Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/7/2017 12:12:00 PM

This is a powerful mask and I don't recommend it to the most sensitive of skins. When I started using it, I had very durable skin and I thought this was definitely on the strong side.

The price is great and it definitely gives your skin a good clean. I like how it stimulates the blood flow on your face. I almost used to use it as a good exfoliator because it leaves your skin very smooth afterwards, like it's taken away the top layer of dead skincells. I would then use another mask (the Elemis Lavender Repair Mask) and I felt like it sunk much better into the skin and calmed my face down even more.

However, I wouldn't say it does miracles. It did not cure my acne - I actually hardly noticed any difference on the spots and actually worried that this mask was agitating them even more. It did not make all my blackheads disappear. Maybe it made a slight difference, but nothing noticeable and nothing like what a good BHA does to my skin. I would also be cautious to have it on for too long as it can cause whiteheads to rise to the surface. Before using this, my forehead wasn't one of my problem areas, but because I had this mask on for too long (around 20 minutes until it dried), my forehead became really spotty and the only thing that calmed it down was tea tree oil.

These days I only use it on my nose if I want a good spring cleaning on my nose.

I love to use this to reset my skin from the chemical it gets from all the makeup and skincare. Definitely detoxifies the skin and leaves it clean. I would recommend to use an extra hydrating moisturizer tho as it tends to dry out the skin after use. This mask is best mixed with apple cider vinegar AND honey.

on 8/17/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask because I can spice it up with tea tree oil, honey, coconut oil or whatever I feel like! It doesn't include lots of chemicals. Just apple cider vinegar and clay. Boom. I love the coldness of the mask when I put it on, kind of like a mousse. My skin feels so soft after. The only negative is taking it off! Plus it can get itchy as it dries. It gets really hard and cracked so taking it off is a bit of a chore but overall I'm pleased with this product.

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

on 8/2/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This clay do what it claims: detoxfying your face and letting your pimples out. However, note that too much of this breaks your skin out. I have irritated skin and breakouts so I use this occasionally. And no, after taking it off, I don't see any smoothness or what. It's just more whiteheads coming out. (Bcoz it pulls everything out). But that's basically it.

on 7/2/2017 9:48:00 AM

Of course, nothing 100% works on everybody so I figured I should give the 'other' kind of review to help those who might be a little fearful of how this thing might be too good to be true.

I've very acne-prone, sensitive skin and this mask did as promised and as everyone's raving -- gunk out, healed pimples yada yada yada. I decided to stop after four months of weekly masks because I had a face FULL of scars that I was still patiently waiting to heal, while newer pimples were still coming to surface.

This was the process with EVERY pimple: mask > all sorts of things come to surface > pimple pops (on its own) > pimple heals, bumps go down within two weeks or so > blemishes left > still waiting to lighten after three months

I understand that the skin requires more time to fully heal, but imagine this went on four months in, and my face was at least 50% clearer before I started this mask. Even with moisturizer.etc and even when I had the best concealers on, my skin looked so torn apart, dull and was obviously begging for a break. I took that as a sign to stop.

My suggestion is that if you've a very bad case of acne, don't put all eggs in one basket: try it out on one spot for a month or two before deciding if you are able to commit. This is a cult product because everyone can claim its detoxing effects; it breaks everyone's face out, it heals everyone's pimples -- but the aftermath is subjective to your own skin.

I'm now working with my dermatologist to clear everything up and have used the mask in different areas as I don't wanna waste it. I've found that it works very well on the armpits (all the gunk's out in 20 mins!) and gets rid of dead skin on the body, so rest assured nothing's gonna go to waste regardless ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has done wonders for my skin! I use it once a week and it shrinks any existing pimples, prevents breakouts, and cleans out my pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, which I love in a mask. It also fades my dark acne marks. It won't make them go away after one use, of course but it will help them heal faster. The only problem I have with this mask is that it can be a little painful when it dries. It feels as if it is pulling and tightening my skin. I can stand the feeling but towards the 10 minute mark it can get intense. But, for what it does to my skin I can endure the uncomfortable feeling for 20 minutes. I would recommend this product for people with acne and occasional breakouts, you will see amazing results.

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

on 6/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Everyone raves about this product but I don't see the reason to by this somewhat expensive clay. I made the mask but afterward, my face felt splotchy and red and stiff. A few days later my face felt fine and my acne substained, I just could not give any more stars than what I have given just because of what happened afterward.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product because it was recommended to me by a friend. When I have a breakout, I use this and my pimple eventually dries. This product can dry your face so much so use it with caution. 3/5