Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disappointing. I bought this instead of Naked because I know I prefer mattes and satins rather than glitter. However, this palette , the finish of the 6 eyeshadows are of glimmery (Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica, Nude Beach, Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)that does not blend into my eye and lays on the top and looks like cheap makeup. These 6 eyeshadows are of non-satisfactory texture to me. The rest of the 3 matte eyeshadows (Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso)are good. I should say, above average in its smoothness and blendability. But I did not love it as much as Stila's eyeshadow. So the 3 remain to be okay-ish eyeshadows that I would use, but not oh-i-would-definitely-buy-again. For, colours, the top row (Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso)and the last row (Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)are more brown in colour and suits me. The middle row (Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica) has red undertones in it that makes my eyes shallow. Of the 3 bases as all over lid colours (Heaven, Silk Teddy, Nude Beach), only the matte white one in the top row (Heaven) is usable for me, the lower 2 shimmery bases (Silk Teddy, Nude Beach) contain pink and shimmers that I do not like. Such a waste! I am finding ways to use these 2 bases.

In all, out of 9 eyeshadows only 3 are truly acceptable in both terms of texture and colour. This is very disappointing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'd seen this pallette a few times but didn't want to spend 26 on it...I got it eventually with my Boots points and I'm really pleased t did! This has 9 shades with 3 cards showing how to do different eye looks, the shadows are highly pigmented and buttery soft which makes blending a dream. Love all the shades, can see me using this every day! Also got a sample of Shadow Insurance with it and that's fab too! The shadow lasts all day long with no creasing, still looks freshly applied at the end of the day! Update: as these shadows are quite soft, I found that my brushes were flicking powder everywhere even when I used them wet. I bought some Models Own sponge tip applicators and imo these are the best type of eye applicators to use with these shadows. Easier to blend with them too!

on 5/14/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Universally flattering....beware of fall-out

This is a really nice palette. You can create muted looks to over-the-top glam looks all from this one palette. I find my self using Sexpresso for everything from crease color, to defining my brows and eyeliner. I wish I could purchase it alone, I do love all of the other colors too.

Silk Teddy is a surprisingly versatile color....I've found myself reaching for this one more than when I first got the palette. It can be worn alone with liner and mascara or mixed with Erotica on the outer edge for drama.

Honey Pot and Nude Beach does come with a ton of fallout, so be sure to apply before your foundation or use a powder to protect your face. Other than that, I have no complaints. I just wish it was more readily available!

I love this palette. The shadows are all beautiful, and the textures are to die for! Super easy to blend. Some of my favorites are Silk Teddy, Honey Pot, and Velvet Revolver!

on 5/22/2012 6:36:00 PM

The only reason i am giving this 4 and not 5 lippies is because of the packaging. It is too bulky to fit in my cosmetic bag and could have been made much smaller and in a non cardboard container for durability.

Other than the packaging issue the product is wonderful and I have purchased all of the Too Faced Eye Palettes and this is one of my favorites.

Shadow goes on smoothly, doesn't crease, and wears well. Color payoff is great and these shades work well with any eye color and skin tone. Shimmer is there but not too much for the over 40 peeps!

This is an absolut must have in your makeup collection!!!! I have and continue to use the product daily!!!!! I have been able to find various looks from natural to dramatic. I am absolutly astonished by the quality and quantity for the price. I would purchase this product again; and, plan to once this one runs out of product. The pigmintation is incredible! It applys like the highest of quality makeup brands...no creases and stay on all day (with a primer). If you are considering this product...DO IT! It is amazing if you are just begining because you have every natural color you would ever need! And, if you have a larger makeup collection...get it! The packaging just completes how amazing the product is. It comes with cards that give you ideas for looks (I didn't find them useful...but a good jesture). You are supplied with a makeup sponge and eyeliner brush...which agian I could do with out, but nice that the give you more for your money. This product is amazing for traverlers as all you need to grab when packing your bag. Also, I find it useful when ever I go to a friends house as all I grab is a tinted moisterizer and this pallet! Overall get this product!!!! You won't ever regret it!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this palette!! All the shadows give you multiple eyeshadow options, and it looks great on my NW20 skintone and my green-blue eyes :)

I would definitely recommend watching some of the tutorials on youtube for this product as the eyeshadow cards that come with it are useless.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am in LOVE with this product! and that is a rarity from me. I have MANY high end eyeshadows, ranging from the $75 a palette CLE DE PEAU eyeshadows (which are my most favorite), MAC eyeshadows, DIOR eyeshadows, and I have to say this is probably my second favorite after my Cle De Peaus.

The texture is quite creamy, which was a really big surprise from me. I expected them to be chalky and hard and it wasnt the case. They are very highly pigmented too, and blend sooo easily.

I also had the naked one and I was hoping it would work out for me because I am cool toned fair asian girl. However it didn't really show up on me that well which was a dissappointment. With these ones with one swipe it looks good.

The look is natural, just a better, more glamorous you.

I feel like a beauty pageant when I wear these and they compliment my eyes really nicely! I've always envied models..movie stars because their eye makeup is always so flawless! but now I can replicate the look myself. Get this if you want to look like a star!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I held out on this palette for a while figuring I had many similar shades to this one. I bought this on impulse and I'm pretty happy with it. I rate this palette a 4. I took one lippie off due to some shades being a bit too glittery for my taste. But, this is an outstanding value and worth checking out. For $36 you get 9 shades and a sample of their Shadow Insurance Primer. This kit also comes with handy cards that show you how to do certain looks.

This palette is separated in three sections called: Day, Classic and Fashion.

The Day shades are: Heaven (matte bone) Velvet Revolver (matte light beige) Sexpresso (matte cool toned dark brown). In order from fave to least fave, I find Sexpresso to be the most pigmented and best shade in the section. Sexpresso is very smooth and blends out perfectly in the v and crease area. Next, I like Heaven which is a nice wearable highlight shade. Last is Velvet Revolver. I particularly don't like this color only because it doesn't really show up on my NC40 skin. The color is a bit drab on me.

The Classic shades are: Silk Teddy (shimmery pink nude with a pearl finish) Push-Up (shimmery brown plum) Erotica (dark brown with shimmery gold flecks). In order from fave to least fave, I find Push-Up to be absoultely beautiful. I love using this shade for a crease or lid color. Really pigmented and blends easy. Next, I like Erotica followed by Silk Teddy. I do like Silk Teddy however it can look too frosty against my skintone if I use too much. Silk Teddy reminds me of MAC Naked Lunch on Steroids.

The Fashion shades are: Nude Beach (pink nude with large glitter) Honey Pot (very warm toned honey gold brown with gold shimmer ) Cocoa Puff (very warm toned dark brown with gold glitter). In order from fave to least fave, I like Honey Pot the best followed by Cocoa Puff then Nude Beach. Out of all the shades listed in this review, I like Nude Beach the least. Nude Beach is rough in texture due to the very large chunks of glitter. Fallout is a major problem. Also, I find Nude Beach has poor pigmentation against my skintone. If I try to layer it, I just get more glitter and no color.

Shadow Insurance: The sample that came with this palette was rather thick and very creamy. The primer applied nicely to the eye area with ease. I found that it made the shadows adhere to the eye area well and provided longevity. However, as for providing vibrant shade enhancement, I found it to be somewhat lacking in this department. I get better vibrancy with LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this product. Silk Teddy is my go to color for EVERYTHING. This color is just so pretty and I have gotten more compliments on my eye makeup when I wear this eye shadow than any other, EVER. In fact so many of my friends loved it on me and would come over and try it that they have gone out to buy it. Out of all the Too Faced palettes, this for sure is my favorite. And I also have the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (which I love) and this is a great compliment.