MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

For very oily skin like mine, Studio Fix Fluid is pretty much the only long-wearing/non-irritating foundation, even in the humid summer. By 4 p.m., most foundations have long disintegrated. I can still see Studio Fix, or rather, it still covers my blemishes and imperfections late into the day. It's really amazing. Yes, it feels slightly thick when I apply it. I just bought a foundation brush. I'm hoping I can apply the foundation a little more lightly without sacrificing the long-lasting coverage. I'll let you know.

The cap fits tightly on the bottle. With some foundations, like my Estee Lauder Double Matte, I always end up with foundation oozing from beneath the cap, which is messy and wasteful.

Updated 11/12/2006
I want to point out that the MAC Studio Fix Fluid isn't smothering like the Estee Lauder Double Matte. With the Double Matte, I felt like I had a mask on. The Studio Fix also goes on easier. The Studio Fix has a thinner consistency than Double Matte. Studio Fix is definitely the better foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been wearing Studio Fix Fluid for about a week now, and I'm loving it! I used to wear MAC's Studio Finish Matte foundation, which was discontinued, and Studio Fix Fluid is a nice, if not better substitute.About my skin: I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I would be shiny about an hour after doing my makeup, and lots of things break me out, but Studio Fix never did, that is why I decided to try the Fluid. I'm currently taking Accutane, and my skin has dried out, but I have noticed lots of foundations go weird on me now, including several MAC and even Bobbi Brown. Not Studio Fix Fluid! It goes on smooth, is easy enough to blend, but you do have to work quickly. I have also noticed that it covers pretty well, while still looking natural, and has great staying power... I am very curious to see how it will be on me when I'm off the Accutane, and the oiliness returns.Color: The color range in these foundations is YELLOW! I am normally an NC20 in all MAC skin tone products, and I needed NW15 on this foundation. You cannot buy this whithout testing it and being color matched!Bottom line is that I'm really loving Studio Fix Fluid. It has stayed and performed well in hot 100+ degree weather, while sweating, over different sunblocks, and with and without primers underneath. MAC has a winner here, and I'll definetly repurchase! continued >>

Finally, a foundation that actually covers my rosacea without that heavy, mask-y look. I've tried many foundations, low and high-end, and wasn't able to find good coverage and a matte finish. I knew my search was over when the make-up artist applied Studio Fix Fluid. He used a brush and within seconds, my skin looked even and polished. He tried my usual NC 30 as well as NC 25 and decided he liked the NC 25's coverage better. I've been applying it with a foundation brush and only need a little to do my entire face. If you use too much, it tends to settle into pores and make you look as if you're wearing too much pressed powder.

I took off a point for packaging. Come on MAC, you know this should have been in a pump bottle! I paid the extra three bucks because I can't stand regular bottles. Ick! Ladies, give this one a try (especially if you have rosacea, oily or combination skin.) So far, I've had no breakouts from this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! I've tried several MAC foundations in the past, but most of them still got shiny in my t-zone even with a primer but this takes the cake for my normal/combo skin. It looks natural matte, not flat, and stays that way better than most any other foundation I've tried. I top it off with a dusting of Blot Loose (or Pro Set ~ they're almost identical) and I'm good to go with less touchups or blotting than before.
Colour matching can be a little bit of a hassle, but worth the time to get a good match. I've been matched as a C3 with Studio Fix powder and in Hyper Real the NC300 works well (though I do find it just a bit too 'shiny') but in Studio Fix Fluid I ended up with NC37. NC30 actually looked darker and a bit more 'olive' and NC35 has a nearly imperceptible stronger yellow tone than the NC37 (which has what looks to me a hair more peachy than yellow tone than NC35, but *very* subtle!!) Even the MA agreed the NC30 looked darker than NC37. The store has great window lighting btw... It seems to be a great match and in natural lighting looks the right shade. I might even try the NC30 in the summer (or try a sample).
I'm really pleased also at how natural this looks, particularly after a light buffing. I've read the the #116 works well to apply and it does! I've also buffed with a kabuki after applying and it's awesome but even without a brush, the finish is beautiful.
Wow, I've been knocked out of my rut! I didn't expect to love this so much but I do! Thanks MAC!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the studio fix yesterday in NC37 because that is what the girl on the counter told me that matches my color..I went home and tried it on my whole face. Although it looked OK at home with inside lighting, when I went outside with a mirror my face looked orangy. I decided to return it today and got NC35 because NC30 looked too yellow on me...I still was worried about the color because it was only one stepped down from the original color I first bought, I thought maybe I will have to go with NW's instead. The girl at the counter told me to get NC35, so I told her that I might be back to exchange it..Well I will not exchange it because it seems like it is the perfect color for me. I can't believe what a difference it is from NC37 to NC35. I love the studio fix, it is great for oily skin. It is matted but very moist to put on. It is not drying at all, and you don't have to touch it up for a very long time. Its coverage is great and believe me, I have several acne that needs to be covered. What I like best of all is that it has SPF protection, and the price is cheap. I had brought Lancome foundation 6 months ago. It cost me lots of money and it didn't have an SPF protection at all, and it was matted but very drying on my face. And I have bought other foundations at drugstores that have melted off my face. Hopefully I don't have to edit this message and will continued to be happy with this foundation...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have I finally found my HG foundation? So far I think I have! I had a Culture Bloom make-over Friday and absolutely love this foundation. I was wearing NW20 in Select SPF15 which I felt was a little too light. The NW20 in the Studio Fix Fluid seems to be a perfect match for me. I have sensitive, prone to break-outs, oily skin and with the new Loose Blot Powder on top I only needed one touch up yesterday and had it on for 12+ hours. I have tried so many foundations over the years looking for the HG and have always been so disappointed, finally I have found one that I love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I wear an NW20 in Studio Fix Fluid as well as the others so I don't understand how people can say it's running dark. Like any formulation - skin type and prep may alter the colour a bit. The key to this foundation is only applying a LITTLE bit. Start in the middle of your face with a tiny amount and blend outwards. Don't cover your whole face like you would normally - it's a beautiful finish and looks more natural. Some people may want (or need) to cover their whole face and they can, but the trick is still to use a tiny amount - a little goes a very long way. Perhaps if someone is using their regular colour and applying too much it may look unnatural and a lighter colour feels better. If applied sparingly, you should be ok with your natural colour. A definite repurchase!!

This is my one and only. Doesn't make my skin break out, doesn't streak, matches to a T.

BEST foundation I've ever seen! I've had no luck with getting my color or getting good coverage until I decided to check out the MAC counter out of sheer curiousity when it opened in Filene's. The people there are all so great and so helpful. I really felt beautiful after I got this makeup...which lasts forever! I'm so impressed and intend to stockpile before I leave for school.