Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 1/2/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so happy to find a foundation that matches my skin. I am a fair girl and this foundation matches so nicely. I used to use Bare Minerals but, I turned out to be allergic an ingredient in there regular foundation so I tried the matte foundation and I broke out constantly. I moved to Everyday Minerals from a recommendation and it is awesome. I don't have huge breakouts anymore and I don't have to mix two colors to get my skin color like I had to with bare minerals. The other cool thing is everytime you order from the site you get 5 free samples of the color foundations. I like this because in the summer I am darker so I can find colors to match or have backups when I run out and need to order. One sample container lasts like 7 days too. Also this foundation is only $12 campared to bare minerals you are saving a lot and you could buy two for the price of a bare minerals. This does have a little less product then the b.e containers but not by much. This may not be for everybody my sister love her Bare Minerals and broke out when trying to use Everyday Minerals but, shes been using bare minerals longer then anyone I know.

on 12/27/2010 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Found a colour match directly even though I have very fair skin! It looks really natural on the skin, but I would have wished for a bit more coverage. It tends to flake a bit around the dry parts of my face. Even though these small problems it's the best foundation I've ever tried and it help my acne-prone skin to stay acne free which is great! Oh and the container last forever so it's well worth it's price!

on 12/11/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everyday Minerals is my favorite brand. I'm fair complected so it's hard to find a foundation that matches my skin color. I didn't have any problem finding a match with Everyday Minerals. I have a lot of red in my skin and the foundation covers it pretty well on it's own but I also use the mint corrector which you apply first. The corrector covers the red completely so when you apply the foundation the red is completely invisible. The intensive formula is full coverage and it does really well. It doesn't feel "cakey" or "heavy". I have oily skin and I do not have a shiny face throughout the day when using this make up. I own many of their products including eye colors and cheek colors. My favorite combination for fair complexions is the dvr saturday blush with champagne "sparkle" over top of it.

on 12/2/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Reasons why I don't like it:
- Looks powdery (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Pores look a lot more obvious (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Not that great of coverage (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)

I usually use a mixing medium when I apply to get rid of some of the 'powdery' look. I had a hard time buffing it into my skin .. it kind of leaves patches .. I'm starting to wonder if my Physicians Formula and Maybelline Mineral Power was actually better than this ..

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

on 11/18/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I switched to liquid make up for a bit and when I started using my EM again I realized how much superior it really was. I've run out of my intensive formula of linen that i use as a base to blend with other formulas and colors, and since using the matte/semi matte/glo formulas I have to say that this one is by far the best. It has better coverage than most of my concealers and i think it covers better than full coverage foundation because you can pick a shade that is not orangey and adjust it as you tone changes. I recommend buying the intensive in a lighter base color that's very neutral and mixing it with samples you may get of different tones and shades so you can adjust it as needed. Lasts a long time this way! The only con is that it is so messy.

on 11/12/2010 8:57:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, my HG! Feels great on my skin, it looks natural, easy to find a match for my skin tone, it's really cheap and it doesn't make my skin look oily during the day. I get good coverage from this foundation, and it's doesn't take a lot of product for me to get the look that I want :)

on 10/31/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My Holy Grail--a god send! This is the only brand of foundation that has been able to hide my acne! For bad acne days I layer this little by little using the Bare Essententials Full Flawless Face Brush. For a less powdery finish I swirl the brush in the foundation first and then lightly mist the brush with Fix+ by MAC.

No other liquid or mineral brand of foundation hid my acne. I became very depressed and didn't want to leave the house because nothing concealed it. I no longer have that issue!

P.S. I'm olive skinned like some Latinas, biracial, middle eastern, and Asian girls. The color I use is Olive Medium.
Extra tip: For red inflamed acne days I use the Mint concealer by Everday Minerals BEFORE I apply the foundation ;)

on 10/12/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for 2 years or something like that - always get back to it! I have tried many different foundations/powder - Loreal, Maybelline, Kanebo, Clinique, Mac. I love how this just melts on my skin, and the color is perfect, I use olive medium ( NC42) Just ordered a new one + finishing dust and some couple of samples.

on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used Bareminerals for about 5yrs. I was Fairly Light. I use this in Fairly Light Neutral (which is a bit darker than BE fairly light). I have been using this for over 6 months, I'm not exactly sure of the date I started I have since made 3 purchases from the website so it must be a while. I'm still on my first full container of the base but I needed some other things.

I really like it better than Bareminerals. It doesn't cause cystic acne and I don't think it makes me break out. I do suffer from mild acne but this doesn't make that worse. I feel the coverage is very good. I also have redness in my cheeks and it completely makes that go away. It's not the best at concealing scars left behind from acne but I think I look very natural and I get more coverage than I ever did even from liquids (Revlon color stay did not give me this much coverage).

This feels really smooth on my skin. I don't feel itchy or irritated like I did with BE and other liquids.

I love the container, even though I hated the sifters from BE I like this. It's very wide compared to BE containers and I use the lid a lot for mixing and packing the brush with product.

You really can't beat the price and quality of this product. I waited a while to review and I honestly have found my HG.