Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 1/26/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! I've bought it about twice a year for the past few years. For me that's unusual because I'm always moving on to the next new product. I'm oily/acne prone so I only wear powder foundations like MUFE Duo Mat, Aveda, and MAC StudioFix which leave my face matte. I use Magic as a last step to add some glow to areas like upper forehead, chin, cheekbones. It really makes a big difference! I love it!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how it feels on my skin. It's almost like water. It's not like other loose powders because it doesn't look too cakey. It's natural. However, it is very glittery which may be unflattering to some faces.

on 11/19/2007 6:12:00 PM

i loveeee this powder!!! ive gone through so many of them! i use it with the prescriptives flawless skin foundation. i use the "red neutralizer" color just bc im asian and i have more of a yellow skin tone? i love how it feels and how it has a tiny hint of sparkly stuff in it that makes my skin look like its glowing! i dont think my skin has looked better since ive been using these 2 together... love it!

I really like how the Magic Liquid Powder feels wet and cool during application. The Prescriptives MA brushed it on my hand and I was instantly sold! I'm not the type to buy department brand cosmetics in a second. I thought this was going to be one of my HG powders. Here are the cons though:

-It doesn't last long nor does it control oil. I have combination skin and I can get pretty oily in the T-zone area.

-Even though I got the translucent shade, the Magic Powder still looked pink on my skin in natural daylight (Asian, MAC NC30, Shiseido O40). In bathroom lighting, it looks great. Sigh... I probably won't buy this again since it's expensive. $35.00 at Macys...

on 12/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

I used this product over the Prescriptives Illuminating creme potion, as recommended by the sales lady. The two together provided a very light coverage. Great for a young girl or someone without a lot of imperfections. I need a heavier foundation.

on 9/16/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Well, call me bias but as a loyal px customer and employee, i LOVE THE MAGIC POWDER. Why? It's cooling sensation and super natural finish over foundation... It doesn't leave me looking ashy or too matte. I actually appreciate my skins glow. However< I do understand what some of the other reviews are saying b/c there's few things you have to be careful about. Used with a synthetic brush, it doesn't roll on as smoothly and leaves too much product on the skin leaving it with a undesireable finish under lighting.

Oh , it does turn a little jelly when not used or store improperly but all you have to do is shake it up a little, then it regains it normal powdery texture. You can also add a few drops of water when it loses its cooling effect. You may see what appears to be steam, its from the liquid powder being 70% water.

Application tip: Dip large natural fiber brush in powder, use cap to disburse to excess product. Then pat onto face, then gently dust away excess amounts from face. This technique makes a world of a difference in the finish. Give it a try. Remember to much of anything is bad for you.

on 8/20/2007 11:10:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This product is okay at best. I love how it feels when it's going on... it feels very cool and almost wet. That's the novelty of it, I guess. The look of it on my face, however, is a different story. It has a bit too much shimmer for my liking, and it's too dark for my super pale skin. There's nothing magical about it as far as I'm concerned.

on 9/11/2007 2:31:00 PM

Surprised to find that it consistently broke me out - Px liquid foundations don't, so I was hoping this would be ok as well.

The wet sensation is gimicky and the 'glow' looked too heavy even with a light hand.

on 8/9/2007 11:23:00 PM

No really sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the texture turns jellyish in humid conditions. My mum bought this for herself and she keeps her products in the bathroom. She kept the cap pretty tight, but I guess some steam still got in, and the product turned into a lumps of jelly. If you squish it, it turns into water. This happened only after a few weeks of use. Why waste money on something like this?

Pros:
Goes on smoothly,
quick and easy,
Doesn't aggravate already sensitive skin,
Good basic coverage.

Cons:
Cakes after a few hours,
Colour kept changing after application,
It sparkled in the wrong light making me look like a five year old,
Makes spots more obvious.

overall: I do like the product and the caking can be overcome by adding more moisturiser but the how glittering thing put me off.