Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer is hopeless. I tried it out awhile ago and it didn't blend properly with my skin-tone (NC30-35). Like another reviewer wrote, the concealer comes out from the tube in a white colour and as you blend it in, it's meant to turn into your correct shade. I used the smallest dot under each eye, blended like crazy and it still left a horrible white cast beneath my eyes. I think it would best suit very fair skin-tones. Not flash photography friendly either because of the SPF15.

Okay so I bought this recently and when I first applied it, it was white but after you rubbed it in it turned an orange-y color. My face is not orange and you could see (even under my foundation) where I had applied it. I liked how easy it was to apply but it was soooooo not my color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I get really dark tanned skin in the summer. My usual concealer was making my tanned skin look white in the areas where I use it in comparison to the rest of my face, so it was time for a new concealer. I purchased the Almay Smart Shade concealer in Medium and have found that it blends in well with my skin. It doesn't conceal very heavily- but for my usage; under eye circles and the occasional discolouration, it works perfectly. For the summer, it's a great light-weight concealer. I probably wouldn't continue to use this once my tan fades after the summer, but for light coverage in humid weather on tanned skin, I am actually quite pleased!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in medium. This concealer comes out white and gradually blends out to your perfect color. Yeah right!!! I tried every way applying this and it still turns orange on me and not to mention the GLITTER!!! Omg I usually don't notice shimmer in foundation but the shimmers are very noticeable. I had a swatch of this on my hand and the shimmers remained on my hand after numerous trips to the bathroom to scrub it off... Bottom Line: This concealer will turn a few shades darker. Not good for the acne prone or oily skin (unless u like glitter?) I Do not Reccomend.

on 6/12/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have no complaints at all with this product. Right now I am using it in Light/Medium and it matches my skin perfectly (probably between a 20-25 right now). I use it under my eyes and on pimples and old scars. I use this product after I apply my foundation. I squeeze a half of a rice grain size on my index finger, work it up a bit with the other index finger, dot it under each eye and blend, and then use what is left on spotty areas. This method does not completely blot out imperfections like undereye circles and blemishes, but I feel that it blends them in well enough that they don't jump out at me when I check my reflection in the mirror. It's kind of like smoothing on a second layer of foundation, but for some reason, actually smoothing on a second layer of foundation never gives me the perfection of coverage and finish that this product does. I don't have results like the first picture posted above at all....but everyone's results are different, so I'm just stating my experience with this product, for the record.

on 5/31/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Majority of concealers cause break outs for me. I am talking about major acne. This is "the only" concealer that has not caused any problems for me. I am NC30 and I use the Light to Medium version. It comes out white and then adapts to my skin color. It blends well and it is not thick. I have used HE brands like MUFE Fullcover but in comparison, this does a better job and it is not as thick.

I was suspect of the "Smart Shade Technology" from the commercials. technology is not advanced enough for us to have self blending camo in the military, let alone self blending, coloursmart makeup.

Of course, its a cheap trick. The makeup comes out pale then darkens as it oxidizes. If you apply it too thick or don't blend it properly, it gives horrible bright splotches. If you apply it properly, it will make you look like you're wearing bronzer. I can see that working for some people, but it does not work for me. If the makeup just stayed the same color as it is in the tube, I would have been much happier. I got the lightest shade, and it still turned rather bronzy.

I'm not saying that this will be bad for everyone...just for people that have pale skin and dont go for the 'tanned' look.

on 5/8/2011 12:48:00 PM

Pretty good concealer, doesn't go orange on me. Coverage is fair and does an okay job.

I bought this concealer while trying to find a drugstore brand that wouldn't cause breakouts. When I applied it, it went on white and as I blended it out, it gradually turned into my average skin tone. But when I looked in the mirror 15 minutes later, all of the areas where I had applied concealer had turned orange. Like, bad-self-tanner-accident orange. Instead of covering up my blemishes it accentuated them. Even after trying with a different brush, on an unblemished section of skin it still turned orange. I won't buy any "smart shade" product again.

on 4/11/2011 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Terrible terrible terrible. I bought this along with the smart-shade foundation (which I also hated). I bought the lightest shade, and it was not only too dark- it was also orange looking. Uncool!
What I think is absolutely the worst thing about this is that it is no thicker than the foundation and it offers no more coverage. It conceals nothing. If you buy this as well as the foundation, you're pretty much just buying the same thing twice. Who are they kidding???