Urban Decay NAKED [DISCONTINUED]

Urban Decay NAKED  [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/25/2017 6:55:00 AM

This was my first eyeshadow pallette that I bought years ago and it still is worth every penny. I have used this pallette almost everyday for about 3 years and there is still plenty left. (I have dropped it a couple of times so a few are broken) It is a bit pricey, but it lasts ages. It has great pigmentation and barely any fallout (looking at you, Naked2).The packaging isn't that great because the velvet gets dirty easily, But overall, great neutral palette with light and dark shades with matte and shimmery colors that lasts all day with the primer. Never regretted buying it and it is my go to pallette!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfection. best money i ever spent. i use this baby everyday for every kind of look. love

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

When I first got this, it was all I used. Then I started getting other palettes and realized I'm not much of a fan. I liked the primer potion sample, but that's long gone. I've had this for about 5-6 years and I just don't reach for it anymore. It feels very outdated and I have palettes that perform far better. The shimmers have (maybe had, I could have an older version) a lot of fallout, I always end up with glitter under my eyes when I use this, but when I use my ammo palette, I have no problem with fallout. I don't want to get rid of it because it was one of my first palettes but it doesn't do much for me. also the brush is crap, I never reach for that either.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.

I bought all four of the naked palettes when I was just getting into makeup. They seemed perfect to me at first, however, now I realise that there are products out there that are easier to blend and have a wider variety of colours. My biggest issue with these palettes is that they seem a bit too similar to me and some shades overlap in several palettes, I feel like they should be a bit more varied. Also, I find the darker shades (such as the black and grey ones) very hard to blend out and quite patchy when swatched. But overall, it is a great palette for neutral looks and people who love golds and browns... however, do consider before buying several of these, whether you really need them as it is quite easy to get bored of the naked look.

This palette is perfect for a nude, bronzy eye or a smokey eye. All the colours are really pigmented and last for ages. The colours are varied but I wish there was one or two bright contrasting colours. The packaging is great and I love how its covered in a velvet like material. I really liked how you receive a brush which you can use on a day to day basis and is in really good condition.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!