Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.3

This mascara is just mediocre to me. It provides good lenghtening but not really a lot of volume. Its good for an everyday look, but I prefer more dramatic looking lashes. I like that it comes with a primer because it doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day. However, having a 2 sided tube makes it a bit difficult for application. I have a lot of trouble with the wand getting my inner corner lashes. If you put too much on it does tend to get clumpy. I prefer maybelline's colossal (minus the smell) to this so I won't repurchase. It might work for you if you like a more natural look or just want length not volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had been using the original one for years until this one came out. Does just what it says..makes your lashes INTENSE! I think it takes awhile to get used to using this one and that's why lots of people don't like it, but if you use it right, you can avoid clumps and get the most gorgeous lashes. I have tried many other mascaras and haven't found any to lengthen, add volume and curl like this one. Never smudges no matter how long I wear it either. It was my HG mascara..until I found the new XXL Pro Bold by Maybelline recently which I find does all the above but BETTER and bolder.

on 2/19/2010 10:52:00 AM

i would say it's one of the best mascaras i've ever tried. it holds curl, thickens and lengthens, and lasts all day. i suggest curling lashes beforehand, then apply the product. wait for the product to dry, then curl lashes again, which will make them more curly since the lashes are more "stiffer" from the mascara, and since they're dry, there is less chance for your lashes to stick to the eyelash curler. some people have reviewed this product and have said that it clumps, and it does a little, but run your eyelashes under an eyelash comb and you're good to go. i think its worth giving it a go.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is amazing. Seriously, hand down, best drugstore mascara I have EVER tried.

For me, it holds a curl, and lengthens incredibly well!!! If you can't afford your higher end mascara, or just don't have the time or whatever to go get it, drop by your local drugstore and get this. I buy in "intese black" (it's often sold out at various CVS' in my city)

It would be almost identical to that YSL gold tube if it thickened better/ was more volumizing, and if the damn tube didn't dry out so fast (lasts about a quarter of the time a YSLgold thing lasts for me before drying out)!

The primer helps the mascara go on evenly, and helps lengthen... meaning I really do appreciate the primer!

The packaging is average. It's easy to put on, doesn't smudge, the brush/applicator is decent...

Overall this mascara is a gem in a sea of mediocre drugstore mascaras!!! Staying power is great. Application is easy (applies evenly). Holds a curl. Doesn't clump.

Only minuses:
dried out REALLY FAST (ridiculously so, almost)
For the pace at which is dries out it's almost worth it to just buy the Diorshow or YSL or Lancome, etc., etc.,... it's practically equal. However it really is a fabulous mascara!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

WOW!!!!!!! This stuff is FABULOUS!

My bare eyelashes are long and naturally curled, but sparse in some bits.
Intense XXL makes them look uniform, gives the right amount of thickness, and gives the impression that I used a curler because they're reaching out to my eyebrows like never before. I love it, I don't need more makeup than this for daily use.

No clumps (even if i keep passing the wand over and over), very nice definition, no funky smells like other mascaras, and most importantly, they make my eyes POP!
Also, if i screw up and paint my eyelids, it is extremely easy to remove with a q-tip.

Completely worth my 5 dollars. I'll be sticking with this one for some time.

I really liked this mascara because it not only volumized my eyelashes but it also lengthened them! My only complaint was that it was a little hard to take off.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

this is awful, it smudges a lot..
this worst thing is...it's impossible to remove without an oil based makeup remover, i was running around with a black mess around my eyes in my house to find smth to remove it...definitely not a good experience.

on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever come around before my Smashbox. But due to my decision to only buy cruelty-free products (and the fact that it seems to have been pulled from production in my country) I stopped using it.

I have short and very straight lashes and the white primer lengthened and curled them really well. This worked so well on me though, that I only used the primer for party looks because it could get a bit extreme for my everyday look.

The black one didn't disappoint me either. It curled and lengthened and evaded spider eyes. Just what I'm looking for in a mascara.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off I would like to say I love maybelline. Even when I can't find a foundation in my color I still love the blush's and mineral veil powder. So I did not hesitate to try this mascara since I heard good reviews about it from the gurus on yt.
I like the primer and mascara duo. Though you get less product, you DO get a primer, which is GREAT. And to have it all in one product save a bit of space in my mu bag. I never had problems with it flaking, and the consistency is just right to work with when layering you mascara.
I was in a rush because my husband was nagging me to leave. So I quickly w/o looking grab the brown/black. ewwww, I need black mascara for my eyes.
It did not hold a curl but I LOVE how it did give my lashes a full affect. One think I hate about the primer is after it dried you lashes become stiff.
BUT the BIGGEST down fall of this product is that when I take it off at night it burns my eyes, if some happens to get in there. I never had a mascara burn my eyes! So yes I DID keep it cause it cost me 7$$ and I HATE to waist money. It's my every day mascara just cause I want to use it all up. I think I will stay with my Almay mascara for now. >.<

on 1/17/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

decent mascara still duno if id run out and buy another tho.