MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

on 3/29/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Holy grail!!! If you're reading this, then you're on the right track. GET IT!! Its:
Creamy- easy to blend! Easy to apply! (Just get it a shade darker if u want to conceal blemishes).
It stays on (and if u need to retouch, the packaging is small enough to fit in ur purse).
Its opaque!!! Omg I ALWAYS come back to this and I've tried alot. I'm on my third one. And the last 2 points were the reasons I first became interested in this product:
It's got spf 35 in it- therefore protecting all your marks/acne scarring from the damages of the sun AND:
It's got vitamin E in it. So its got healing properties also cause of its creaminess (scars need moisture to heal so y not have ur concealer to contribute to the process??!). I always trying something new, and for me to always have this/come back to it..... Says ENOUGH!!! <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was advised to try this product since this concealer is supposed to have the best coverage for under eye circles. Basically when applied lightly my circles are still completely there (even after finding the best shade)and when applied with enough coverage to actually conceal them then it's dry and cakey and every little line is exaggerated and emphasized even after blending it out with the mac brush. I ended going with the Mac pro longwear it does have a lighter coverage but it's completely buildable which equals more coverage and easily applied even without a brush. I would highly recommend that over this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this ONE concealer for a few months now. I used to have a love-hate relationship with it because I just couldn't get the application down because when I applied it just with my fingers it looked a flaky and uneven. But I've finally figured it out!

What I do: soak my beauty blender from ulta (not the original beauty blender- i think it's a fake remake) for a few seconds, squeeze out excess, dip the point side of it into the concealer and then just simply apply it under my eyes. I pat it in I do not rub because I think this reduces streaking,

This way it doesn't creep into my fine lines or anything like that. My undereye circles aren't HORRIBLE but they certainly stand out and I think this concealer REALLY brightens them.

I think there's different ways to apply this concealer and each person will probably figure out their own method that's best for them. I went through like 40% of this concealer until I really got the application down which kind of sucks but I think in the end it was worth it. Definitely will be repurchasing.

South Asian Girl With NC42 Skin in case anyone was wondering :)

on 2/4/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

went to a MAC store today looking for a concealer that would hide my dark spots and a bit of redness around the corners of my nose and also that would last for at least 8hrs. So the saleslady put tried the NC42 on me and it works pretty well with my NC 40 Studio FX foundation. I think you just have to blend it well to get the right effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So, I went to MAC and asked a lady to see if she could match me with a shade. She was so patient and in the end I felt bad that all I could afford was this concealer. She did a fantastic job! Covered my acne blemishes 90%. She used a Smashbox primer, but when I went home I did not have the same tools. I tried to use a brush, but this stuff works better with your fingers. So I noticed that patting it in my skin is my best bet, I love the stuff, it makes my marks look lightened.

The only thing is that to get the full effect of this product you must use a primer to smooth the problem areas down. At the moment I like it, because of the price.. it's affordable for a broke college student like me :)

on 12/8/2011 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

For reference, I am NC40/NC42 and I use the studio finish concealer in NW35. I love this concealer. It covers my hyperpigmentation and lasts all day. I love that it has SPF 35 in it. It's one of my top concealersand I have a lot of them. I wish I'd tried this a long time ago.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great concealer! A godsend! Texture is thick enough where it covers a lot without needing a lot of product. It performs supremely well on blemishes and also is suited for use on the undereye area since you only need the tiniest bit. It does not crease and stays on forever!! Also I like that it has a SPF and the colors are also very good. I have yellow toned skin and the NC colors are just perfect!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This concealer is a good example of why I love MAC--they have a broad selection of shades for different skin tones. After trying many different department store brands that often had one shade for tan and one for dark skin tones, this was a great find for my self-conscious high school self. Now, ten years and hundreds of blemishes later, I still am loyal to this concealer. It offers full coverage for blemishes and includes sunscreen, which helps prevent hyperpigmented spots from getting darker in the sun. The one caveat, that many reviewers expressed, I wouldn't use this for undereye coverage. If you are searching for the perfect concealer, it is definitely worth trying this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have normal skin besides a lil shine in my tzone. This concealer was just too dry for me. Around my eyes it was flakey and felt dry. I had to return it. I tried it with primer, without primer, with moisturizer... I just couldn't get it to work. Liquid concealer is better for me I've learned. This was just too thick and the finish was too powdery. I also tried covering a small brown birthmark I have( I always test concealer over it just to see how good the coverage is) and it did not cover it. MAC claims that it will cover them but it def didn't conceal mine.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is really good in covering redness around the nose and lips. It stays put. I will sometimes use it under my eyes but I totally have the wrong color for them. I'll have to use NW for the eye area and NC for redness elsewhere.