It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Appearance: Product comes in a clear and silver plastic pump tube. After awhile I noticed some of the silver coating where the ingredients are listed has worn off. Not a big deal but some people might not like being able to read the ingredients. Its has a light orange citrus smell to it.

Cost: I think it around 38-40 dollars at Ulta. You get 1.08 oz of product.

Wearability: Trying to find a color match for my fair Korean skin with heavy yellow undertones is tricky. I first bought the light and noticed it was a bit too dark on my skin. Perhaps with summer it would now be a perfect match. I ended up buying a tube of fair and mixing the two together for a perfect match. I enjoy this CC cream but I find it to kind of sit on top of my skin verses sinking in like other CC creams. I found that using my fingers to rub it in like a regular moisturizer verses using a brush helps with decreasing this feeling.

Overall thoughts: I wear this on an everyday basis if I am not looking for a full face coverage. For a night out I still prefer a regular foundation. I will probably buy another tube when I run out. I have sensitive skin and I have not experienced any breakouts from this product.

I have been on an never ending quest for a HG foundation and while this is AMAZING I can't exactly say the search is over. The color range is limited, I purchased the color medium, I'm in between and NC 25-30. The color match could be better but it works on me, adapts well to my skin. Coverage is impeccable, and the feel of this CC is hydrating and virtually undetectable. The High SPF doesn't make this foundation ideal for photography because of the flashback but other than that I have no complaints. This is the perfect everyday makeup base

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great full coverage CC cream. I've used drugstore BB creams in the past, and decided to try this CC cream at the recommendation of one of the women at Ulta. I have very fair dry sensitive skin that breaks out occasionally, and this cream has not caused any irritation or flare-ups. It is surprisingly full coverage, more so than many of the foundations I've used. While the color of the "Fair" product is quite light at first, it gets darker after setting and leaves more of a matte effect. My face looks more radiant and even since using this cream. Ultimately, this cream is a great alternative to foundation, especially if you don't want to spend the time applying primer and SPF in the morning. Definitely worth a try.

I love this CC cream! I have combination skin and it is perfect for me. I don't get oily in the middle of the day with this product and it stays on until I get home from work.

I walked into the store to purchase a light foundation to mix with the one I had been matched with which was too dark. I told the associate to excuse the flaking caused by my retinol product. She came back with a bottle of the It primer serum and the flakes were instantly gone. Then she used the CC Cream on top. I did not expect much. I looked amazing and it took a few years off my face.
The coverage was good enough to cover or diminish the look of a couple of age spots.
Apparently my other primer and foundation products were just to drying for my skin. After I left, I ran my errands and kept checking my face. There was no dryness and no pilling. Using these two products is so easy than applying four as I had to do previously.
The thrill of it all was that the associate was not an It rep. so she did not try to promote additional product.
I am 58 with skin on the dryer side and am fighting wrinkles. If your skin is like mine, sample it and expect to be pleased.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This really seems to be a "love it or hate it" product. I'm in the "love it" group. Got this as part of a Showstopper and it came with a flat paddle-type brush for applying it. I find I get really lovely results using the brush and one pump of the product. I have this in "Light" and the shade is perfect and looks natural. Sometimes, I have to be really careful just where my cheeks meet my nose or else foundations and similar products can settle into "dots" in my pores but that doesn't seem to happen with this. After applying with the brush, I use the flats of my hands to sort of "press" the CC cream into my face. I like that this isn't a totally matte product (unlike my Smashbox CC, which I use in summer, when it's humid and I appreciate a more matte finish). Some concealer on my under-eye circles and my skin looks perfect. I especially like using this mixed with a pump of Clarins Instant Light Complexion Illuminating Base (the new one or the "old" original) - one pump of that mixed with a pump of this CC cream and then blended on my fingers before dotting onto my face gives the nicest, dewy and flawless look. It has become my favourite way to wear this CC cream for evening or in the cooler weather (when it's hot, I "glow" enough most of the time not to need this step)

Interestingly, in Canada, this makes no claims about SPF and a sticker has been added to cover the "SPF 50" on the tube. On the tv promo, Jamie Kern had a bunch of labelled jars to represent all the products this CC replaces in her presentation but the one jar had to be labelled "titanium dioxide and zinc oxide" rather than SPF because this has not passed the Canadian testing for products making claims about sun protection (ditto Tarte BB Cream and now my beloved Clarins eye cream with SPF has been pulled from the market temporarily while it is tested to ensure it meets its claims).

Anyway, I like everything about this CC cream though I might find it a bit heavy for summer. Because I got this in a "Showstopper", the price was quite reasonable.

UPDATE: August 2014: This product has now been approved to be sold with its SPF claims as of a month or 2 back. The label covering the SPF rating has been removed and in her Shopping Channel pitches, Jamie Kern can now tout this as replacing your sunscreen in your daily routine.

And ANOTHER UPDATE: I was able to purchase the "supersize" tube of this a few months ago and I'm really happy. It was in a special offer on TSC so the price was outstanding and it's just so nice to have the larger size of something I use so frequently. This really is a fabulous product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a general rule I like BB and CC creams because my skin is dry and they provide a light layer of coverage, that I usually top with a light layer of a hydrating powder foundation. But this crap, no matter how I wore it; I tried several different primers, and several different finishing powders, would accentuate and create flakes I never even knew I had. I've never had any BB or CC cream or for that matter any liquid foundation do that. I am not even secure enough to try this again, the result was so bad that this is going straight back. Especially for the price, this is a big disappointment!

I purchased this in the kit from QVC and promptly sent it back. I am looking for a foundation that by the end of the day doesn't make my look cakey and dry. My skin is combo, maybe just because it's winter my skin is drier than usual. With any foundation, I have to top it with a powder, or else my T zone will be an oily mess. This did not last all day and I got cakey by the end of the day...sigh...I much prefer Garnier's BB Cream the combination skin formula, which is better than this and far less expensive.
I got it in fair and it was way too light for me. I am between an NC 15 to a 20. The next shade up which is light, is far too yellow for me. I know they say it adjusts a bit to your skin tone, but it did not do that for me.
I would say get a sample first. It feels great going on and looks glowy when you first apply it, it just didn't last through an entire workday. The hunt continues....

I really like this cc cream. I have acne-prone skin and almost everything breaks me out, this doesn't though. It's hydrating as well, I have dry skin from using acne face products and it glides over them. The ingredients are a little odd, snail secretions?? Ew... If you can get past that it's a great product. The only cons are that I find it does make me look oily after a few hours and does settle in to some lines around my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately this contains the -siloxanes that cause cystic outbreaks in so many, me included.
The Light shade was better than Medium but it still appeared ashy and just sat on top of my skin.
Not really complete coverage, more like light coverage.
Nice glowy finish and decent UV protection but cant use something that makes my skin a hot mess like this one did.