Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 9/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

I bought 2 trail sizes (0.5 oz each) at Sephora for $34 instead of a full size 1 oz for $38, why they price them that way I have no idea. Same amount of product for $4 less. I use 1/3 of a dime size and then foundation over it. The foundation last all day....even in FL weather, it's amazing. I have no breakout from this product, maybe because I use so little? As with other reviewers had said, the correcting really don't help much with toning down reddess, but it's okay. I still love this product.

on 8/15/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product doesnt do much in the way of colour correcting for me i have red cheeks so the MUA at Smashbox recommended this for me. Its a lovely primer goes on smoothly dries to a velvety finish and does extend the wear of my makeup, its just a shame it doesnt do what it says. Saying that i would repurchase because it is an excellent base for makeup!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the 2 worst primers I have every used (and what's worse, I bought the full sized bottle!) I was hoping this would neutralize the redness in some areas of my face (around my nose, mostly). Well, it didn't neutralize anything at all but it did give an unholy, sickly cast to my face and when I attempted to put concealer or foundation overtop (realizing I couldn't just wear this on its own), it balled up and made things even worse. Dreadful product - I would have expected more from Smashbox (more fool me; the other "worst primer" was their original one - also purchased in a full sized bottle). The only "good" thing I can say about either of these primers is that the packaging (pump bottle) is excellent you don't end up pumping out more than you need.

on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I find that primer are not anything special, this one included. I have oily skin with some acne and redness, which is why I bought the green primer. The redness is reduced a little bit after I put the primer one, but not the acne redness only the general discoloration. This would mean great things for most people because they might not put on as much foundation, but I don't find myself putting on any less, and if I put on my foundation without the primer it covers the redness just as well as the primer does. Point: it makes little difference in my make up routine when it comes to redness. It also makes no difference in combating oily skin (at least for me and I am VERY oily). The texture isn't bad, not too greasy , but I do find myself using too much because a little doesn't blend very far. I will probably not purchase again because it makes too little a difference for the price.

on 8/14/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in the green since I have redness on my cheeks, around my mouth and on my nose, and it works wonderfully. It feels greasy and liquid-like when you apply it, but it dries down to a powder like finish, which I really like. I use tinted moisturizer as my foundation, so using a primer for longevity isn't worth it, but the fact that this helps tone down my redness is wonderful. Sometimes I have to layer it in order for it to block out the redness, but that doesn't bother me that much. I bought the travel sized tube, but it was still so expensive! I'll probably look for something better and cheaper when this rube runs out.

on 6/27/2011 1:20:00 AM

I prefer this primer heads above the original Smashbox primer formula. It goes on much more smoothly and had a much lighter feel to it, in my opinion. This primer feels very velvety on my skin (thank you, silicone!) and my skin doesn't feel oily when I wear it (a big achievement!). It's never broken me out, which is a huge plus, as well. It makes my makeup last all day and into the night, and keeps it up from sliding around on my face, which is a problem for me and my oily skin.

I find that I have to apply this to a completely dry face, having moisturized a fair bit beforehand - otherwise, it can ball up a little bit or create bit of flakiness during the application. Generally, this seems to be my experience with most primers - moisturizing well in advance is always key to a great application.

Finally, the color-adjusting properties of this primer are pretty so-so, in my opinion. I do find that this evens me out and can dull some of the redness (ie. around my nose, chin and cheeks), but the effect is very subtle. Still, a bit of adjusting is better than none! Overall, I like this primer and am likely to continue purchasing it - it's the best one I've come across so far for my skin. I recommend buying a trial size first before committing to the large size, as this product seems to work differently for all skin types.

on 5/1/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

definitely would not re-purchase, it does a very minimal job on correcting redness. I think this has a much higher rating than it should since people are rating the product on it's primer properties (which are good) and not on the purchase that this particular one is meant for, for correcting redness! It made my skin look maybe 10% less red, nothing major and definitely not worthy of the high cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily/combo skin with redness, it does not do much in terms of color correcting, and i dont know if it's because of the way /amount of producting im using, but it just balls up and dosen't settle into my skin, After trial and error i have realised that when i wear this primer, my makeup melts off even quicker, and my foundation goes on patchy! this product simply did not work for me

on 6/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

Went on beautifully. Broke my skin out horribly. This is the first primer I've ever tried and to be honest I'm now of the mind that I won't try another.

on 4/9/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the green Adjust from Sephora (wanted to try it before I bought it). It did an "eh" job at covering the redness in my cheeks, nose and chin. I applied it with a brush as I didn't want to use it all over my face and it balled up or pilled everywhere I applied it. It was kinda gross. I felt like everytime I applied it, half would ball up and fall off. I don't think I would ever actually purchase this product.