Palladio Rice Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well, it does its job. The packaging is adorable and looks great on my counter.Of course you can't travel anywhere with it since your purse would be one hot mess. The finely milled powder feels good on my skin and it keeps me from looking oily. I would probably give it a better rating if it was talc-free. The applicator feels nice on your skin, but I use a brush so I don't look too powdery.

on 10/31/2008 11:22:00 AM

OK, I have to say that I was reluctant to try this, as I had never heard of the brand, and because it was so cheaply priced. If it was not for the great reviews on MUA I would have never even considered trying it. At, first I picked up a shade too dark for my skin, and upon applying it, it looked cheap and cakey. Since it was so cheap, and it did feel wonderful on my skin I decided to give it a second go around. I purchased the next box in translucent, and it was a huge change! It goes on thin, and makes your face look soft and natural. Doesn't leave a "white" looking residue as most translucent powders tend to do. I used it as a setting or "finishing" powder over top of my Clinique foundation and powder. The Palladio rice powder stood up to the humid summer days in Kentucky, and if a powder can keep you from shining like the sun on those kind of days, then it is A ok in my book. I gave it 4 lippies because of the packaging, YIKES! as soon as you close the lid, POOF out comes a powder burst! I ended up buying a really cute vintage chanel powder tin off ebay to store it in.

on 10/25/2008 3:09:00 AM

OMG. This stuff has made me quit hating my extremely oily skin! It is great at controlling oil. I am blown away. I have been on the search for a decent powder forever. I find some that are better than others but nothing HG until now. I got the translucent shade. It's actually very, very fair so I wouldn't use it unless you are quite pale. This gives me a total porcelain doll face and never oxidizes. It hasn't broken my very acne prone skin out yet either so that's another bonus. It does have a baby powder like scent which I don't love but this stuff could smell like rotten eggs and I'd still use it. Give it a try if you suffer from a shiny face an hour after you apply your makeup. I also like the blotting papers made by this company. I've been using those forever but never thought to try the other products. Highly recommended.

on 8/25/2008 12:49:00 PM

I also just bought this on a whim with the summer heat and humidity I thought why not give it a try. Its mattifying effects are above average and last longer than other products I have tried. It also doesn't appear to clog my pores. I am not too keen on the scent but it goes away after a while. The poof that it comes with is awful but I apply with a brush anyway but if you prefer a poof I suggest buying one separately. I just wish the container was a little bigger so that I wouldn't make such a mess when putting powder on the brush.

on 4/8/2008 1:10:00 AM

Ive been loyal to my Palladio rice papers for a while now. When I noticed my NARS loose powder oxidized horribly, I set a search for a translucent powder.
Brands recommended on the MUA board were LM, NYC, MUFE and Palladio. I immediately searched for Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent.
Since I didnt find Translucent, I purchased it in Natural.
Im loving it! Much better than any setting powder Ive bought.
The box needs some improvement (no doubt) but the NARS sifter isnt that great either.
I do notice that my T-zone is less oily, but I still need to blot around 3x daily.
My skin is acne prone but under control. Havent had any breakouts (2 weeks now).
Im a sucker for oriental themes though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderfully fine loose powder that costs 1/10 the price of department store brands. The packaging, along with its foam application pad, are unfortunately pretty useless, imo. Also, the shades are not very versatile--my complexion is somewhere between the translucent (white alabaster) and natural (beige) shades offered, so I have to buy both and mix them in a separate container. Still, the price can't be beat, it suits its purpose nicely, so I can't really complain.

on 2/23/2007 3:11:00 PM

After years of wearing NARS loose powder, I decided to try this one due to all of the great MUA reviews that it got. I really love my NARS powder, but it is so expensive that I could not justify buying it again until I checked this one out. I must say that for the $ and quality of the powder, this one kicks butt over NARS! This one controls my oily skin, does not break me out and costs a fraction of the price that NARS does! I do, however agree that the packaging bites-it is small and messy and I could definitely do without the puff! The box itself is really cute and looks kind of glamorous! I will definitely buy this again!

on 10/23/2006 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use homemade rice powder a couple of years ago (sold by a seller on eBay), but I discontinue due to the texture was kinda rough. After came across Palladios rice powder here in MUA, I decided to give it a try and Im sooo glad I did! This rice powder is so finely milled! I have very very oily complexion and this powder (on top of my Palladios foundation) really make my face a lot less oily which I have never been able to achieved with any other loose powder). I only need to blot once or twice a day max. Im an AAB with tan/olive complexion and I use the beige shade which works great. I apply this powder with my Versace powder brush, and I also dab a little more on my nose with a flocked sponge. This powder comes in a square thick carton packaging, which isnt the best, but it works. I scoop half of it to BE jar for when I travel. When my Versace loose powder finished, I will transfer this rice powder to the jar (those who know Versace products must know how pretty the packaging are ^.^). I dont remember how much I paid for this powder, but Im pretty sure it was less than $5 at Sallys. I will definitely repurchase this again and again!

on 12/15/2005 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin and was looking for a finishing powder that would help eliminate shine. This is a pretty good powder. It helps control shine on my face but, not completely. The scent is not terrible and has not irritated my sensitive skin at all. I'm not quite sure if I will repurchase since it will take me a LONG time to finish this up.

on 1/1/2005 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this loose powder! My aunt recommended it to me and I've never been so happy! The packaging is a little cheesy, but, it's whats inside that counts. I accidentally bought a darker shade and gave it to my sister. She loved it, too! I recommend the Palladio oil blotting sheets to go with it. You get a choice of using the rice powder paper side, or the plain paper side of the sheet. The price can't be beat (~$5.00US). This is a steal!