Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 12/13/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

on 11/4/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

very pricey !! Made me sick afterwards !
Ruined my day i was feeling headaches all day

Liquid fairy floss mixed with a bit of patchouli. This is super sweet on me and not particularly floral. Nothing like the notes listed. Very very gourmand. However, I do think it's a well made fragrance. The longer it's on, the warmer and richer it becomes.

In some ways it smells like M by Mariah Carey which I already own. However, while M doesn't smell super cheap, Flowerbomb smells expensive. Quality shows. As super sweet fragrances are not my thing, I'll stick to M for my occasional sweet tooth fix. I don't know if this varies considerably from person to person as I don't know anyone else who wears it.

If it's right for you, great. Not really right for me.

on 8/15/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Flowerbomb "unsniffed" when it first came out in 2006 or 2007 on the advise of a sales associate. She had raved about the fragrance and said if was selling out faster than any other fragrance they had in the store so I ordered a bottle. It was "okay". It was very sweet and on me did not move past the "candy stage" and I did not get anything floral or smell any patchouli. I asked the opinion of a co-worker who has excellent taste in fragrances and he commented he would not recommend to his wife even if she only wore it for a play day. The unanimous decision was the fragrance was for the 20-something crowd so I gave it away. At the time I was wearing Michael Kors and had many people including strangers ask what I was wearing. I've been looking for a new fragrance to add to my collection and saw numerous positive reviews for Flowerbomb so I requested a sample to try again. Flowerbomb is something I have smelled on many young girls and reminds me of highly marketed celebrity perfumes. If you love Flowerbomb wear it. For me, when I walk by someone and they catch a faint whiff of my fragrance I want them to know "there goes a woman".

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Stinky. Smells like an old lady.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

bought a travel size version at sephora it was way too overpowering for even a little spritz, smelled way too sweet and I just felt gross wearing it, honestly I don't recommend this at all.. spicebomb on men however smells amazing (however don't over-do it guys, just a few small sprays and you're good) ended up returning it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Despite the name, as everyone pretty much knows, this is way more of a sweet gourmand than anything floral. There are some indistinguishable florals in the opening, but they soon become overshadowed by a dominating sense of caramel that lasts throughout every single bit of this fragrance's life. Some vague patchouli woodsiness does peep out every now and then in certain whiffs but proves no match for the caramel and other sugary notes. Overall, I feel this is a good transitional fragrance from the young girl transitional sugary/fruity fragrances and body splashes out there for adolescents into the more young adult fine fragrance genre. .But even those in those age groups who do not like the sweetest of sweet fragrance in any given echelon of fragrance, probably won't enjoys this. I see the beauty in this and why it is so touted and popular and why many genuine love it, but it just isn't my personal taste, I prefer deeper, darker florals with lots of wood thrown in, mostly, Like Burberry the Beat and Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud

on 6/3/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Way too sweet. There are some florals in this but it mostly smells like sugar. Might be ok for a teenager but then again they can probably find something much cheaper. A mixture of sickly sweetness and the way a magazine smells when it has multiple perfume samples in it. Overpowering.

on 6/23/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I waited almost 3 months to buy this beauty - and it has been TOTALLY worth it! The first time I sampled it in Sephora...I was REPULSED by it. I had been used to smelling very sharp florals and fruity scents. After a few hours though, the smell began to sweeten and become...very interesting. I'm sure Flowerbomb was the first "deeper" smelling perfume I've ever smelled! I got a full sample and started to wear it throughout the day - and I just fell...hard! I can definitely see how SO MANY are mesmerized by this perfume. It hits my nose and I'm instantly set in my "HAPPY PLACE". For the price I paid, $165 for 3.4oz, I was expecting this to last ALL DAY, which it does not - maybe a good 4-6 hours before becoming a very faint skin scent. But compared to some of my other faves that unfortunately don't last more than 2 hours (Viva La Juicy, Escada Moon Sparkle, Lady Gaga FAME, Britney Spears Fantasy, anything Katy Perry) Flowerbomb is the longest-lasting. I'm sure on clothes it'd last forever, which I've not tried...
But if you're a collector, like me, BUY IT - you will not regret it's beauty sitting on your vanity!! However, if you LOVE the scent, but can't afford the price tag, try Instyle Fragrances Impression of FLOWERBOMB, it's TRULY a dead ringer and only $5.99...you just need to respray more often than once every 4-6 hours! I have them on each arm right now and only detect a slight sharpness (alcohol) at the opening, but when it dries down, it's so super close to the one and only original - only an authority of fragrances will tell the difference!! But yes, do totally SPLURGE and grab a bottle. Your inner girly will definitely THANK YOU :)

on 5/30/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is fantastic, i always get compliments when I wear this! This is definitely my favorite perfume and I don't even bother buying other perfumes anymore because I know that I will always reach for this one!

Popular Fragrances