Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

My HG powder. Everytime I use this loose powder my foundation looks flawless. The powder is fine yellow talc (no banana powder, though). I didn't experienced any problems with pictures. No ghost face. I wanted to try the silica version (translucent powder by Laura Mercier) but I experienced that silica powders oxidize my foundations (tried the NYX HD powder). You get alot and it will last a year if used sparingly. I purchased the Secret Brightener by LM because the translucent powder is a no-go for the undereye area. Mine tend to look wrinkly and dry with this powder. But that's not what the powder was intended to be. Pros: - gives a flawless finish - no ghost face on photographs - 29g of powder lasts a long time - normal to dry skin types won't have problems - finish is neither too dry nor to glowy Cons: - price (you know this was coming) - my shine comes through after 4-5 hours in winter (!) - package is not practical for traveling Overall, I will buy this product again because it gives my combination skin a flawless blurred matte finish. The hype is real.

Truly the best product for setting under the eyes. I've tried numerous translucent powders from Chanel, NYC, & recently the RCMA no colour powder (a very good dupe for the LM translucent powder if your on a budget) I purchased the mini size of this from Sephora since so many translucent powders where a major letdown, they where just missing that special something. I like to set my whole face, apart from my undereyes- with pressed powder. Lastly, I use my Sigma tapered highlighter brush to 'bake' under my eyes. The LM powder goes on so soft, yet somehow provides a little bit of extra coverage. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, & dust it off- every time, my undereyes look perfect. Not dry, cakey or any settling into fine lines (I'm 19, but a lot of powders emphasize lines that aren't visible unless product is placed over them) I also don't get any creasing, no matter which concealer I use beforehand. I recently ran out of this, and couldn't be without it & I'm patiently waiting in for it to arrive from Sephora. If you aren't sure, give the travel size a try- it lasted 9 months with pretty much daily use. Love this ♡

on 3/1/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I truly dont get the hype for this product. I bought it, cause so many people were raving about it.
I've used this product in the past to bake underneath my eyes and sometimes use it as a light dusting over the rest of my face. I have rather dry skin, so this powder (if i have a bad skinday) makes my skin look dry, caked and cracked. But also using it for its original purpose (baking underneath the eyes), wasnt a great succes. I have hereditary dark circles, so i tend to use a lot of undereye concealer. My number one frustration in that regard is creasing, so i've tried this plenty of times to prevent that.
I have to say it does keep the creasing slightly more at bay (therefor 2 lippies instead of one). Creasing however does still happen, i just have to touch up less frequently. However after a couple of hours there is this visible line of cakeage on my cheekbones, which stands out majorly from the rest of my face.
I suppose, this powder would be rather nice for people with oily skin, but i just cant imagine it working for any other skintype.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've tried, and it will be the last! It does a great job setting my t-zone, without changing the colour or finish of my foundation. Love!

on 3/3/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I finally hopped on the Laura Mercier Translucent powder train and I have to say that the hype about it is true to word.
I purchased the little sample size one from sephora and I went through that one so fast. It really is translucent and it actually leaves a slight white cast if you use too much which I don't mind because I'm pale anyway.
It's a smooth, creamy and velvety powder that just sets makeup beautifully and makes it last all day. My only issue that if I use too much, my face will look cakey and dry since lately I've been suffering from ultra dry skin now.
The price is another thing I have an issue with, it's $47 CDN and I just don't feel like spending that amount of money every single time I run out of this as I am a university student. I'll hunt for dupes and everything but I do recommend this if you fee like splurging on a beautiful powder that works wonders for makeup!

I've repurchased this countless of times but I gotta say, it's pretty expensive. The full sized is borderline 50$CAD and I can't believe I justify repurchasing so often. I can say, however, this is my favourite powder just because it never makes me look TOO powdery. Then again, I have acne-prone combo skin and sometimes when my skin is flaky in some areas this can emphasize all those patches. The packaging on the full sized is huge though and kind of hard to travel with. The plastic part on the top that attaches to the lid when you open and close broke on mine and it kinda broke to the point I couldn't really screw the lid on completely. It's fragile. These days I've been just buying the deluxe travel size just because I find the packaging so much easier to deal with. I might just buy the full-sized and just pour the powder into that travel size container in the future just to make my life easier... that being said, this is the only powder I use to set my makeup and I haven't found anything I like better yet.

on 2/6/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh, I wanted to love this! So many people have raved about this so I decided to cave and buy this. It's just okay. Nothing special... I have very oily/acne-prone skin. I didn't notice a different in it prolonging the wear of my foundation and I got a few whiteheads on my chin after wearing it once. I'll stick to my $4 NYC Loose Powder that works better and 1/10 of the price. I say save your money and pass!

on 2/27/2017 7:34:00 PM

Amazing powder to set foundation with. It literally keeps me matte all day.
The only thing i could fault about it is the packaging. It would be better if there was a shield thing to stop the powder from going everywhere as soon as you open the lid.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had my doubts about this powder. EVERYONE loves it. I figured it must have some flaw. But I wanted to try it myself so I bit the bullet and bought the full size (It's a better price than buying the sample) LOVE at first swoosh of powder on my face. I have a very oily T-zone and this powder seriously keeps my makeup in place all day. And gives me great hope I'll be able to use some foundations again that used to get to slick on me after a few hours. I currently am using this powder on top of Mac fluid studio fix foundation and it's so flawless and beautiful. So happy I bought this!

on 2/26/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I noticed that after 5 hour, my makeup would melt off and my pores were noticeably larger, even with primer. I started using this and that all changed. My makeup can stay in place and look fresh even after 12 hours of having it on. I also really like to dust it across my eyelids as a base after I prime them. I noticed it helps my crease stay in place. It's definitely worth the money.