Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice gentle cleanser. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm over the super foamy harsh stripping cleansers from my teen years for good. I want to treat my skin with kid gloves now. This removes excess oil and makeup at the end of the day and can be used in every season without overdrying. But I do use Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad first so that I get every ounce of makeup off. The combination of these 2 products makes my skin baby soft!!! I highly recommend them both together. In the morning, I rinse again with Cetaphil alone to keep my oily skin at bay and it works to keep it balanced.

on 8/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This does not work for acne prone skin. It didn't make mine decrease or make it worse it was the same as before I started using it and after. It is however, a good makeup cleanser for stubborn eye makeup. A white thin gooey liquid. There is no smell to it which I like. I would recommend this for people with dry skin and not those who are acne prone like myself.

on 8/25/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried this many times due to the hype but finally realised that it is just not for me. If I use this my skin starts to clog up.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more