Acne.org AHA+

4.3

on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday night moisturizer. I was very wary of trying an AHA at first, but I really wanted to take the plunge and switch to a chemical exfoliant because my physical exfoliant was wrecking my super sensitive skin. Since my skin is so reactive, I try to use as few products as possible in my routine. I am very happy that I can get both my PM moisturizer and my AHA in one product with this.

Before I started using this lotion, I had lots of flesh-colored bumps/clogged pores on my forehead. After about 3 weeks of using this product, I noticed that my skin had an improved clarity and texture in all areas *except* for my forehead but I also noticed that I had an increase in whiteheads and I believed this lotion might be the culprit.

I wasn't totally ready to give up on this product since it was a good exfoliant for me but I still needed to fix the clogged pores on my forehead and resolve the whitehead problem. Given my skin's history, I was nervous to combine this with a BHA, but I was feeling bold and I knew BHA's were better for clogs than AHA's. As it turns out, I tolerated the combination of the two exceptionally well. When I use this *in conjunction* with a BHA on a nightly basis, I rarely ever get whiteheads, my skin is well-exfoliated, and the clogged pores on my forehead are a thing of the past. For some reason, this product didn't really agree with me *until* I started using it with a BHA every time.

Also, on a side note: I found that this lotion does a fantastic job of brightening up my tattoo during the winter when dry skin makes it look a bit cloudy. (Although AHA increases sun sensitivity, and sun exposure is especially bad for tattoos. I do *not* expose my tattoo to the sun at all if it has been recently treated with AHA -- I just like to keep it looking bright for my own enjoyment at home!)

on 12/17/2012 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product so badly after reading the positive reviews on acne.org and here. But this only caused me to break out in large, red, painful zits. Now, I'm not a stranger to this product, I've used it before when I was first on the regimen but it broke me out then as well. I decided to give it another go after going on the regimen again and I waited a month before using this. My skin was clearing up quite nicely -- the breakouts on my cheeks subsided, the chin acne was calming down and the forehead acne was disappearing. But because the hyper pigmentation was bothering me, I decided to try aha. Bad mistake because it took less than a week for my face to breakout even worse than what I started with before the regimen! Some people said its the initial breakout of aha bringing all the old crap to the surface and it usually lasted for two weeks. Its the end of my two weeks and my face itches like crazy, my skin isn't any less flaky and my acne keeps popping up. It's not the non inflamed acne either, they're deep, red, and big -- some of them don't come to a head! And acne started appearing where I didn't have them initially, like my eyebrows! It was sore for three days like I had a freaking cyst there. Now the swelling is gone, but I have tons of red marks. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just letting you know my experience.

on 12/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

I love AHA+! I use it as a moisturizer day and night, which might not be the best idea but seeing as I don't get much sunlight due to being a student who studies away most of the sunlight hours, I think I can get away without worrying too much about sun sensitivity.
I've had acne-prone skin since my teenage years, maybe because of using the wrong products. It's now starting to clear up with a combination of skin care routine and product changes! Now I usually get hormonal breakouts or random breakouts when I'm stressed. I really thing AHA+ has helped a lot with keeping pimples at bay, lightening some scarring, helped the texture of my skin become a lot smoother, maybe helped pore size a bit, and moisturizes. It tends to make me a little oilier than I am without it but so do other moisturizers so I guess I can't really get away from that.
I use Liquid Neutrogena cleanser and moisturize, I actually stopped using salicylic acid products which I used to swear by because AHA+ takes care of those needs!
Overall, I really like AHA+ but wish it was cheaper for this poor college student! Also wish I could purchase Acne.org products at drugstores :( shipping is expensive!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Sorry but this did nothing for me. If anything it has caused more breakouts and has made my pores look much bigger :/ The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 star is that it didnt burn and it did make my skin softer.

on 9/9/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Purchased last year and still haven't run out off it, seems to last forever! It has a bit of a yellowish texture but fades completely after rubbing in. I use it as a spot treatment or overnight all over my face. My skin seems to get used to it when i put on everything so i switch between Estee lauder serum and AHA+. Stings badly on popped pimples or those whom are painful already! A little goes a long way

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this product =( i bought this product because i heard amazing reviews that it clears acne ,acne scars and evens out skin tone , i have light acne but i want to get rid of it completely so when i tried it the first day i loved it, it got rid of a white head i had on my cheek and i also put it on as a spot treatment for a few acne scars i have ,.,then a few days later i started to get whiteheads around my cheeks and inflamed whiteheads the left side of my face.,., and i was freaking out so i went to acne.org messages and some people were going through the same thing i was ,.,some said its"purging" because this product is an exfoliate and its bringing the clog pore to the surface,.,but i have used calcium bentonite clay masks and they also bring impurities to the surface but not this way , i really think this product is breaking me out so i might not use it any more ,i'ma try out the treatment of acne.org hopefully it can get rid of my light acne

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this product in combination with the Pro-Activ Benzoyl Peroxide repair lotion and Purpose gentle cleanser, and have SUBSTANTIALLY reduced my pimples to one or two I randomly get on my face. (the BP I'm sure does not have to be Pro-Activ, but it was sitting in my cabinet when I incorporated a BP product into my regimen).
The product lasts forever (I've been using it since December 2011), has a moisturizing consistency that provides enough moisture for me in my humid, South Texas environment without becoming greasy and is still effective. The lotion can be mildly irritating (you are quite literally putting an acid on your face so I feel like that's to be expected) but the lichochalcone ingredient (licorice extract) helps calm the redness so the redness, if any, is brief. I have experienced a large reduction in whiteheads and blackheads on my face, and contribute a lot of that to the exfoliating effect in this lotion. My skin tone is even, and it is nice to finally get compliments on it (even with the occasional pimple).
I am only 21, so I cannot speak for the wrinkle reduction ability this product has, but as it is a chemical exfoliant it is likely thinning out your skin (and consequently your wrinkles) versus actually treating your wrinkles. Wear sunblock during use of this product to make sure you are not exposing your skin to more UV damage.

on 6/17/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is 10% glycolic in a moisturizing base and it has become my favorite.

I did a split face test using this on one side and Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream on the other. After a week of applying every other night, the Acne.org side was noticeably clearer. I also notices that upon application, they both stung initially, but the acne.org side calmed quickly (within 5 seconds or so) while the Alpha Hydrox side continued to sting for 15-20 minutes.

The price of this product is VERY reasonable. I paid $21/6oz including shipping, compared to Alpha Hydrox $11/2oz, so much cheaper. The next time I order it I will get the larger size $33/16oz w/shipping. I use this on my legs too so it will be good to have the larger size.

Since this does not dry/irritate my skin like Alpha Hydrox, so I am able to use it every night. No known clogging ingredients, and the licorice root definitely calms my skin. LOVE.

on 5/13/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am so glad I purchased this regimen kit. It came in super fast and i was really excited to use it. I never really had acne problems growing up. It wasn't until i turned 26 that all that started to change for the worse. I didnt get the whiteheads or black heads I instead go these gross looking red bumpy things all over my cheeks chin and lower jawline and also up near my ear and lower temples. They are so sore and itchy and very sensitive and very hard to get rid of. I tried proactive but it only dried out my skin and made me breakout even more. I saw two different dermatologists... I was put on tetracycline, ziana, a medicated bp wash, ampicillin and a 9.5% bp rinse off foam. Of course i used these products at different times not all at once. The meds did help me clear up a little bit but i didnt want to have to depend on that for the rest of my life. So i saw a youtube video about acne.org and figured id try it out. And im so glad i did, the price was not so bad. I love all the products so far which were included in the kit. The cleanser is very mild, no scent, lathers up a bit but not too much... almost can be compared to that of cetaphil face wash which i also love. The bp treatment is awesome. Its strong and does dry the skin out but hey that's what its suppose to do!!! It glides on great over the skin and doesn't have a bad smell like the foam i had. It did make my eyes water a bit but i can live with that if it means having clear skin. The moisturizes is like a glass of water for the face. I love love love IT! Follow Dan's directions and you will not be dissapointed. I just started the regimen 2 days ago people and I already see a huge difference in my skin. It's smoother, glowing and the red bumps are going down and some little ones have dissapeared. My skin doesn't feel irritated all the time and even my scars are getting lighter. For the price of $38.44 i suggest you at least give this a try and please remember to follow EXACTLY how Dan demonstrates. There's a reason to everything. Be gentle and patient and stick with it. You will not regret it.

on 4/20/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the entire kit (acne.org kit plus). Immediately I saw a glow to my skin and acne cleared within days! Very impressed. Set up on auto ship, which is only $5, and I control the timing of shipments and which kit ships.
I have had moderate to severe acne, since I was 15. I am now turning 40 this year. I have been to dr after dr. Paid tons of money for all kinds of treatments, and this is working for me. I waited to write a review to make sure this wasn't a fluke.
I can see a big change in my skin and will continue to use.