Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 3/2/2017 2:57:00 PM

I have sensitive combination skin and am constantly trying new products to find "the one" to help with problem areas and still hydrate my dry, flaky areas. I purchased Aztec Secret a while back because of all the amazing reviews and because I believe in all natural products. First off, in order for it to work you need to combine it with Apple Cider Vinegar and secondly, it gets messy! Although my skin felt clean after, it was very drying and made my flaky areas even worse. It also has an unpleasant smell that I had a problem with. Facials are supposed to be healing, fresh, like a DIY at home spa treatment. No secret here, I think you get what you pay for which is a cheap product touting amazing results that wasn't a winner for me.

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)

on 2/19/2017 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying so many prescription creams etc that didn't work for me I decided to go with a more natural alternative. I bought this after reading rave reviews basically everywhere. I have comedonal acne as in closed comedones, tiny bumps everywhere which are very difficult to get rid of. Many reviewers that had the same problem as me said that this has helped them get rid of it, and i figured it wouldn't hurt to try, but i was wrong.

I've used this quite a lot, I would say more than 15 times. I mix it with organic ACV (with the mother in it) so it turns into a paste like texture, I then leave it on for like 15-20 min, until it dries. The first times I've used this I kinda understood the hype, after washing the mask of, my face was red as a tomato, but after the redness faded my complexion looked so much better, my skin was more even, pores were smaller and I had somewhat of a glow afterwards. But as far as the closed comedones go it was a disappointment, maybe because my expectations were really high, I thought this would help clear them or at least draw them to the surface, but it didn't do any of that. I still kept using it though, maybe once or twice a week, I wanted to give it a fair chance, I thought maybe it requires more frequent uses to make a difference, I mean hundreds of reviews can't be wrong.

During the time I used this the most I noticed I was getting more and more closed comedones, so i started to cut products that I suspected, moisturisers, serums etc. I introduced a lot of new natural products at the same time which in hindsight wasn't the best. I didn't stop with the aztec mask right away, I really thought it couldn't be because of the mask, it was supposed to get rid of the bumps not cause them.

Anyways I stopped using everything basically, only using hemp seed oil as a moisturiser, after a while my closed comedones were slowly but surely getting better, I definitely wasn't getting any more of them. So at this point i decided to reintroduce the mask into my regimen (I still didn't think it could be causing the problems) and after a few days I noticed at least 10 more closed comedones on my chin and jaw area. So I think it is safe to say that this was the culprit. It unfortunately didn't work for me, personally. The cons definitely outweighs the pros, the closed comedones takes forever to go away and nothing seems to work to get rid of them. I gave the rest to my sister, she has a completely different skin type and it seems to work just fine for her. We are all different, just because it works for a lot of people doesn't mean that it will work for all people, unfortunately.

PROS:
inexpensive (5 dollars at iherb)
tightens my pores
brightens and evens out my skin tone
made my skin feel clean and smooth right after
lasts forever (I've used it a bunch of times and its still almost full)

CONS:
caused closed comedones on my skin
difficult to remove
made my skin really red after (fades after 30 min but still)
very drying (moisturising after is a must)
messy and can clog your drain
smells bad (not unbearable but not pleasant)
uncomfortable (pulsating feeling)

In conclusion, if you are prone to closed comedones beware, this might make your skin worse.

on 1/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Review #1. Used it for 3 weekends (once a week) and still see no effect. There was an initial breakout when I used it (not too many but I can feel the bumps) Not sure if bumps and pimples are work stress-related. Will post an update here after I use it longer

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a heavy duty exfoliator for me. It's extra effective at refining skin texture. Just make sure you don't use it too often (I'd say once a week is enough) or you don't let it sit on your face too long. I did, and it made my super oily skin flaky and super dry ...not cool at all.

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

THE BEST MASK EVER! Let me give you some background on my skin. I was on a course of antibiotics and another medication for personal health reasons for about 8 months. I had no idea it would destroy my gut flora (good bacteria). Man I had the worst breakout in my life! Deep painful cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads. I stopped the medications. For a year I tried different things to get rid of my acne. Nothing helped my skin until I started taking probiotics to repopulate my stomach with good bacteria to get my hormones in check. A month later I started using this mask and OMG it has helped so much!! It brought clogged pores to the surface. I started off doing it twice a week but cut back to once a week because it dries your skin out. Just apply moisturizer afterwards. I mix one tablespoon of the powder with one tabelspoon braggs acv, adding more or less of each to get the right consistency. Make sure to use a plastic spoon and bowl. I leave it on for 45 min then wash off with warm water. My skin is left smooth and soft. It's been about a month using the mask. I don't breakout anymore just the clogged pores coming out. I still have acne marks and hyperpigmetaion but I'm fine with that. I'm so happy I cured my acne naturally! No need for accutane, birth control, proactiv etc (: I found my holy grail mask!! Totally recommend it and probiotics if you're dealing with digestive, hormonal acne.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow,no words to describe other than it really does the job!My skin feels clean and supple.Ever since i started using this clay mask i don't get breakouts as often as i used to. I strictly use this mask twice a week,and YES IT IS THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL FACIAL MASK! and BTW I use apple cider vinegar to mix the clay;half and half.