NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

This is sooooooooooooooo pretty! I've been on a "red" blush kick lately, and this is one that's high in the ranks.

I apply with a small foundation brush and finish buffing it in with a small duo fiber. It is very sparkly but do some good buffing and it's very subtle. I'm sure you could build this up, but it comes out very sheer on my pale skin. I usually set it with the TINIEST bit of Illamasqua's Panic and it wears all day.

On a side note, it looks AMAZING on the lips!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Amazing colour! Pigmentation is not too extreme, therefore I love it, it keeps the flush looking natural. Blendable and definitely buildable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I give up with Nars blushes, I really do. I absolutely loved the colour of this - and I could even handle the obvious gold sparkles - but the formulation broke me out. This is the first cream blush that has done this with me - I've used cream blushes by Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder with no problem. The colour itself showed up as a medium bright red (with very slight pink undertones) on my NC40 olive neutral skintone. It was bright, but used with a light hand it was flattering, and a change from the natural/pink based blushes that I normally used. The only problem with such a bright, uncompromising colour was finding a matching lip colour, as nude and the mauve/brown-based natural colours I usually wear didn't look quite right with it, and I don't wear bright lip colours. So these two factors meant that I never used this much anyway. I've had my blush for almost three years now as I can't bear to throw it away, but now it's developed a rancid smell, so I guess that I should...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE the color. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! tried it on, and just fell in love.... problemo: can't wear glitter at work. DUH! this would have been HG, but just like the reviewer a few below, found a matter version of this by BE. (See my photo for swatches)

on 4/22/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This blush is beautiful, it is the perfect flushed color.. the only thing unnatural about this product is the huge gold sparkles on my cheeks. I love the NARS blushes because they are a cream to powder consistency. This would be a HG product for me if it weren't for the huge gold sparkles that appear all over my face after application. If you can handle that then check out this blush, I will probably be returning and looking into macs ccb in virgin isle

on 4/10/2011 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have read a lot about Cactus Flower as a go to blush, but never paid it any mind. My Sephora consultant reached for it and I thought, "What the heck". This blush is totally gorgeous. I wore it on a night out and it gave me such a bright and fresh look without being to overbearing. This is from a girl who NEVER did the blush thing and is now in absolute LOVE OVER LUST with NARS Blush. I am an NC42/44 mix in MAC Studio tech and MUFE 170 (freckle face lady :-) )

on 3/10/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

tried this on yesterday at bloomie's. went straight to the nars counter intent on testing deep throat and cactus flower. the only nars blush i wear and adore is "gina". cactus flower is a bright pop of fuschia, both blushes were beautiful in color. the turn off? the SPARKLES. what the deuce! how can you even wear this during the day without feeling like you are 5 years old? this is night time wear and even then, i already have enough shimmer on my eyes or with my highlighter, i dont need it all over my cheeks! it turned me off SO bad that i ended up going to the bobbi brown counter and bought my blush there. i dont mind shimmer but when its ALL that you can see, no thank you. i looked at my face and i saw glitter first, not the blush. i want to GLOW, not be a kindergarten art project. also, with a heavy hand, you can look clown like (and im pretty tan!), so be careful since its a creme blush. it was very hard to pass on the cactus flower though...its SUCH a beautiful color. luckily the SA found a simliar color in powder form AND matte over at BB. so pass on this...

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When a NARS artist reached for this blush to use on me, I must have looked at her as if she were crazy. I have super fair, pink porcelain skin (NW05-10, NARS Siberia, etc.), and this blush is orange-RED. Lucky for me, she knew better. I *love* Cactus Flower -- it adds such a pretty pop of color to my cheeks. The best part is that it can actually look quite subtle, too -- by adding a tiny dot of product and blending well, I end up with a barely-there flush of color, rather than looking clownish. As an added bonus, since I use so little, it will last for ages! I use Penny Lane considerably more liberally (which is one of my go-to daily blushes), and I have barely made a dent in that, either. My bottom line: Don't be intimidated by this shade -- while it's gorgeous on deeper skin tones, the very pale can wear it, too! I love it.

I doubt I'd ever need to buy this product again unless it dried up. You really need to use sooo little of it, that it fricken lasts forever. Its a gorgeous blush with a slight sheerness like most NARS blush. It's fairly easy to blend if you don't powder your face first. I love the colour. Really looks quite natural on if you blend it right. Looks like you just came in fromt the cold! And really looks amazing on the very fair.

on 2/19/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

LOVE.....Pure LOVE.

Don't Sleep on this blush!!!!!!.....it does not get the press it deserves.

This blush is to die for.......easy and smooth application. Wish I had known about this blush sooner. This blush was my gateway to the NARS products. I am officially HOOKED! Would definitely re-purchase. 10 LIPPIES