L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush
L'Oreal True Match Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent FlushTrue Match Super-Blendable Blush - Innocent Flush

Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide, Alumina, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Silica, isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.May contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Red No. 7 Lake, Ultramarines, Red No. 36.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

According to the L'Oreal True Match scale I am a C1. Despite the fact that this particular blush is suggested for a N3-4 I decided to get it anyway. None of the colors that were designed for me really tickled my fancy and this one just kept jumping out at me. I was really excited but unfortunately this blush fell short of my expectations. Even though it was designed for someone with a darker skin tone then myself I really felt it had minimal pigmentation and hardly any staying power. Its very pretty bright peach in the pan however I can't seem to make this guy work for me :/ Perhaps next I will try Precious Peach (N1-2) but I think that will be the last chance I give to any of the L'Oreal True Match line.

Rating: 3
Price: 2
Package Quality: 2
Buy Again: No

on 6/26/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush looked very pretty on the shelf, but not so nice on my face. The colour looked bright and peachy in the store, but when I applied it at home, it just blended into my face and gave me a slightly red yet muddy look. Also, at almost $12, it was a bit pricey for a drugstore product. Will not repurchase.

on 6/23/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm an NC 40-42 and I really wanted a peach blush, so I bought this. It does not show up on my skin at all! If I layer it heavy enough, it looks kinda pink but still hardly any color there. This is better for lighter skinned girls.

on 5/21/2011 2:36:00 AM

I absolutely love the color of this blush on my skin when I've used St. Tropez bronzing mousse! This plus a little bronzer and I've got a perfect peachy glowy summer complexion :) I'd definitely repurchase. This is my new HG summer blush.

on 5/19/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to be in love with this product. I bought it back in 2008, and I'd still be using it....if I hadn't dropped it and cracked up the compact powder disc. :( So I was forced to move on from the perfect matte blush and I tried to replace it.
I immediately headed to the cosmetics L'oreal aisle at Target the first chance I got. From five feet away I could tell that they had completely changed the color of my beloved Innocent Flush shade. Panic-stricken, I decided to ignore the obvious differences and bought a replacement anyway. To my disappointment, the color has been made so sheer that it didn't show up at all on my fair skin. Fair is putting it mildly. On the most transparent bit of my pasty white skin, all I could see was a complete mess of glitter. This was no "youthful shimmer". It was glitter, and as glitter often does, it had spread like the plague in a matter of seconds.
Needless to say, I was irritated. I'd spent $9 on a product that used to have some quality. Since then I've been on the hunt for that original peachy pink color in a perfect matte form. Unfortunately, the makeup world seems to be obsessed with glitter for the moment. I did manage to stumble across the N.Y.C. brand at Wal Mart. They have a lovely Cheek Glow Powder Blush line that is completely matte. They are sheer, build up very easily for those who want more pigmentation, and they have NO GLITTER. Did I mention that they cost $2.74 each. Such a steal. The brush is pretty darn cheap, but I have no problem using the old brush from my original L'oreal package. I was torn between the Riverside Rose and West Side Wine colors, both of which would perfectly suite my skin tone and closely complement the first Innocent Flush color. In the end I went with Riverside Rose, which was only slightly more peachy than the Wine color, both were pretty neutral. I am pleased to report that when I placed it next to the broken shambles that remained of my beloved first blush, it was a perfect match. In the store, I based the decision on which color most closely matched the flush of the palm of my hand. So I think that's a good general rule for finding the perfect shade of blush.

on 4/12/2011 5:11:00 AM

I just got this not too long ago. I had some CG blush in a fairly neutral tone, but found it didn't build up well enough and I looked too pale. I also had a Merle Norman blush in a bubble gum pink. I got tired of the bubblegum colour.

I'm fair with a fairly neutral skin tone, leaning slightly towards a cooler tone. I haven't even looked at the brush this blush comes with, and just used my own. It gives a great flush that's the perfect colour. I'm the lightest colour in the Lancome Teint Idole line, and this doesn't look too harsh. It's going to last a long, long time, but I'll buy it again.

on 4/10/2011 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although this is a nice drugstore product (one of the best drugstore blushes I have tried so far), I probably would not buy it again solely because it is not as good as other brands such as NARS, MAC, etc. I hate to be a snob, but that is just my opinion. I don't think that the pigmentation is as good as some other brands, and the texture is a bit chalky. Also, during the day my cheeks get a bit more oily and this blush just kind of fades away. So, I would say it lasts about 5 hours on me. Overall, this is really not a bad product for the price. I just wouldn't buy it again because there are better blushes out there.

on 3/14/2011 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This blush reminds me of Benefit Georgia Peach but with shimmer. I absolutely love this blush and I have NC40 skintone (W6 in loreal). I think coral colors look scrumptous on medium skintone. I can see it wont show up nicely on darker skintones, but it creates a perfect coral shimmer flush on me. Anyone giving this blush negative reviews, remember that with any lighter blush shades, you still have to contour, so I contour my cheeks with matte brown bronzer and then dust layers of this blush and it gives me a youthful appearance to my face. Most pink and reddish blushes are extreme for daytime and can look too unnatural, but this just is a great shimmery young flesh coral epitome of the j.lo glow. I had actually a girl stop in me in the grocery store to tell me she loved my makeup and what was I wearing. The texture of the blush is very suede like and not chalky at all. And the best part of me trying this was because ulta was having a buy 1 get 50% of loreal sale, and i have $4 off any 2 loreal products so I bought this blush for $9.99 and then true match concealer at $4.49 (1/2 price), then I used ulta coupon for $10 of $3.50. I paid $6.98 for both concealer and this blush. With coupons this blush is affordable drugstore product.

Nooo! So underwhelmed. The color in the package is beautiful - a gorgeous coral-y peach. However, there's really so little color payoff. I notice that others have said that and chalked it up to their tans or olive skin tones, but I'm a PPP and really can hardly see this color on my fair skin. I'd be ok with that if this color seemed to be buildable, but it's not.

Additionally, it's waaaaay too shimmery. Sinks into pores. Too shiny + too little color= yuck. Disappointing!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this blush is BEAUTIFUL!!! i was browsing around walgreens & this plus the precious peach caught my eye. love how it isnt glittery or shimmery that i can tell & if it is any kind of shimmery then it is barely there. Innocent Flush brightens up my whole face (NC25). A soft pinky peach that is decently pigmented so you can build it up. The packaging is ugly though. Not crazy about the scratchy brush but it does the job if need be. $10.99 at walgreens but I also spotted it at Walmart for just $7.00!
UPDATE: I finally made my rounds thru my blush collection and am wearing this today (11/13/11). I am reminded why I bought it. Beautiful ...definately without a doubt MATTE neutral peachy pink blush. Its pretty much the perfect go to blush without any annoying shimmer or glitter which I'm hating right now because it gets all over my babies when I kiss them. I got this back in January/Feb just fyi. I dont know why people say there is shimmer in this because there isnt. My eyesight is fine and I am not hallucinating. I noticed people mentioning that they might have changed the formula so that might explain it.