Clinique Happy for Men

Clinique Happy for Men

4.4

on 3/25/2004 2:11:00 AM

i LOVE this scent on ME, but i don't think i'd like it on a guy. i tried to ween myself off of it by trying new fragrances, but i always come back to my Happy for Men! so refreshing, light, energizing. i get lots of compliments on this (although, stranegly enough, they're mostly from women), and people are always surprised to find out that it's a men's fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think my boyfriend would accuse me of trying to 'queer eye' him up if I were to purchase such a thing for him. The campaign for this was bad and the scent doesn't get much better.

I really love the smell of Happy, and was very interested when they came out with a men's version. The packaging is really nice, and it does have some of the inspiration of the original Happy. But it misses the mark for me. It has that ozonic undertone that's so present in Issey Miyake and CK's Crave. I've also never received any complements when I've worn it. It certainly has a lot of staying power, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

Ironically, wearing this scent makes me angry for some reason.

on 3/5/2004 12:43:00 AM

My husband was talking about some guys at work that always smell really "clean"...not that my husband isn't technically clean, he is well groomed, but he didn't wear any cologne (this is the man who uses shampoo to wash his face). So when I brought him home a sample of Happy for Men - he said, "that's it! my clean smell!" It smells fabulous on him - its a nice well-groomed scent for everyday...my nose was VERY sensitive during my pregnancies but I always loved it on him!

on 2/16/2004 6:43:00 AM

one of my favorite men's fragrance.
reminds me of some fun time.
i like Happy for Men way better than the original Happy. its got a little bit of kick to it, which is its hidden(?) spicy note that lasts long. Happy for Men doesn't seem like anything extraordinary at first, but got me 'addicted' to this distinctive scent while i was still trying to figure out why i like it so much.

Okay, I feel a bit stupid admitting this but I wear this..I love Happy FOR MEN..there, I said it! Lol, anyway, I had been wearing regular Happy for about 2 years and was getting a bit sick of it..so I went to the counter to look at Happy Heart but it was waay too sweet and floral for me so I picked up happy for men thinking that maybe I would get it for my boyfriend..but it is soooo pretty (and IMHO not very masculine at all..this should be a unisex scent)..I have had about 6 of my friends smell it and have them tell me their opinions on it before I tell them it is a men's scent and they all loved it and thought it was a very nice (not masculine) smell : ) it is also cheaper than regular happy (men won't pay as much for these things as women, lol)...so yes, I wear a man's scent but is so nice on me, and it also deepens happy and happy heart if I wear them together...if you like this scent, don't be afraid to get it! I don't think I would like this on a guy (certainly not my boyfriend) but I guess that depends on the guy (and the guy's girl, lol)...is my signature scent and I love it!
ps- the girl at the clinique counter said that women do buy this for themselves (she was wearing it right then too) : ) it's also not as common as women's happy (esp. if mixed with another happy scent) if you don't want to smell the same as 10 other ppl within 100ft of you , lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day because the bottle that he already owned was almost gone. I love the way this smells on him. It smells so fresh and light, not heavy and stinky like some fragrances for men can be.

This is my BF's signature colonge and I love it probably more than he does! I think even a girl could get away with wearing this! Very citrusy and light. He has to spray it about 4 times before I can even smell it, so sadly it is almost gone only a couple months after I bought it for him. I think it's totally sexy and would reccomend it to anyone!

on 1/14/2004 1:49:00 PM

I smelled Happy on a guy in the street and asked him what it was....I immediately bought a huge bottle and gave it to my boyfriend....he hates cologne and wouldn't wear it at first but now he loves it and wears it all the time...(for the last 2+ years!!)I love it!!

Popular Fragrances