It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After using this for over a year now, I've decided to do a new review as I have finished almost 2 tubes of this product.

FIRST OFF: This product is great and has a lot of benefits. What drew me in was the moisturizing effects (snail secretion - very often used in skincare for South Korea). I have dry combination skin so I am interested in things that won't emphasize my dry skin. The UVB *and* UVA protection with SPF50 also drew me in. Awesome!

Now let's get down to it...

This product is great but I would only recommend it for people who have dry/dehydrated skin. The snail secretion makes my skin look glowy and healthy after I apply it, but my friends with super oily skin CANNOT use it. As someone with sensitive skin, this did not break me out despite the light fragrance.

Even with dry skin, this does get a little oily and starts to wipe off during the day, especially in humid/hot weather. I find that using less will prevent that and also setting it. After using this CC cream, a setting powder of some sort is a *must*. I find that with a good powder, I don't need to touch up for 6 hours which is amazing.

I recommend using this CC Cream with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and start with a small layer. This CC cream is great coverage. I have rosacea and this covers all the redness. The coverage is buildable and this brush allows even and thin layers to spread. In fact, I use this as a daily foundation since the coverage is so good with the added SPF benefits.

The pump and the cover makes this CC cream travel-friendly and hygienic. You can control how much you want out which is awesome!

Overall, I remove lippies for the following reasons:
- It is pricey. $38 for one tube, but I have gotten it for cheaper w/ coupons. One tube has however lasted me 5+ months with almost daily use, HOWEVER...
- The color selection sucks. There are 5 colors but none of them work for me. In the winter, "Medium" works well for me (but can be a little light), and in the summer "tan" works well for me (but can be a little dark). The colors jump drastically from one to another. I've combined medium and tan and work from there, but I don't like working with 2 tubes and mixing it for the "right" color.

I recommend, if possible, sampling this first or keep the receipt. This is a very heavy and rich CC cream in terms of moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for about a month now and I can honestly say my skin has never looked better! My skin has definitely improved in tone and texture. It even looks better when I'm not wearing the CC cream! Absolutely no breakouts from this (and I am super acne prone with very sensitive skin)! I wear Medium shade because I self tan and it blends perfectly with my skin. The coverage is between full and medium. I am 41 and it does NOT settle into my wrinkles. In fact, I've gotten so many complements on my skin since using the CC cream. I LOVE this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My initial impression after using this for the first time -- the first thing you notice is the smell. Like another reviewer pointed out, the product has a distinct lemony odor. It isn't pleasant, but it doesn't smell horrible either. If you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you. The cream itself had a slightly sticky consistency when I applied it, if that makes sense. I'm used to BB creams that are smooth and apply easily. That being said, the stickiness went away after blending it into my skin. It looks and feels great on my skin now and I like the end result.

I REALLY wanted to love this but I didn't:( once applied I could see it everywhere on my face making it very obvious I was wearing makeup. I was just getting over a cold and my nose was a little dry I thought this would help but it made it worse! It did give my skin a little glow but not enough to justify keeping the tube because I already have skincare that does that for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using the IT Cosmetics IT-O2 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen Foundation (what a mouthful! haha) and I love it! However, I felt like I needed a bit more coverage and decided to take a chance on this CC cream. While I can understand the hype about it, I felt like the sunscreen was very irritating for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. The formula is very thick yet blendable and because of this you need to get the right color that matches your skin perfectly. Otherwise it is obvious you are wearing make-up. This product can look natural, but you will need to mix colors, if like me, your skin color changes with the seasons. Overall this CC cream is great for mature or oily/combination skin types and hides discoloration or rosacea very well, but I do not recommend for sensitive skin.

I didn't actually know what a BB cream was when I got this. (Actually I still don't, I just looked it up now). Usually I go for Urban Decay Naked foundation which was perfect on me in Australia but when I moved to Canada, my skin became drier and the foundation just sat on top.
I have a little bit of redness on my checks and acne so the girl at Ulta recommended this product. She was wearing it that day and I thought it looked good on her so decided to give it a go.
I got the fair shade. I put on my foundation pretty light, so this is quite good. I use a foundation brush and I find it a little hard to build as the consistency is so light. I tend to put powder over my first layer and then go over the areas which need more coverage again.
Pump tube packaging is excellent for travel and allows you to control how much product you get.
The fact that it is SPF50+ would be awesome if I was living back in Aus. Doesn't make much difference to me here.
Overall, it's a pretty good, natural foundation. Can't say I've had any "glowing skin" compliments with this one, but it does the job.

im not sure how i feel about this. it smells very strong like lemons but also kinda like vomit. its thick and moisturizing but doesnt make me oily. it gives good coverage especcially for a alphabet cream but i wouldnt call it full coverage as it claims to be. i might buy it again as it looks natural but still perfects my skin but i like to try new things and theres a good chance i wont repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fantastic. I had yet to actually find a BB or CC cream that I liked (if you don't cover my acne scars, then there is no point). I actually got this as a gift, and tried it on a whim one morning, when I didn't feel like doing my whole foundation routine. I then looked in the mirror and was SHOCKED.

This provides full coverage for my face with one pump. There are a few truly dark areas and blemishes where I still need to touch up with concealer, but this takes care of everything else (and "everything else" is a lot). Plus, it ACTUALLY. LOOKS. KIND OF. NATURAL. The whole "your skin but better thing" is not a myth, which is amazing because most CCs I've tried left me looking like I had on a white mask. This looked a bit light on my hand, but as soon as I applied, it settled into my skin and looked totally natural. It also feels so nice and light, and leaves the skin feeling moisturized. I can't say too much about making my actual skin look better, but honestly, just to have a lightweight product that covers and gives me a healthy, glowy look is enough for me.

The packaging is great - it's a tube with a pump at the end, so totally hygienic. It takes one pump to do my face, maybe a touch more if I need to go back and build on some areas. The SPF is a pretty great add-on as well. It's definitely not cheap, but I think that one tube will be lasting me for quite a while, and if you're going to invest in something, it makes sense that it's in skin products.

The one caveat I have is that it is scented. I don't like that, and wish that it had been left out. Other than that, HIGHLY recommend. This is a product that makes me doubt the legitimacy of Paula's Choice anymore, because it was rated SO low on their review - an unfair one, in my opinion. This (and all of IT Cosmetics' line, really) is definitely worth looking into if you're looking for something lightweight, but with good coverage. If I had to sum this up in one line, I'd say that it makes my skin look even, moisturized, and healthy, but I still look like me.

I love this BUT.....there is no shade for me. Medium is too light, Tan is too dark.
They need to create a few more shades. I love the way it looks and feels on my skin. If they had the right shade for me this would be the end of my endless search......

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only foundation I've ever bought a backup of before finishing! Coverage is medium to full, finish is natural, texture is very creamy and emollient, and for my NW20 skin, the shade Light is a great match. The absolute best thing about this CC cream is it's color corrective properties, which is actually what CC stands for. I have a LOT of surface redness and broken capillaries on my cheeks and around my nose. This hides it so well, without looking like a green corrector. It also doesn't emphasize my dryness which is a huge plus.