MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 5/19/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not to be debbie the downer, but I found this product to be just okay. I use bare escentuals and have been using the mineral veil on top and seem to prefer the veil more than this. But, I've only used this about 3 times and the days I wore it I had a final or some big project going on, so on those days I tend not to have time to look in the mirror and look stressed out anyway--which may be the reason why I'm not completely satisfied. I'll try again and if I need to will update.

on 5/19/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definately amazing stuff. I am very oily typically, but this stuff prevents oilies for over 12hours. I am very impressed!

Very nice, affordable, and works amazingly. Does not mess up makeup, just makes it better.

This I will repurchase- it's a permanent item in my collection now.

on 5/14/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! I used L'Oreal Translucide for years and was happy with it, but this is miles beyond. I have super-oily eyelids and typically have big problems with eyeshadow creasing (no matter what kind of primer I use) and my waterproof mascara smudging off my lashes and onto my skin by mid-morning. Setting my makeup with this not only eliminates those issues, but keeps the rest of my face looking great until my usual lunchtime touch-up. This is really a breakthrough powder for me, and worth the price. I like the very packable size of the jar, but a sifter with such big holes is a peeve of mine. If it gets tossed around in your makeup bag, you can find way too much powder on top when you open it.

on 5/13/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this stuff! I love using this as my finishing powder and also use prep + prime refined zone under it and these two products really make my face look flawless. It's amazing that it controls my tzone from looking shiny and blurs my pores. I'm not so sure that it makes my skin glow but I think it's because Studio Sculpt already gives me a soft dewy look so I can't tell the difference so I should probably try it with my Fix Fluid before I can say that it really doesn't but I can say that I don't notice it with my Studio Sculpt Foundation. The only thing I don't like about this is that it gets everywhere and when I travel I have to carry it in a plastic bag so the powder doesn't get on my other products, but that's what you get with a loose powder!

on 5/11/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first heard about Colour Ready coming out with this, I was very interested in this product I bought it the day it came out. I have fairly oily skin, and especially throughout the day I get extremely shiny (even in dry areas). After so much hype about this, it had an ashy feel on my skin even with a light application. It made me look a little overdone, but later in the day I would become a greaseball and would need blotting sheets. It didn't really conceal my pores or anything either.

on 5/10/2009 10:11:00 PM

my face is itchy (mostly the mouth area) but gorgeous.

it's doesn't make me ashy. My skin has to get used to it, though.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've only had this for a couple days so I'm going to give it another week before giving my full honest review. But for now the consistency of the powder and staying power seem fine.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I rated that I wouldn't buy this product again not because it isn't good - it is great. I bought it this weekend based on many reviews that I'd read about it. Does it take away shine? Yes. Does it set your makeup? Yes. But it's like MUFE's setting powder. Both are overpriced and I've found the exact same setting powder that feels, sets, and lasts the same from www.egminerals.com for much less.