shadows, because there is no super obvious shimmer or glitter to them. Rather, it has almost an irridescent shimmer effect that is very subtle and flattering for day looks. This is a great palette for those that look good in cool/neutral shades. I have to admit that the one con is the bulky packaging. It is a major pain and I rarely travel with this for that reason.

on 9/9/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These days, I'm liking Too-Faced more and more. I was lucky enough a while back to get a full-sized palette as a bonus from Sephora. The palette I received had a sampling of two shadows from each of Too-Faced Collections palettes. Although I regularly use all the shadows, the one shadow I kept going back to and using was "Like a Virgin". I'm telling you..on my cool-toned skin, this neutral color is amazing--it give my eyes that extra "oomph". It's kind of like a muddy, taupe-y, brown, but not an orangey-brown...more like a blue-brown. Anyway, I had been mulling over purchasing the UD Naked palette for a while, and when I finally saw it in person at Ulta, the shadows just didn't look like the majority would be flattering to me. Also, I thought the velvet case was kind of cheesy.
That being said, on a later trip to Sephora, I saw the Naked Palette by Too-Faced and "Like a Virgin" was one of the shadows contained. I levitated. No kiddin'. I love this palette. All the colors are flattering...the pigmentation is great b/c it isn't so deep--you can start off lightly for day, and with a little bit of a more heavy hand, can build up for a night or special occasion eye look. Plus, there is no fall out.
And......the shimmer on some of the shadows is so subtle--it really is a fantastic palette.
I know a lot of women don't like the packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. For me, it is pretty much travel-friendly as every shadow I need is in one box. To keep it shut I just wrap a twirly-do (my family name for those elastic hair ties) around it to keep it shut.
I only wish that Too-Faced would create a 'Like a Virgin" single shadow!
All in all, great product. Great price. Most definitely will purchase again. I think I'll purchase one for my daughter as well.

on 9/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love all of Too Faced Palettes. The instruction cards make application a breeze.