Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

While Christmas shopping in 2012, I was walking through Belk's perfume dept and caught a whiff that spun me around and made me backtrack. Whoa, something smelled *so* lovely -- I had to find out where that beautiful light whiff had come from. Not merely pretty -- it had a subtle sensuality about it also. Mmmm!

There was a tester of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre (= French for "soft", I believe) sitting on the counter on a stand -- that was it! I sprayed some on, then went to Books A Million -- and the young female cashier who checked out my coffee told me that I smelled soooo good -- so I volunteered the name of the perfume to her, since I could tell she was dying to know but was too polite to ask.

I have seen Chance Eau Tendre on Sephora's best-sellers shelf in third place (behind Flowerbomb and Viva La Juicy) -- and for awhile now, Eau Tendre has been the only version of Chance that our Belk's now sells. Eau Tendre must sell very well -- maybe even better than the original Chance or Eau Fraiche versions? I don't know, I've never heard any statistics -- but it seems to be quite popular.

Eau Tendre launched in 2010, and according to parfumo.net, its notes are:

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince (a fruit between apple & pear)
Heart Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine
Base Notes: Amber, Iris, Musk, Cedarwood

This smells nothing like the original Chance, it's a completely different scent. To me, it's a very sheer fruity-floral -- delicate and breezy -- ethereal -- very feminine -- and it smells like its color -- which is a delicate pink.

It's airy, dewy, fresh, watery, and smells almost melony, in a way (ie, delicately fruity -- might that be the quince note?). It makes me think of a ballerina. Or a blush -- a shy blush. Vaguely takes me back to the 70's, but I don' t know which scent from back then it reminds me of.

In spite of being light, sheer, & wispy -- and an EDT strength -- it's actually quite strong and tenacious. I don't know how Chanel managed that, but they did. Be careful, it can be oversprayed -- and it lasts very well.. In my humble opinion, this fragrance would work on women of any age -- any season, any occasion. It's just a very pretty, light, inoffensive fragrance -- and it's sensual too.

ADDENDUM 6/18/15: I was gifted Marc Jacobs Daisy "Eau So Fresh" for Mother's Day, and I'm wearing it now -- and to me, Eau So Fresh smells similar to Chance Eau Tendre, but it's brighter. Bond No. 9 Madison Square Park (pink bottle) smells similar to Eau Tendre also IMHO, but the Bond is also brighter -- and stronger (all Bonds last like crazy).

All three scents are in the same basic wheelhouse, to my nose, but IMHO Eau Tendre is the smoothest, softest, most cohesive, most sensual, and the nicest. For me, it's a very calming, soothing, soft, dainty fragrance. Good anytime, but I'm finding I enjoy it most in warm/hot summer weather.

I am on my second bottle of this. It's such a great any time scent. I've worn this in all seasons and it's perfect for when I want something light but still present. It definitely has an effervescent quality to it, as others have described. I find the lasting power to actually be pretty good! I notice it lingers more in my hair/clothing than on my skin. But it does last. It just gives a great clean, almost soapy smell with a hint of light musk. Any sharpness at the initial spray fades very quickly. I don't see how this could offend anyone unless you went way overboard. I don't reach for this as much as I did at first, but it's still in fairly heavy rotation for me. I would buy bottle #3 if I ran out!

This isn't my signature scent (love Vera Wang classic), but I really love this. I get compliments every time I wear this. It smells a bit soapy and is a bit unusual to me, but I really enjoy the scent and it lasts all day.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Reminded me a lot of Daisy Oh So Fresh (similar notes in compositions). I had to compare! I got a sample vial today of Chance Tendre. I sprayed a perfume on each wrist and waited. Even though Oh So Fresh isn't a strong fragrance whatsoever, in comparison it is much more detectable on my skin. I struggled to smell the Chance, it is very subtle. They are surprisingly similar in the beginning, which is why I do like Chance. But price-wise, for better sillage and staying power, the sure pick would be Oh So Fresh. Way better value for money (As you can pick one up on sale). Chanel is too pricey when there's cheaper perfumes that smell just as 'lovely'.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this perfume! It's my signature scent! I normally switch perfumes with the seasons but I wear this all year round. Every time I wear it I get a ton of compliments (especially from men). Such a sexy scent! Remember: A little goes a long way! Don't drench yourself in it or you'll have a headache!

I don't won this one yet, but the couple times I tested it, I really loved it. It's not even really my normal fruity, or vanilla, but I really like it. I buy lots of perfumes on ebay, but there are so many fakes of this one, that it looks like I'll be heading to the big name store and paying top dollar. In this case, because I like this one so much, it's probably worth it. I just hope it has decent silage and longevity for full price.

This has been my signature scent since May. Men seem to love this one. It is soft and feminine.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

EDIT: Not sure if this has been reformulated, but I got my second bottle of Eau Tendre in 2015, and something about it seemed off. There was a note that really bothered me and I just couldn't wear it anymore.

My signature scent!
For some reason, in the last few years I have had a hard time finding a fragrance that doesn't give me an instant migraine. I wore Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for some time, but always found it too citrus and just not feminine enough for my taste. Then I tried nearly everything and couldn't find anything I liked *and* could actually wear.

Someone recommended Chanel Chance Eau Tendre but I honestly never thought that this would be the one. Well, it was! I just love how it smells and especially that it doesn't bother me at all. Eau Tendre is a delicate and well balanced floral fruity scent. It's neither too floral or too fruity nor too sweet or too musky. It's just a little bit of each and, for me, it's just perfect. I love it!

OBS.: Eau Tendre is indeed very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. But while Daisy is more floral and "greener", Eau Tendre is more fruity and sweet, with a prominent citrus opening.

Adore this scent! Very feminine and chic. I wear it on a daily basis and it's my signature scent.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Defintely my signature... The smell is so divine and am in love with this

Popular Fragrances