Orly Bare Rose

Bare RoseBare RoseBare Rose

4.4

on 4/3/2007 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is, as others said a clear hot pink color that gives the nail beds a warmer healthier look. I find it does not really tint my white tips too much, just gives them less of a stark look if I'm using a white polish. When compared to Beverly Hills Plum I find this to be more of a hot pink, with BHP being a more "rose" color IMHO. I love 1 coat for a natural looking nail & 2 for an almost "fake gel nail" look.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't purchase Orly shades in Germany, where I currently live, so every time I'm back in Israel with my family I nearly run to the nail polish display at the drugstore to check out new Orly shades. "Bare Rose" is a translucent pink, which is, incidentally, my favorite way to wear nail polish - a few thick coats of translucent pink. I'd been using a few similar colors from Maybelline and Manhattan during the summer months, but both are too bright for colder weather, the weather which is now sweeping over Germany. "Bare Rose" is the exact adaptation of the pink translucent look I would have wanted for the fall and winter. It's strongly rosey but very soft and feminine, not only will I repurchase, I am going to go back to the drugstore to purchase a backup before it's sold out. As always, the package quality is great - big and round, with a rubber grip handle. Thumbs up, orly! Can't wait to try this with a french manicure.

on 12/16/2005 8:01:00 PM

Orly Bare Rose is part of the French Manicure line. Bare Rose is an almost transparent, soft rose pink, nail bed shade. In the bottle it appears transluscent, but it goes on super super sheer. It gives my pale beige pink natural nail beds are "healthier pink flush" look. It's almost clear, so I'm left with a YNBB look. This is the shade I reach for when I want a very clean, understated, natural/sporty look that still is very polished/professional appropriate. I use only 1 coat of Bare Rose, for the most natural nail color look. The transparent pink makes my natural free nail edges look brighter. A quick swipe underneath the free edges with a white nail pencil, is a great FAST way to get an "American Manicure look" w/o all the fuss of painting on free edges with polish. **tip on using white pencil: for a more natural, consistant coverage with pencil, I quickly rinse my hands under cool water, after using the Flowery pencil. It cleans off any white marks off my skin, and somehow distributes the white pigment more evenly under the free edge! The white pigment lasts easily through several soap hand washings on me.**

I think Bare Rose is esp good for those with very pale nail beds, or with beige to peach nail beds. Girls with very pink nail beds might not do well with this shade, as it would make your nails look more red-pink? There are warmer pinks avail that pink nail bedded girls might like better.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this!!!! i think its going to be an hg! this is my first orly polish because i tried finding Essie's Cherry Pop (another translucent pink) and couldn't find it locally, and didn't want to pay so much for OPI's translucent pink (the store i found it at was selling it for $10 USD), so i opted to try Orly. IM SO GLAD I DID!!

Bare Rose is a translucent pink, PERFECT for french manicures!! i have very very pale pink, unevenly-colored (some parts are actually lighter than others) nail beds, and Bare Rose not only gives my nailbeds a wonderful pink color with 2 coats, but actually evens out the color of my natural nails so it doesn't look lighter in some places. i tried it out only on one finger so far. i used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow on the tips, then 2 coats of Bare Rose just on the nailbeds. and OMG looks sooooo good!! i cant wait to do a "for real" french manicure tomorrow with this!

the reason i tried it out on one finger was that its really pink in the bottle so i was afraid that if i covered Alpine Snow with it, the white would turn pink. and it DID. good thing i tried it =) so Bare Rose is strictly on nailbeds only when i do a french manicure.

highly recommend this!! =) and i found it for only $4.99 =)

Popular Polishes