It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I REALLY like this product. It is the only CC (or BB for that matter) cream that has really blown me away. I literally wore this and only this on my face for a whole day and felt like I had some terrific skin going on. LOVED it. This is a very elegantly formulated cream that just wears beautiful and covers imperfections well. For me it wore well with absolutely no powder or anything over it. For reference, I have sun damaged/brown spotted skin that is combo-dry w/large pores and aging.

It does a decent job of covering and it has great benefits in that it is an all-in-one product, but on me it accentuates every single pore and looked and felt a bit greasy on my combo/oily skin. I bought the Tan because I have a little summer color but it's too yellow for me. I really wanted to like this CC cream, but I can't get past the pore accentuation.

I've been using the It Cosmetics CC cream for a while and having been a user of Korean BB creams (Dr. G Hydra is my favorite), I wasn't really in the market to try something else since I thought I had found my HG with Dr. G Hydra Intensive Blemish balm. I saw a video of the IT Cosmetics cc cream and just HAD to try it because it looked like it was better coverage, lighter in texture, creamier than even my HG bb cream. Plus, it had snail filtrate in it and I am currently in love with the Asian snail creams (Elisha Coy and Snailstreet are my favorites for snail cream along with Dr. Jart's snail products that you can get from Sephora although the Asian brands are less expensive and higher in snail mucin percentage wise). Back to the It cosmetics cc cream. I ordered the light (I am NC20-25, sunny beige in Laura Mercier), and it is a perfect match. Just a pea size does the whole face. I dot it on a moisturized face, then blend it in with the It Cosmetics buffing brush (the flat top one). The It brushes are fantastic by the way. The cc cream covers up everything, it is hydrating, gives the skin a dewy look, softens wrinkles, and is truly a "my skin but better" look. It feels lighter than a bb cream, blends easier than a bb cream, and has better coverage. I am 54 years old and I have normal/oily skin and I do have to apply a powder over it in the warmer months (winter, I'm ok with it by itself) so I normally apply a light dusting of IT cosmetics Celebration powder (in light medium) over on top. I do not feel like I have anything on my skin with the cc cream whereas with bb cream, I can definitely feel there is something on my skin. It also lasted all day without any touchups except maybe oil blotting papers to remove a little oil in the summer. Even after I wash off the cc cream at night (I use Philosophy Purity cleanser with my clarisonic), my skin feels really good and super soft, like I had some skin treatment on all day. That is probably due to the snail filtrate and the other anti-aging ingredients in the cc cream. There is a scent but it is very light, almost citrusy/lemon. Very pleasant. I did a entire face using It Cosmetics that I have in my profile...just too shy to post it on the boards. I have the It Cosmetics cc cream in light, celebration powder in light medium, vitality blush in peony, lips are damsel. LOVE this product but I do think it is probably more suitable for older skin, and as I've stated, I am 54 years old.

**UPDATED REVIEW** So after wearing nothing but this for a couple of months my opinion is changing. If I wear this over different sunscreens the shininess or greasiness is reduced. Right now I am loving Shiseido's Anessa Perfect SPF 50 sunscreen which gives a matte finish. The CC cream over this also remains semi matte and looks far better than if worn over a more shiny sunscreen. It also helps with the staying power of this CC cream.

I found that the coverage of this is very buildable and natural when I had an ugly rash on my neck; this CC cream not only covered it so it was hardly visible but also made it heal faster. I upped this to a 4/5 but still not sure if it is long lasting. I will be happy to give this a 5 if it stays put in hot weather, but I haven't been out in any high humidity recently to check. Will update.

**ORIGINAL REVIEW** I had wanted to try this ever since I saw it on QVC. I need products with sunscreen as I am prone to dark spots so the SPF 50 was fantastic.

I ordered the Fair which was a great match for my NC10-15 skin. The packaging is great, a tube with a pump which not only is hygienic but you can also control the amount that comes out. However, on my skin this has the look of a full coverage foundation (thick, creamy, difficult to spread) without having the actual coverage I need in places. I have 2 huge dark spots on my forehead which were not covered by this product, and my horrendous undereye circles were similarly visible. My face was left feeling and looking greasy which is not a good look for me.

I did give this a 3 due to the SPF, good color and great packaging (and the scent is pleasant too, slightly lemony) but the shiny look and feel of this product means that I won't be buying again. I have yet to see how this performs in the humid Florida summer but from what I have seen so far I doubt any decent staying power would make me repurchase.

Absolutely love this! I heard about it on YouTube and ordered it. It is so freakin awesome, makes my skin flawless. I don't think it is greasy at all and I apply a moisturizer under it (I do have dry skin). The shade I ordered was medium, it looks like it could match a variety of skin tones. It is slightly yellowish, which I love because I cancels out my redness.