Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/11/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this product for almost 10 years and I have never found a chapstick that even comes close! I always makes my lips feel super smooth, and relieved them when they are chapped in the winter! It even leaves a glossy shine so it looks like I'm wearing a gloss (without being sticky). Sometimes if I have an extra dry patch of skin on my face this stick is great for that too!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I heard good things about this product, so I thought I'd give it a try. I got the one with SPF 30. I didn't buy it to use as a lip balm as much as to use to put on the dry patches I get on my hands, around my nose, and around my mouth in the winter. I apply it to those places by putting it on my finger first. But because of how hard it is, I feel like I'm not really getting much. It's nice as a lip balm though. It doesn't add a lot of shine, so both men and women can use it. And because of this, it would be nice to use under a lip stick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked this up a few months ago after reading all of the amazing reviews here and I'm so glad I did. I used to be really prone to dry lips and cracking (especially around the corner of my mouth) because I wear so much lipstick/lipgloss/stain. Since I started using this product, I have not had one problem with my lips at all! I only apply it once in the morning and once before I go to bed at night and the moisture lasts all day. When I wear it underneath lipstick, I can feel it protecting my lips from dryness. Because we're heading into the colder months now, I may have to apply it once more mid-day, but I'm confident it will keep my lips soft and nourished. I recommend this to people ALL of the time and I will never purchase another lip balm again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works really well and its really cheap .

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really love this lip balm and I've tried a TON of them! It works wonders on my regularly chapped dry lips. The moisture lasts a long time and I don't get that nasty waxy feel from this. Also, this doesn't leave white balls of residue behind. This balm can be used as a cuticle balm and great for elbows too. The scent is fantastic as well! Plus, this tube is mega huge and looks like a glue stick lol

on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely fell in love with the scent of this product. It smells like chocolate HEAVEN. I saw a rave about this product on Youtube, ran to Walmart, and picked it up. It was only 2 dollars or so and came with so much product - about the size of a jumbo glue stick! It seemed like a steal to me.
Being so quick to buy it, I hadn't read the ingredients. I am very picky when it comes to lip balms/ skin care/ hair care, and I was very disappointed to see the second ingredient was MINERAL OIL.
Mineral oil pretty much blocks out any moisture from getting in or out and leaves your lips or skin feeling even drier.
I will not repurchase.
Hope this was helpful xx!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This smells and tastes absolutely lovely, It reminds me of chocolate.
The best thing about it though is that it actually works! Though not amazing, most lip balms I buy work for a few weeks and then just leave my lips back to the chapped state they were, so this one is the one I reach for most often. It is quite thick and waxy in texture and does to some extent, moisturise your lips but it doesnt last long at all, which is a let down.
I paid 1.50-ish for a tube which is quite good I suppose as it lasts quite long but the reason 1 lippie is taken off is because of the packaging, its dreadfu! I mean, what lip balm has the twist-up thing at the top instead of the bottom? This one. And then when I used it for the second time, some of the lip balm broke off when I was putting the lid back on! So half of the lip balm is stuck in the top of the lid:(
Overall, I probably would purchase again, though im still on the look out for a HG lip balm.

I'm not posting this to bash on the product at all, but more as a warning to those who might be likely to have allergic reactions. I had a *terrible* reaction to this lip balm. I literally had blistered sores on my lips for days after I started using it. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm guessing it might have been the fragrance.

The balm itself was ok enough, but if you are at all prone to allergic reactions, you might be better off avoiding this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the best lipbalm, hands down. It stays on forever! I can apply it before bed and when I wake up I can still feel it on my lips slightly in the morning! It smells divine and you get a lot of product for the money, which is around just $2 anyway! I will repurchase again and again! HG definitely! Pick one up!

I don't care for this as a lip treatment but I use it to spot treat dry patches. I really like applying this to my elbows and heels. My elbows are pretty much like sandpaper, I've tried various body lotions and moisturizers and none have made a difference. Within one application of this my elbows felt much smoother. The tube makes it easy to spot treat on the go. I imagine this would be a bit awkward to place on your lips as the stick is so large, it's about the size of a gluestick.

This works great, smells great and is super cheap. I'll definitely repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments