Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

I received this powder as a swap item and I really love this. It really helps control oil and prevent breakout. I just hate the packaging just a little bit messy when I apply it but overall it is definitely worth trying.

on 6/23/2010 11:34:00 AM

I ordered this item from www.beautybay.com from reading the reviews on here. I paid 9.75.
I mainly wanted it to dry up current spots/help prevent new ones and held reduce shine caused by my very oily skin.
I've been using it for a few weeks now. I first tried applying all over after foundation with a brush - i didnt even attempt to use the puff that it came with.. i threw this away as its rather messy and takes up alot of product. I didnt find that it controlled my shine much, i use it in conjunction with Kryolan anti shine powder, which i find it more effective than normal pressed powders. I then decided to dap on individual spots with a cotton bud, i found it to conceal the spot and redness and also dry up the blemish. I feel that my skin has cleared quite a bit as a result and its definately less bumpy (not as many spots noticable under the skin). I feel its worth the money spent as should last quite a while, although the packaging doesnt make it great to carry around in my makeup bag..but i only put it on in the morning when doing my makeup.

on 6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love love love love love this powder! This keeps my skin germ and blemish free and does not clog my pores. Also causes any redness to disappear and keeps my skin looking even toned. The color never shows on my skin and it stinks like sulphur but thankfully it fades quickly. The price of $12 is a steal since only a light dusting is needed. Really great product!

on 6/8/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder. I use this to set my liquid foundation and then dust a little studiofix over it to really even out my complexion. My acne has significantly improved after I introduced this to my daily routine and it also does a really good job at absorbing oil, too. My only complaint is that the packaging/application isn't exactly friendly for throwing in a purse to do touch ups. I wish there was also a pressed powder version of this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, and I get it cheaper offline. I don't remember the exact cost, but it takes a while to use up so you get your money's worth. You don't need to use a lot of it at once. Anyways..

I wasn't using this powder a whole lot, in fact I kinda forgot about it while using my cheaper d/s acne spot gels etc. I started getting some clogged pores, not exactly zits, but just tiny little bumps on my forehead and randomly on my face, so I brushed just a little of this on under my m/u, or you can do a little over m/u too. I only used it for a day, but I definitely see an improvement- the bumps are almost gone. While nothing is a miracle worker, I do like how it goes on translucent and is a powder that you can work in however you want. I think it's also important to note that less is probably more with this product since it may be drying. I definitely like using this as a treatment for my skin. I think I would re-buy it, but thankfully, that won't be for a long time! Great alternative to acne medications that take too long to dry.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is average at best. With all the reviews on here I was definitely expecting something better. I have oily skin and I thought this might be my miracle product to tone down the oiliness, but it's nothing more than a regular powder. It gets my skin really matte when I first apply it, like any other powder, but then my oily skin kills off that matte look within an hour or so. Nothing special. It didn't do much for my acne either. What I do love about it though is that the color doesn't show up on my skin too much and it really helps conceal redness and for that first hour after I apply it, my skin looks really nice and shine-free. But again, overall it's decent, but I usually go for drugstore brands with my makeup and this is the first time I bought a brand like this, and online too, because it had such good reviews! I ended up paying somewhere between $15-$20 with the shipping and all, and it was not worth it. I'm not going to buy again for that money, but while I have it, it does have some good qualities, just not good enough though.

on 1/24/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My 1st review, and decided to review on this as i pretty much cannot live without it!
It controls oil/shine pretty good, i only need to start dabbing on my face like 6-7 hours later instead of just 3 hours after.
Controls a little of redness, and dry out pimples quite effectively. I dust it all over my face sparingly before putting on my foundation. Won't be able to see the yellow tint at all.

Would definitely buy this again when it (finally) runs out!

on 1/10/2010 12:50:00 PM

add my rave to the list...this was suggested to me by an online friend...freakin' fantastic at keeping oilies at bay, especially on my shiny happy forehead. the puff is useless--i use a powder brush to apply all over for oil-control (the Cover FX Cream Foundation Brush works faboo) and a small concealer brush to spot treat. dums down redness, no odor and considering how large the pot is and how little you need, a fantastic deal...really liking Badescu products these days...

I cannot live without this powder, and don't know how my skin survived before I discovered it. A few months ago I bought a whole bunch of Mario Badescu products because I kept hearing about how wonderful they are. While I can't say much for most of the other things I bought, the Special Healing Powder is perfect for skin like mine. About 30 minutes after washing it my skin starts to get really oily in my forehead and chin areas. I dab this powder all over my face lightly after I apply my coverup and foundation, and I don't have that problem anymore. It makes my skin feel soft and as long as I don't sweat too much at work it lasts throughout my workday. It's such a relief not to have to constantly worry about how shiny and greasy looking my face is. The packaging could be better - when you buy it take the puff right out - definitely don't store it in the jar or you'll have a mess on your hands. I just apply it lightly with the puff or a really soft kabuki brush everyday, making sure I blend it in completely. I've been using it everyday for months and still have almost the whole jar. If you have any problems with oily skin, I would definitely try it. It's not very expensive and it'll last you a long time.

on 3/29/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Description from Mario Badescu:
Heal and conceal acne breakouts with this specially formulated, Sulfur based powder that absorbs excess oil and reduces redness and irritation caused by breakouts. May be applied to skin to help control surface oil, disinfect and calm acne prone areas. Works wonders to quickly dry up open, infected pimples.

How to Use: Dust the powder sparingly on irritated, excessively oily areas of the face a few times a week or as needed. Avoid eye area.

Beauty Tip: Dust lightly on post waxed or shaved skin. Apply with a cotton swab to infected or raw, erupted pimples to speed healing process. Tap a little powder into your loose powder and dust over make-up to stay shine free all day.

Ingredients: Talc, Kaolin,Calcium Carbonate,Bismuth Subgallate
**********************************************************
My experience has been fabulous with this! My results have been entirely the same as the description they give---this product works hard to combat shine, blotchiness and keep trouble spots under control. It helps heal blemishes amazingly fast, and keeps others from erupting.

You can use this alone, before or after makeup, in your makeup---it's extremely versatile! I have been lately applying only concealer to my spots and then lightly dusting this over my trouble areas in lieu of full face makeup.

Though: I HAVE tried it under my foundation before, which wasn't my favorite because my skin was mattified from the powder---so the liquid was a little hard to work with. But possible.

Throw out the puff it comes with and use a fluffy brush to apply this with, and a concealer brush to dab directly on the spots. A little goes a long way and I wouldn't expect to get through the jar in a year though I use it everyday!

Try this, and you won't be sorry :)