Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/13/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finally bought this after years and years of contemplation and buying cheaper dupes. It is a truly beautiful palette. I can get a variety of looks that are good for daily wear and work. I do like the 3rd palette a bit more but overall I am glad to finally own this as my own. I definitely need to use an eye primer with these but the pigmentation is on point. I find them easy to blend as well. A bit pricey but worth it if you like warm shades in the brown spectrum.

on 12/8/2016 12:36:00 PM

I got the Naked palette as a gift recently. I was really excited at first, but in a matter of days that excitement whittled down to disappointment. I shouldn't place fault on the palette for me being a pale-skinned nc15 with small, deepset eyes...this palette simply isn't for me. I thought the warm colors would work for my olive undertone, I mean warm colors usually work better than cool for me when it comes to lipsticks and blushes, for eg. corals, peaches and warm pinks are some of my best colors. Maybe it's because the colors are just too deep and intense. When I play around with my palette, it doesn't matter which shade combo I use, or how well I've blended, I always end up looking like I have dark, dull, muddy shimmer on my lids, plus the lighter colors like Virgin and Sin make my eyes look yellow and jaundiced, what the heck...not at all flattering! The matte shades are boring and also look muddy. And as much as I adore Halfbaked, a paler gold is what works wonders on me, pale golds, white golds, champagne, peaches and taupes are my jam...yellow or true gold, bronze, and warm browns are no-nos (so I've learned). I suppose deeper shades like Hustle, Darkhorse and Creep *could* work for my outer v and as liner when I want smokey eyes in the evenings. But I prefer matte or less shimmery shadows for smokey eyes, and neutral-cool, dusty colors (ie.greys, dark taupe, navy, dusty purples and ash browns) seem to be alot more flattering around my peepers for that look, these are just too warm and intense. When it comes to the formula of these shadows, my MAC and Inglot eyeshadows are superior in every way, less powdery, smoother and creamier...but overall, not bad, color pay-off is very good, it's just more powdery than what I'm used to. My sister is nc25-nc30 with large round eyes, she tried this palette too, and she can rock the shades. Golden to dark bronzed skinned beauties should love this palette. I might end up passing it to her. Naked 3 suits me far better than Naked or Naked 2. Naked Smoky isn't too bad if you love smoky eyes, but again the colors are just too frosted with not enough lighter transition shades. Naked is just the least flattering on me out of them all. To all my pasty brunette sisters out there, Naked 3 was made for you, the peaches and pinks are especially stunning on milky white skin, Naked 2 could work too if you're not a fan of rosy tones. Now, if we're talking neutrals with golds and browns, The Balm's Nude Dude palette is far more flattering on me and the colors alot more versatile, neither too warm nor too cool with a good mix of light and dark shades. I might just get that one in the future.

I think this is a nice palette if you want a neutral look, especially for warm tones. When I first received this I wouldn't stop using it. Now, I don't reach for it often, and when I do, I only use 5 colors. The other colors just don't appeal to me, and I find these shadows tend to crease on me, even with primer, after 8 hours. It works fine for a normal day for me, but I prefer other formulas and colors.

on 12/5/2016 4:36:00 PM

This is a very nice, well-curated palette. I'm just not sure it's worth the unbelievable hype surrounding it. I have several palettes that are more exciting and more versatile and just as high quality. And more affordable. That said, this palette is beautiful. The shadows are of undeniable quality and pigmentation. They are extremely blendable and smooth, easy to work with, and creating looks is simple because, being neutral, they all complement each other so well. In that sense, this is a no-brainer, great for beginners (if they can afford it). However, this palette is also very shimmery. There are only two matte shades. It could benefit from a deep, dark matte shade to deepen the crease/outer-v, and to line with. I have partially hooded eyes naturally, so I don't benefit a lot from tones of shimmer. Gals and guys with hooded or partially hooded eyes should be aware.

I think when this palette came out, it was unique and very exciting. Since then, hundreds of beautiful, wonderful palettes have come on the market, some at great prices, and I'm not sure the Naked palette is as essential as it once was. I'm glad I got it, but I don't think I was missing too much without it. I'll pull it out on days that I need a nice eye look, but don't want to think too much about it or spend a lot of time on it. At the end of the day, it is over-priced and over-hyped, but certainly a wonderful product.

I think if I ever run out of any of these shadows, I'll probably get a high quality dupe from an affordable brand instead of getting this expensive palette again.

on 11/24/2016 1:16:00 AM

This was my first urban decay palette that I purchased I have all 3+ many others that are made by UD this one's OK I used most of the lighter shades, but I prefer the second pallet this one has too many colors that are frosty and I prefer mattes to shimmers Love the packaging I'm a sucker for packaging it' has a beautiful velvet feel but to me this one is overpriced

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

on 10/17/2016 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have and love the UD Naked 3 palette and I got the original one as an early birthday present to myself.
Even though I said to re-purchasing this, it will take me some time to use up this palette and then I'd like to use up my other warm eyeshadow palettes after that.
But if I were starting from scratch, I would most definitely have this palette as an essential in my makeup stash.

I love Sidecar, Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse for a subtle bronze/smokey eye look.
I'll use Creep as a liner or to intensity the look.

Pigment and staying power are superb as it is with UD eyeshadows in general.
I was going to get the MAC Warm Palette eyeshadow but I like the convenience of the Naked palette more, especially for travelling.

If you've been on the fence about getting this palette, I recommend it, especially if you love warm colours.

on 10/14/2016 10:57:00 AM

The only thing keeping me from re-purchasing this, is theres only one light color. And its not even that light. I need some light cream colors for my lid. Otherwise the quality is amazing.

I've always been a fan of pre-made eyeshadow palettes, since I'm far too lazy to create my own. The Naked palette is one of my favorites. It's a bunch of gorgeous warm shades, with great pigmentation and an amazing formula. Some of my favorite shades in the palette are half-baked, toasted, and sidecar. The packaging is a bit of an annoyance, but otherwise I enjoy the palette.

on 11/23/2016 7:55:00 AM

This is my everyday go-to palette. The colours really complement my brown eyes. I would like there to be more lighter colours as I ran out of Virgin first.
I gave the packaging 3/5 because it doesn't stay very clean with the velvet.
I would definitely repurchase this once I finish my favourite shades.