St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

I have been using self tanners for over 10 years ive pretty much tried every single tanner on the market and this one is horrible! Ive been using tomas self tanner for 4 years now and I loveee it but I recently ran out of tomas and was shopping at ulta and figured hmm why dont i try something different and give st moriz a try. Ok i will say honestly this tanner has no bad odor at first, it actually smells like dove soap going on but not for long. Instantly when you apply wherever you first laid the foam on your skin that area will stain and be much darker and not blend in no matter how hard you try. It is awful! It doesnt even blend in if you put lotion over it as well. Def not easy to work with. That being said it makes your skin look blotchy. Not only does your skin look blotchy but it dries it out terribly! My skin has never been so dry after applying this tanner. If you have white stretch marks on your body forget it about it!! This tanner brought out my stretch marks like i have never seen before! The color is way too dark/orange fake looking and when you wake up be prepared for that wonderful deceiving dove soap odor to turn into that awful orginal banana boat sunless tanner you used in 2002. I will never purchase it again i cant wait to shower this off and continue using my Tomas self tanner

on 4/8/2014 2:52:00 PM

Before I get started I had been using these products for a month it was not just one use. I also used really tight fitting gloves for application which is my preferred method I had no problems with streaks at all.

I had bought the self tanner in dark and in the original shade (medium) and I was super stoked at how cheap they were so of course I had to try it when people told me it was better than st tropez (which I still haven't even bothered to try). At first I was really excited when I saw the color in the morning but through out the day I realized while I was indoors the color was on the more orange side. It wasn't all orange but had a weird orange tint to it that wasn't like a natural tan. the color looked amazing outside in natural light though.. Also this will smell like DHA in the morning. Pretty strongly. I personally don't mind because I shower it all off in the morning anyway it's a small small sacrifice guys.

The product barely lasted 3 days and when it started to come off it was scaly looking (I exfoliate before, after, and during my tan to make sure it fades evenly and I also moisturize twice a day) this tan doesn't fade all that well. The better of the two would have to be the medium one it lasts maybe just a day longer and the color isn't as offensive indoors but the color isn't as deep as I want :(

The packaging was terrible! it leaks through the pump pretty badly I had to constantly wipe it down and my counters after application. You have to shake this product really well! even in between pumps. Also, this product will really stick to elbows, knees, etc (i used lotion on these areas before application and right after application I buffed the areas with a towel and it helped)

so overall: for the price the product is not bad at all (i payed $4 on amazon for each) and the product is even better than most. The color wasn't horrific but i'm really searching for something that will look and act like a real tan even for just three days (hopefully more). I'm going to keep looking. I'm not going to repurchase simply because I have two full bottles that are going to be sitting.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, first of all I think this is a winner. I have it in dark. To me, and I have used many tanners, this product is free of that peanut smell common to tanning products. Thank goodness. I consider this a MSBB ( my skin but better) tanner. It is not dramatic unless you wear it with the color guide on. Yes the color guide and the darkness go down the drain when you wash it off but you are left with a subtle (which I prefer at my age) warmth to your skin. I don't want to risk looking orange under fluorescent lights etc any more. I don't want to "look self tanned". What I find this is most useful for is my face, my neck and the part under your arms that get ghostly white in the winter. The darker parts of my body (which are permanently darkened from sun exposure over the years) are just warmed up by this tanner not dramatically changed. I have had no pimples pop out on my face with this because it is not oily. I use it with a mitt and I have had no streaks. I have a made a couple of boo boo's with my feet but I just used a scrub and they came right off. Overall, I recommend this. It is not dramatic, it has no smell, and it does not break me out. You do have to order it on Amazon from Overseas but it is still so cheap. With shipping I paid less that 10 US dollars.

I'm so disappointed. I had really high hopes for this self-tanner. I bought it in medium. It just looks like I smeared tea all over my legs... It's hard to describe, as the colour is so weird! It just does not look like a tan. I was really hoping for great results.

on 4/5/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely flawless product! I'm a tanning guru, I've tried everything from le tan to st tropez and I can say that this is definitely my new favourite! I previously used bondi sands (which is also great) but st moriz has a one up over it.
The colour is fantastic, I use dark because I like my tan to be reasonably noticeable. It dries so quick which is helpful if you're like me and put it on before going to bed! The smell was barely noticeable, some fake tans have a shocking stench like 'le tan' does, but this one was really subtle and pleasant I found. I have sensitive skin and didn't have any problems with reactions from the product. It's semi sticky on your skin while it dries but after 10-15 minutes, tops, it's gone. I haven't had any problems with it being streaky or had issues with applying it before it dries, maybe this is just because I tan so often. The product didn't mark my sheets or clothing.
I've seen a few reviews saying that this tan comes off in the rain, but that definitely does not happen if you wash the product off before you go out (after 4-6 hours), like you're supposed to with nearly every mousse tan!
All up I'd highly recommend this tan even to beginners. I think it's a fantastic product for such a low price and everyone should appreciate it. :)

This product is exceptional value for money. The mousse and the spray used with the self tanning mit are fantastic and give a smooth line free result. I have a spray tanning machine and I have tried practically every fake tan out there but this one is definitely my favourite. If used correctly with the tanning MIT. You will achieve amazing results. The key is application.

This fake tanner is hit and miss for me, sometimes ill have a lovely tan and other times I don't know what went wrong because I do the same application every time but seem to look horrid :/ despite this I will keep repurchasing because the price is fantastic! I have endless lotions as self tanning wipes that leave me orange and streaky I give up with them but even when I do make a bodge job with the st moriz a quick shower and a good scrub and it seems to even out and fade the mistakes, I've seen people complain about the pump leaking but as of yet I haven't had any problems with that, oh and I don't find the smell offensive either its very mild I kind of like it but then my moisturiser may mask it a little.

on 2/10/2014 4:17:00 PM

I'be never written a review but I am the biggest beauty guru.St.Moriz looks better than the actual tanning bed and way better for your skin.I had a deep brown color not orange or green.Hands down the best self tanned I've ever used.The price was only $6 INCLUDING SHIPPING!.I used latex gloves and kept rubbing in the mouse in circles making sure it was applied evenly.I've never looked better.I will continue to buy this!

on 1/16/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to give this self tanner a go. I'm relatively pale so I opted for the medium version. I started by showering and exfoliating, and moisturising my dry bits of skin (elbows, knees, hands, etc.) then applied the foam from bottom up with a mitt. It was SO easy to apply! The only other fake tan products I've tried have been lotions (dove and garnier) and spray (fake bake 60 min tan) and this was by far the easiest to apply, it literally glided on. I was a bit sceptical whilst putting it on cos it was really dark with sort of orangey tones, but I took the risk and left it anyway and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and there are no stains on the cream bedding so that's a plus. However, I looked in the mirror and my heart raced, I was ridiculously orange, particularly on my hands, elbows, knees and face, despite having moisturised these areas! I rushed to the bathroom and quickly ran myself a bath and starting washing my face, which started to improve ever so slightly. After being in the bath for a while, I got out and discovered the colour was a bit more natural, still quite orange on my hands but not too bad. My face on the other hand, was really quite blotchy, so I put foundation on to even it out and it looks alright. There were parts of my skin that I managed to miss somehow even though the guide colour is really dark, but that's just from my carelessness in trying to apply it quickly. Anyway, in my opinion, this product is seriously good for the price (I got it in boots for £4.99) even if it's not perfect, it's so easy to use and I'll keep using it and hopefully be less careless next time I apply it so I don't have random white patches!

UPDATE: I've had a change of heart, I actually am really liking this product, it's not orangey, that was just the lighting in my room that made me think that! As soon as I looked in a different mirror elsewhere, it just looked naturally tanned :)

on 12/14/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Words can't describe how much I love this product! It dries on the skin very quickly, doesn't stain your clothes and sheets, doesn't have this usual horrible self tanner smell and the most important- doesn't even have a slightest hint of orange, the undertone is olive green, which gives you this really natural golden tan. And you can't beat the price(4€ in Ireland). After reading the reviews I bought the tanner in Dark, I have medium olive skin and the tanner looks very natural on it and not too dark, so I wouldn't recommend to go lighter.