Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

on 9/6/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my best friends used to wear this, and it smelled great on her. This is a big, friendly, kind of bosomy perfume, very sweet and powdery with no sharp edges. It's also loud enough to smell across a crowded, smoky room, so apply lightly.

on 7/21/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to love this, I get many compliments and on the right person it is a very sexy scent but on me there is a metallic chemical note which just annoys me and gives me a headache, others compliment me on it but I personally dont like it on me. Faraway from avon has similar orange flower and vanillic notes without the chemical smell.

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

I have worn JPG Classique EDT on and off for years. My other signature scent is Chanel Allure. Lately, I have been searching for a new scent to replace it - but nothing really comes close. I always come back to it. It's soft but it lasts on your skin, it's sexy but not too 'in your face'. I get compliments from men and more often women when I wear it. Gotta say - it is my number 1 choice when it comes to perfume. Note - the EDP smells way different and I don't like it... gives me a headache and smells a bit off... stick with the EDT!

on 5/4/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This little beauty has bumped out ysl's cinema to be my new favorite vanilla. It softens sooner to just a gentle gourmand vanilla on my skin after the initial blast of notes. Love it.

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

The bottle I purchased has a fancy, sexy pink lace wrap around it. I find the scent heightens the senses, in a very unusual way. Hm, and a very surprising hm too. This fragrance to me, is a work of art. I can tell a difference between this and other fragrances. The difference for me was how it makes me feel, not just how I technically smell.

on 3/19/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Okay....well I happen to like this on me. I find it to be a very, sexy and heedy scent. Other women like this on me as well because everytime I wear it they ask what I am wearing and tell me they love it. On the other hand....my fiance can't STAND this on me. Everytime I spray this he will say to me shortly after (not knowing this is what I have on), "What is up with you? You smell like a old lady!" Well, needless to say that kinda takes my love for this scent down quite a bit. I have a whole bottle almost still and I DO like it so I think I will wear this to work and surely will NOT wear this around him! Really sad because I was hoping he would find this as lovely as I do but he doesn't....

on 2/27/2011 3:40:00 PM

What a lovely fragrance,one that keeps you smelling your wrist,could be used in Autumn/Winter or maybe Spring. A bit too potent for hot summers. Love the bottle and staying power. A very sexy fragrance that people often comment on.

on 4/2/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't see what the fuse is about over this perfume. It smelled like bug-spray to me, very expensive bug spray.

What is this stuff? It smells absolutely horrible and is headache inducing. I've never smelled anything like it. Like a stale lemon verbena weakened with toilet water. It also made me sneeze like crazy, which is strange as I never have bad reactions to perfume except to crinkle my nose in disgust and turn away violently.

Popular Fragrances