Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.

on 12/15/2016 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is good but not great.the price of it is not justified.

on 12/14/2016 4:23:00 PM

Ok , so to start I'd like to say this Palatte is nice , but I have to say I'm still not sure if I ' love ' it now this could be me having unrealistic expectation , but everyone talks of the great pigmentation - and for the cult classic half baked it just didn't live up . Now if I work well building this up ( whilst basically using up half the pan ) I can create a really pretty look and I will repurchase because I'm a fan of goldy brown looks they compliment my grey blue she just in not sure yet if this is the best pallete . I'm trying y get my hands on the too faced chocolate bar Palatte currently to see if that will cut it , but my judgment seems to sway with this product from like to love and to be honest and think part of that sway toward love is the influence of other loving and obsessing over it whilst I want to love it really bad , but I just build it up so much in my head this Palatte didn't live up to my great expectations . Aside from half baked the pigment seems to be good I would say sin was a bit under pigmented and side car gave me too much fallout however At the end of the day many of you will be looking for a reeled in look for day to day life which this Palatte could be great for and why I gave it the 4 star review I did .

on 12/13/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finally bought this after years and years of contemplation and buying cheaper dupes. It is a truly beautiful palette. I can get a variety of looks that are good for daily wear and work. I do like the 3rd palette a bit more but overall I am glad to finally own this as my own. I definitely need to use an eye primer with these but the pigmentation is on point. I find them easy to blend as well. A bit pricey but worth it if you like warm shades in the brown spectrum.

on 12/8/2016 12:36:00 PM

I got the Naked palette as a gift recently. I was really excited at first, but in a matter of days that excitement whittled down to disappointment. I shouldn't place fault on the palette for me being a pale-skinned nc15 with small, deepset eyes...this palette simply isn't for me. I thought the warm colors would work for my olive undertone, I mean warm colors usually work better than cool for me when it comes to lipsticks and blushes, for eg. corals, peaches and warm pinks are some of my best colors. Maybe it's because the colors are just too deep and intense. When I play around with my palette, it doesn't matter which shade combo I use, or how well I've blended, I always end up looking like I have dark, dull, muddy shimmer on my lids, plus the lighter colors like Virgin and Sin make my eyes look yellow and jaundiced, what the heck...not at all flattering! The matte shades are boring and also look muddy. And as much as I adore Halfbaked, a paler gold is what works wonders on me, pale golds, white golds, champagne, peaches and taupes are my jam...yellow or true gold, bronze, and warm browns are no-nos (so I've learned). I suppose deeper shades like Hustle, Darkhorse and Creep *could* work for my outer v and as liner when I want smokey eyes in the evenings. But I prefer matte or less shimmery shadows for smokey eyes, and neutral-cool, dusty colors (ie.greys, dark taupe, navy, dusty purples and ash browns) seem to be alot more flattering around my peepers for that look, these are just too warm and intense. When it comes to the formula of these shadows, my MAC and Inglot eyeshadows are superior in every way, less powdery, smoother and creamier...but overall, not bad, color pay-off is very good, it's just more powdery than what I'm used to. My sister is nc25-nc30 with large round eyes, she tried this palette too, and she can rock the shades. Golden to dark bronzed skinned beauties should love this palette. I might end up passing it to her. Naked 3 suits me far better than Naked or Naked 2. Naked Smoky isn't too bad if you love smoky eyes, but again the colors are just too frosted with not enough lighter transition shades. Naked is just the least flattering on me out of them all. To all my pasty brunette sisters out there, Naked 3 was made for you, the peaches and pinks are especially stunning on milky white skin, Naked 2 could work too if you're not a fan of rosy tones. Now, if we're talking neutrals with golds and browns, The Balm's Nude Dude palette is far more flattering on me and the colors alot more versatile, neither too warm nor too cool with a good mix of light and dark shades. I might just get that one in the future.

I think this is a nice palette if you want a neutral look, especially for warm tones. When I first received this I wouldn't stop using it. Now, I don't reach for it often, and when I do, I only use 5 colors. The other colors just don't appeal to me, and I find these shadows tend to crease on me, even with primer, after 8 hours. It works fine for a normal day for me, but I prefer other formulas and colors.

on 12/5/2016 4:36:00 PM

This is a very nice, well-curated palette. I'm just not sure it's worth the unbelievable hype surrounding it. I have several palettes that are more exciting and more versatile and just as high quality. And more affordable. That said, this palette is beautiful. The shadows are of undeniable quality and pigmentation. They are extremely blendable and smooth, easy to work with, and creating looks is simple because, being neutral, they all complement each other so well. In that sense, this is a no-brainer, great for beginners (if they can afford it). However, this palette is also very shimmery. There are only two matte shades. It could benefit from a deep, dark matte shade to deepen the crease/outer-v, and to line with. I have partially hooded eyes naturally, so I don't benefit a lot from tones of shimmer. Gals and guys with hooded or partially hooded eyes should be aware.

I think when this palette came out, it was unique and very exciting. Since then, hundreds of beautiful, wonderful palettes have come on the market, some at great prices, and I'm not sure the Naked palette is as essential as it once was. I'm glad I got it, but I don't think I was missing too much without it. I'll pull it out on days that I need a nice eye look, but don't want to think too much about it or spend a lot of time on it. At the end of the day, it is over-priced and over-hyped, but certainly a wonderful product.

I think if I ever run out of any of these shadows, I'll probably get a high quality dupe from an affordable brand instead of getting this expensive palette again.

on 11/24/2016 1:16:00 AM

This was my first urban decay palette that I purchased I have all 3+ many others that are made by UD this one's OK I used most of the lighter shades, but I prefer the second pallet this one has too many colors that are frosty and I prefer mattes to shimmers Love the packaging I'm a sucker for packaging it' has a beautiful velvet feel but to me this one is overpriced