Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dehydrated/combo skin (oily t-zone, dry af cheekbones) checking in. I wanted a gentle cleanser to ensure my natural oils aren't stripped. This cleanser has gotten rave reviews.

Pro:
- Didn't break me out
- Yes, it is gentle and did not strip my face of its natural oils
- No scent, great for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Doesn't really clean... lol
- SLS (which isn't a con if you don't care)

The rating is 3/5 lippies because the product is simply MEH. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better. I found other cleansing products that cleaned my face/MU while still keeping my face hydrated and doesn't break me out (protip: Albolene is an amazing hidden gem if you're looking for a gentle moiustirizing yet CLEANS!).

I wouldn't repurchase and I'd recommend other gentle cleansing creams/milks before cetaphil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know how I have not reviewed this already - Cetaphil is my holy grail gentle skin cleanser. I have combination skin which is slightly sensitive and Cetaphil does not leave me feeling oily, dry me out or cause any irritation. It also helps clear any breakouts I may have. I use it after taking off my makeup with Micellar Water, and Cetaphil helps remove any lingering makeup as well as the daily oil/dirt buildup on my face. This is a very reasonably priced product, even in Australia, and a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts a very long time. When I use this cleanser, my skin feels clean, fresh and looks less congested than when I use other cleansers. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, I believe it would suit most skin types, including sensitive skins. This product is a staple for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

on 8/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about a year, and this is what sparked my interest in skin care in the first place! It's a very basic cleanser but it does what it's supposed to do and It's very gentle with no scent to it. It helped clear up my skin and even after one year of exploring other products I still stick to it. It doesn't remove makeup very well on it's own and therefore I recommend it as a second step after an oil cleanser (I use the Muji oil cleanser) or for use in the morning. It doesn't dry out my face which is good, and it's very gentle for sensitive skin. Another plus is the great price and easy accessibility (Sweden). Only downside is the fact that it doesn't remove makeup on it's own and the design on the packaging is really boring. But overall a great basic product!

on 6/26/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is very, very mild. I only use this in the morning after waking up, it's a good way to cleanse your face when it's already free of makeup or gunk. This will NOT remove makeup or even deep dirt from a long day, this would be a good product to use after a micellar water has been used or in the morning when you just need to refresh your face. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and feeling plumped.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My sister suggested this to me but I don't see the hype. It's ok. I use this and black soap and personally I like the black soap way better this just seems like it sits on my face. This clogged my pores bad. It feels like a residue is on my face

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so gentle I nearly feel my face still the same old dirt after cleansing with it. The texture is a gel cream& do not have any foam. I transfer some in a pump bottle& mix with water to get a foaming texture but it is still so thick though. Terrible for oily skin& really useless.

on 6/25/2017 4:01:00 PM

Perfect for combination to oily skin... after I started using this I notice that my skin looks better, with less imperfections... I definitely recommend this