Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

on 10/22/2017 3:39:00 PM

Excellent product. I have combo dehydrated skin with it being oily in the summer. I’ve always used face wash that was for oily skin and in turn was over drying my skin making it oily but very dehydrated. To remedy that, I have started using Cetaphil and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It has rebalanced my skin. I use it without water in the morning. I rub all over my face then use a warm wet face towel to remove. At night I remove makeup with a micellar water then go in with this. I will not be without this now.

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try Cetaphil after reading a lot of positive reviews about it. This is a very gentle facial cleanser, and I do not smell any fragrance on it. Before buying this cleanser, I always thought that this is a kind of face wash. Turn out, this is not a face wash. I read on the packaging that this cleanser can be used on dry face, or wet face, which I think is a good idea. I have flexibility to use it on dry or wet face. I use this wet after I remove my makeup with my cleaning lotion. However, I have to say that this cleanser is not for me. This is way to gentle for my preference. I prefer to remove my makeup with cleansing balm or cleansing lotion, follow by foamy face wash. I like my facial wash have a little foam when I use it. I will finish this off, but I don't plan to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.