Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

3.8

These are some of the most intense and beautiful colours I have in my collection! I love how the darker pink accents and intensifies my blue/green eyes. I like to add the silver colour to the outer crease when I wear the dark pink. The light pink works well as a brow highlighter or in the corners. The dark purp shade is really sexy all over or in the crease with silver all over. So many looks with this quad. I think im in love.

on 3/10/2008 10:07:00 AM

I really can't say enough good things about these Revlon quads. I think their quality is so impressive, especially for a drugstore brand. This is my go-to purples and pinks palette. The colors are very blendable and work well together. I use the lightest pink shade as a highlighter in the corners of my eyes, the light silvery purple as an all-over wash, and the dark purple color as a liner. I never touch the dark pink shade. I would prefer a dark gray or black shade in the set (for use as a liner). I use an eyeshadow primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and this shadow lasts all day on me, no touch-ups needed. I've gotten many compliments on my eye color when I wear this quad.

on 2/2/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ever since Revlon repackaged these in a new blister pack (black and white), they must have also reformulated the product. I remember in the past (two years ago), the shadow palette was chalky and had a rough texture. Now, all of the shades (I own five quads) are soft, pigmented, and very easy to apply. They really are perfect shadows--not trendy or shimmery, but still interesting enough so you can do a smoky or strong eye look. I love bold, jewel tones, but I also appreciate the softness and wearability of this line. I own tons of shadows, but I don't own a berry palette. Anything with red undertones makes me look sick, but I am pleasantly surprised that the berry, lilac, and purple shades complement each other. I like this palette for an everyday, easy-to-do look.

I *love* this eyeshadow quad; I have more eyeshadow than I'll ever use (though, of course, I keep buying more), but this is the one that stays in my purse. I use the pale pink as a highlighter along my lashline and on the inner corners of my eyes, and sometimes on my brow bone. I mix it up with the other colors, but often I use the medium purple shade across my lids, with the darker purple along the outer-side of my lids, with a dash of the deep pink in the middle. I also sometimes just wear the two pink shades. The colors are smooth and well-pigmented, and stay on great, as the name says.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I'm in the odd position of not particularly liking pink but looking absolutely awesome in it so I've tried to incorporate more of it into my makeup repertoire.

I like that these colors go a bit towards purple without being boring and mauve-y and there's a nice range with two different intensities of shell pink and two intensities of a more classically berry tone (but with an interesting silver gray undertone to it). Looking at it I find it odd that I don't use the dark plummy color that much as of the four it's definitely my pick, but I suppose that just means I need to experiment more.

Not the best pigmentation on bare eyelids but with a bit of something underneath to grab it the colors pop well enough. Like I said regarding the Spring Moss palate it's not the most incredible makeup, but these are colors I wouldn't necessarily spring for from a higher end line and it's nice to have the versatility for so relatively cheap (especially if you can find them on sale or even BOGO).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For some reason, I didn't like the consistency of this product. For the darker colors, it didn't go on as pigmented as I wanted it to, and then for the lightest pink, it went on too strong and it made my eyelids look like I dumped white powder all over it. I'll continue to use it until I run out but only because I paid for it. After that, I'll look elsewhere for similar colors that will apply better. I did love the sponge applicators that it came with though. I'm glad that it had the double tipped applicator where one side is really skinny for me to use for eyeliner and the wider side for all over color.

on 1/6/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I won't go into describing the 4 colors as other reviews have described them quite well, so...

I have light blue/gray eyes and the violets really compliment my eye color. Don't be afraid of the "hot" pink, it goes on bright but with a bit of blending, it really enhances the two violet tones as well as the pink shimmer. Don't let the two darker, muddy looking shadows fool you-- they are very pretty. They really look better on the eye than in the pan, which is not always the case. There is a shimmer/sparkle to these shadows which I did not notice until after application. Don't let this keep you from trying these, it isn't garish, its really quite subtle and seems to enhance the iris, not distract.

These shadows go on smoothly though I find that the gray-violet and light pink shadows can get a bit grainy and application can turn messy. I have had to sweep off some shadow from my cheeks after applying this. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the shadows or with the applicators. I do not like the sponge tip applicators and have had better luck using Q-tips. In fairness, this is hardly the only shadow, 'high end' or D/S that I've had this problem with.

I often have eye color fade and/or crease on me quite quickly, however this has been an exception to that rule. No, it doesn't last 12 hours, but it lasts at least 6. After 8 it fades but the basic color tone is still there. I still have definition. One great thing about these shadows: they've never creased on me!

Finally, one of the many reasons I like Revlon so much is that their packaging is very good. I travel a lot with my shadows and blushes from this company and the packaging is strong and solid.

All in all, a very good palette of shadows. I highly recommend. continued >>

on 11/29/2007 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I LOVE these colors! I wore them today for the first time and I got SO many compliments! I have to say that i wore them with a MAC paint pot underneath as a primer (painterly) to help them last longer. And they lasted ALL day! I do believe the paint pot made the colors show up more and helped them to not crease. Since i have the MAC paint pot already, these shadows were cheap and worked just as well as my other MAC ones. I will definitely repurchase!

on 1/10/2008 9:25:00 AM

This is a vibrant quad of purples and pinks, with a pale shimmery pink as a highlighter. The colors really enhance my eyes and I get a lot of compliments when I wear the bright pink color. It is very easy however, to look overly made-up when wearing these colors. The bright pink is so vivid that it takes a lot of confidence to wear. The dark purple doesn't have much pigment to be used as a liner and worn on it's own can look bruisey and muddy. The palest pink is very shimmery, the lighter purple grey is a little bland. Overall it is a nice quad, but I won't be buying again. I won't get much use out of three of the shadows, and I'm sure I can find a vibrant pink eyeshadow single somewhere! continued >>

I didn't leave it on long enough to find out if it'd last 12 hours. The colors were pasty and there really wasn't enough pigmentation. They didn't make my eyes 'pop' or anything. They look alot prettier in the pots than they do swiped on.