Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

I have oily cheeks and nose,and I just didn't think it was that awesome. I oil blot anyways and the Intensive foundation holds up really well to oil,so I guess this just wasn't even necessary. I put it on and I didn't see any noticeable delay in my oily appearance.

on 12/14/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this product, really controls shine.

I don't use this over my mineral foundation. I find that it works better over a tinted moisturiser, which really helps to cut that greasy look.

In the Try Me Kit, EDM sends you the Finishing Powder, Kaolin Clay and Natural Reflections. Natural Reflections, which making my pores look smaller, is not good for oily skin. It also has a strange tinge of colour to it that did not sit well with my skin. Kaolin Clay does nothing to control oil, even though it's supposed to. The best is the Finishing Powder, controls oil and does not interfere with the base colour.

on 9/2/2009 11:59:00 PM

This powder is the first mineral one that didn't make my face oily until I removed all my makeup (not that I wear alot). I didn't like the BE one, because after a while, it made my skin look really oily. If you like shiny makeup that slightly looks oily then BE powder might work for you. Today was the first I tried this for the whole day and it worked well. I think the price is okay for the quality but I don't like the container. Powder goes everywhere after each use. I will update for further review of the product..
9/16/09EDIT: still lovin' it =) ladies, if you have dehydrated combo skin like me, try this!

on 9/5/2009 11:41:00 PM

I am a loyal Sheer Cover user for a year now , and I've always hated their ordering process and shipping fees. It's a rip off and the shipment is so confusing and inconsistent. After hearing the raves about this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. I ordered samples for free and only paid $3.00 for shipping. The best part is, my package arrived in 3 business days!!

I tried the Winged Butter Original glo today with Finishing Dust and I am impressed!! I love how my skin looks and Finishing Dust made all the difference because it minimizes my pores especially on my nose. I am placing the full size order now.

UPDATE: This is making my skin too dry in the fall, I can't imagine using this in the winter.

on 8/28/2009 4:12:00 PM

This is an amazing product!!! I used to use BE Mineral Veil, but this product is much better (and much cheaper)!!!! Gives my skin a flawless finish, and provides great oil control - highly recommend!!!!

It is a decent setting powder for makeup. Makes yr face flawless and it does help to control shine. However, the packaging is reli bad. It can be very messy.

For reference: I'm using the original, non-tinted version. For foundation, I'm currently going back and forth between EDM Matte foundation in Buff Fairly Light Neutral and Sally Hansen/Carmindy in Ecru Beige.

Price: Pretty darn cheap. It could work out to around four or five bucks a pop, if you get the 12-piece kit and stock up (though I haven't actually gotten twelve at once... eight, though, yes!).

Packaging: More portable than my beloved Sally Hansen Loose Cornsilk powder, I can carry this around with me for touchups as needed. They recently added a swivel cover to their sifter jars, which definitely helps prevent spillage. Granted, it is a bit bulky, but I've also decanted it to an empty Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil sample jar for use when I know I'm going to be carrying a smaller bag.

Texture: Extremely finely milled, and feather-light. It's not only good as a setting powder, but also for touch-ups; it doesn't cake-up, and it's not so heavy that it rubs off my makeup (which tends to happen with a lot of powders on me, and is extremely annoying).

Look: Matte finish, but extremely fresh. It's easy for me to overdo the powder (darn that pesky combo skin), but this never actually looks as if I'm wearing powder-- just looks like great skin. Surprisingly, I actually think this works even better over top of my SH liquid than it does over EDM. Either way, though, I love the fact that it's versatile enough to work well over both liquid and mineral foundations, so that's a bonus in my book.

Will I repurchase? Yes, and have. I'm just fervently hoping that EDM never discontinues this! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently got a sample of this from EM online, because I was in need of a decent powder to set my makeup and control shine. I really like this powder so far. It does a nice job of setting my makeup, and control shine pretty well (I have an oily T zone). I did notice one day after a few hours my face started to get a little oily, but not too much. This translucent powder is finely milled and leaves my skin feeling velvety. I think I will repurchase in the larger size when I run out.

This powder is fantastic. Sometimes I don't wear any make up but I brush this over my face. I always look great in pics when I have this powder on, my skin (with a little redness in the cheeks) always looks smooth and even. Never seems to wear off and sets the rest of my make up well when I do wear more.
You can't beat the price and the ingredients are healthy. I think this is a great company.

this is my #1 favorite product. i used to use Bare Mineral's mineral veil before, but not anymore.
this Finishing Dust is way more work wonder! it absorbs oil completely. morning fresh look stay till the end of evening with this finishing powder. i'll buy this again. definitely =)