E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

I love this powder, but I prefer the banana one instead of the traslucent, because when I bake my face with it, it leaves just a little bit of whiteish color. Sets everything in one layer :)

on 6/24/2016 8:50:00 PM

This was the first loose powder I used to set my makeup. Its ok and you do get a lot of product for the price. It's decent but nothing spectacular. I've since started using coty airspun and think that gives me more of a flawless finish. I still have some elf powder left but probably won't use it up and would not repurchase.

on 5/23/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Whatever is in this product, works better than I have tried so far for my shiny face. Love this. The fact that it's cheap, keeps me matte, and is also TALC-FREE (sensitive skin) - puts this at the top of my HG powder list. Like others have mentioned, they could put it in a different applicator. The container is horrid. However, I do like that it's sheer - with absolutely no color in the powder.

++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: still using this - and love it. Best sheer powder I've found so far that is talc-free. I love that it has no color to it (sheer) - I've found some translucent powders (like physicians formula) aren't really translucent, but make you tan or orangey. Love this stuff. Just to add - I dabbed some of this powder on at 9AM just after getting to work - and it is now 3:55PM -- summer - and I have not ONCE had to blot my skin for oil or greasiness, and I live in a humid, hot climate that normally, by the end of the day, I've usually had to blot my face a couple of times by the end of the day. This stuff works better than any non-shine powder I've seen (drugstore). Grab this stuff, gals. It also has not broke me out (talc-free), I've been using it for over a week. Also note, I have not worn anything on my face make-up-wise other than this powder (no foundation/bb cream), so I am not sure how the greasiness factor would hold up over something under it.

Edit: Coming back to add that I'm STILL using this powder almost every day - mostly at work or if I'm going out - and NO BREAKOUTS (I have super sensitive skin/cystic acne prone). I've been using it now since May - going onto my 4th month solid of using this with no issues. This is, by far, the best powder I've found that controls my shiny face while using a topical acne treatment (I use BP). Since it also is so fine - it does a great job of blurring my imperfections just enough that I don't wear foundation. I never wear foundation because it bothers my skin that much - but this stuff just is my go-to makeup product of all time. Shine free, finally.

on 5/24/2016 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

OhMGee!! I got the yellow powder today on the mail, I'm a fair skinned african american with red undertones, and this worked exactly like it said! I'm so pleased... Oily T-zone, i've worn it for a few hours now and my makeup still looks freah and matte.. I used the puff that came in the box, a little messy but I can deal.. No biggie, not to mention its totally affordable. This is my first setting powder, but I wil definitely repurchase! Love, love, love!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have crazy oily skin and I use this with the Goss method (primer then powder then foundation) and it really keeps my oil under control! It does leave a white cast if you're not careful but my foundation is a smidgen too dark so I am not too fussed about it.

The packaging is awful so I listened to the other reviewers and only punctured a few holes through the sticker rather than remove the entire sticker.

on 5/15/2016 11:52:00 PM

First, this is really affordable. Also amazing at setting. It controls my oily skin. It makes my face flawless by itself or over foundation. Two problems is that it has terrible flashback on flash photos & the bulky packaging. Would I repurchase? Most likely no.

on 5/2/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this powder for about 5 years now. I'm very happy with it. Leaves a nice matte finish without emphasizing dry spots or fine lines.

on 3/30/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am once again amazed at E.L.F. To make such a fantastic finishing powder and sell for such a low cost continues to win my loyalty. Make no mistake about it, this powder is NOT as silky as some higher end ones, but for the price, there is nothing else out there comparable to it in my opinion. There are a lot of reviews about how bulky the packaging is. I kind of like it. I don't travel with it, I leave it on my counter and it looks nice. I also don't have any issue with messy caps or the like, rather I pour a tiny amount into a small container I keep especially for this purpose. I do this with all my loose powders as I find it much easier to dip my brush in and tap off the excess without worrying about cleaning the inside of the cap or rings, etc.

Do not be scared by the stark white look of this product. Use the tiniest amount, seriously, less is more! This powder will indeed blur your pores and help control shine (the oily girl in me loves this quality). If you do want to travel with this or keep with you for touch ups I highly recommend buying one of those small refillable travel bottle kits and pour some in the tiny screw on lid container. This is what I use to dip my brush in at home. The kit is great to pour rose water or other setting sprays into the small spray bottles by the way, which is always handy if you feel you've applied too much powder as well.

The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is it loses points for the feel when I compare this to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores which feels so silky and velvety on the skin. But truth be told, this does a better job of shine control and blurring or minimizing appearance of pores than anything else I've used to date. So I will probably repurchase if/when it runs out but that could take some time as there is a ton of product and you use so little.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS GREAT POWDER,AND CHEAP,IT HAS ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS VERY SAFE.ITS A FINE POWDER WITH A FLAWLESS FINISH,BUT IT CAN OXIDISE YOUR FOUNDATION.ITS REALLY A GOOD POWDER.I HAVE THE YELLOW TOO,THAT IT GOOD TO ADD A YELLOW BASED TONED TO FOUNDATION.

on 4/17/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works well for me considering I have very oily skin. It lasts for a while on my face and does a nice job in giving me that matte finish. All in all I think I'll continue to purchase this product.