Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/15/2003 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My friend bought this for me for my Birthday in Ballerina, since I've been doing Ballet since I was 4. It was a nice glittery pink in the packaging... when I first put it on... just a little water-like fluid came out that smelled like cherry... it was all seperated... so I shook it up and then the actual color came out. It looked nice on, but it was really gritty and the smell started to annoy me... after school, my friend and I played with it and put it all over our hands. Hmm... I'm not impressed by this gloss, but I'd buy it again, maybe.

I have this in paper doll and chandeler. I like paper doll better which has a clear pink tone and glitter. I lasts long and is very thick. A+

on 5/2/2003 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this wasn't too bad, but not great. first of all, i don't care for this type of applicator. so, i'm not 18 anymore and i do have a few fine lines around the mouth, so when i use this type of applicator after a short time, my lipline all but disappears and the gloss is everywhere. i prefer a wand gloss or a brush. the actual quality is fine, i like the shade and it does last okay for a gloss. the smell and taste are strong, but that doesn't bother me. in short if i use a good lipliner with it, i'm okay. i wish there were more colors, where i am i've only seen 4 shades and only 2 i could use. i'm not too dissapointed for $3. and i still LOVE the creamy and smooth jane lipsticks.

on 4/28/2003 3:58:00 PM

I bought several of these lipglosses. I was not impressed. They are shiny, but they last about a minute on your lips. Also, they all had cloyingly sweet scents. Usuall, I like that, but the overall feeling was that of using bubblegum chapstick. I would much rather use the Wet and Wet gourmet lipglosses. The scent and flavor is much nicer and the texture is so nice (like jello).

on 5/9/2003 2:34:00 AM

I have these in Ballerina and Paperdoll, both which have glitter particles in them. Ballerina is pink with glitter and Paperdoll is clear with glitter.
The texture feels quite thin on my lips and the shine doesn't last very long. The glitter also makes the texture feel extremely gritty.
I do love the scents though, Ballerina has a sweet cherry scent and Paperdoll has a 'bursting berries' scent, which I think smells more like watermelon. Relatively cheap so I would probably try out others.

on 4/28/2003 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought "Splash" which was a nice color, but it was gritty, didn't last long, and applied unevenly.

on 4/8/2003 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in Chandelier. Well its no MAC Lipglass, this is decent lipgloss for the price. It doesn't last that long, and the glitter is a little gritty, but it adds a good shine and sparkle to the lipstick under it, its moistizing and I like the taste/smell. It reminds me of Bubblicious in Watermelon, a nice comforting childhood tast/smell. I like to layer it over Jane Lucky Star lipstick or a glittery Maybelline Wetshine lipstick (like Drippin' Honey) for a very sparkly lip.

This gloss is horrible! I don't know what happened to this stuff, it feels very gritty on your lips and lasts only 5 minutes! If you don't even talk this gloss may stay on, but even then you'll still have to apply it very, VERY frequently. Spend a little more money and buy the Enticemint from Sally Hansen or for color go with Maybelline's Lip Polish. Not even worth the little money you pay for it, save it instead and buy something with more quality!

I bought this in Clearly Pink, and the major reason I disliked it was because its color, which was neither clear, nor pink, but purple. The texture is alright, kind of oily and almost like vaseline, and it delivers very little shine. I was disappointed by this gloss, but I'd be willing to try it in a different color.

on 4/14/2003 9:02:00 AM

I love these lip glosses! Be warned, though, there is a lot of variation in the line. My Clearly Pink and Paper Doll are quite thick, whereas Splash and Chandelier were very thin and watery. There are a lot of nice colors and I like the sheerness of the glosses. Also, the glitter in Paper Doll and Chandelier aren't as gritty as some in other glosses I've tried. Maybe the glitter is smaller here??