Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

on 6/7/2011 1:05:00 PM

I'll admit that I was one of those hesitant to buy this product. I wasn't exactly sure since I don't tend to use products that may be made in China, but after talking to some friends who have used it and comparing this palette to a BH one, I decided to just jump and get it. Plus it was 30% off AND I got the combo with the original 88 palette so it was even cheaper. In the end, I got the 88 original palette, the 88 shimmer and the True Black gel liner for just over $40 incl shipping.

The shadows are shiny, Very very shiny. I wouldn't use it for everyday looks but I do mix and match my matte colors with the shimmers for a little tone down look. They are highly pigmented, which I found out the hard way after loading my shadow brush with a lot of the royal blue and seeing that the color was just popping out of my eye when applying it. I have a problem with creasing because of oily skin but these stay on well with a primer though I do find that even if the colors blend, they still look really pretty.

One last thing I have to say is that when I did open the box, the palettes were wrapped in what seemed like a few layers of bubble wrap to keep them from getting damaged in the post.

If I ever run out (and that's a big IF) I would definitely buy from here again!!

on 5/26/2011 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this palette!
So many amazing colors and so many combination options. Great for travel.
I've orderd it about 6 months ago and it looks brand new. Even though I use it almost every day (I have the original 88 palette as well), you can barely see any change in the amount of product.

on 5/10/2011 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE this palette! Even with shipping to Canada the price was very reasonable. There are so many colors to choose from and so many different combinations. Quality is great, the colors last all day (I use over a primer) and have the perfect amount of shimmer, not over done.

I have no complaints about this palette! If your on the fence about it, just buy it. You won't regret it!

Great products as this is an amazing value. A little over $20 for 88 eyeshadows.
However they are hit and misses as some of the colors re not as pigmented as others (most are good).
Need primer underneath, or else they crease (not a problem for me as I use a primer all the time).
Packaging 2/5 as one of the hinges on mine already broke after a week's usage. Also sometimes the glue will come undone on one of the pan of the eyeshadows, so when I open my palette another time one eyeshadow will be falling out. I just place it back in so its not a problem, but still annoying.

I bought this originally to play around with as it has almost any color you want, but now I use it with UDPP for nights out! I have the matte palette and I have to say this one is better in terms of application and pigmentation.

on 2/23/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As an Urban Decay junkie, I was hesitant to purchase this palette at first. I was used to 'high end' shadows, but after reading many raving reviews on the palette, I decided to take the plunge. I bought it on Amazon for $16, and that was with shipping. The shadows are gorgeous. They're shimmery, creamy and opaque. They're not too powdery, as some more inexpensive shadows tend to be. There are a ton of colors, so you can create many, many different looks. They work well together, but they also work well combined with shadows from other brands. Overall, this was probably the best $16 I've spent on eyeshadow in a long time. I would definitely purchase again - that is if I ever run out!

I think I will buy this product again, but I am not sure as I have had mine for about a year and have only hit pan on two colours. These colours are my go-to colours that I use day-to-day.
Absolutely amazing product.
I researched A LOT on this before I bought it, and couldn't find a bad word about it anywhere!
Love the colours, yes they are shimmery, but you can still have a natural look with them which I love.
I use it daily, and it comes with me whenever I travel too.
There are a few colours that don't go on as well as others, and some colours I don't think I will ever use, but mostly, they are well pigmented, and go on great.
The packaging is a little cheap. When I first got mine, two of the pans kept coming out, so I had to glue them in again. The two sponge applicators are pointless, and I have never used them. The mirror is handy, but never stays clean due to it sitting on top of the eyeshadows all the time.
I like that it's small (considering it has 88 different shadows in it).

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price, is definitely cheap. I love how pigmented these are, and the colors are very vibrant. The staying power sucks when worn alone, but I use my UDPP with this and it stays on all day just like any eye shadow when worn with this base. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either, and the color combination are endless. Love it!

on 12/27/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I just can't good a good colour pay off : (

I do like the many different colours it's great for the days when you feel fancy and don't want to buy all these other colours. The case is okay but mine fell and the lid broke off and the mirror popped out. Not going to complain much because of pricing but I would have liked to be able to get more than drop out of it before it broke.

Over all I'm sad to say I will not buy this again.

on 12/27/2010 2:35:00 AM

Love the colors and versatility of the palette. Shadows blend very well even with other brands. I was super impressed with the fast delivery and packing around the palette. My only complaint is that the compact is not the best quality but it is overall a great value.

My Best friend bought this palette for me last year for my birthday! And i absolutely fell in LOVE!!!!!!!!! Now i am so addicted to coastal scents!!! lol... Ladies ...Stop hesitating on whether you should buy it or not and JUST BUY IT! lol Trust me you wont regret it!!!