MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just picked up this shadow yesterday after hearing so many great things about it! It is an absolutely gorgeous pinky orange golden colour. Every angle you turn it changes colour and looks brilliant on my skin tone (NC25). I paired it with cranberry in the crease, sketch in the outercorner and shroom as my highlight and it looked gorgeous. It's also amazing just as a light wash on the lid for everyday. I definitely recommend this to anyone because it is such a versatile and flattering colour.

on 9/23/2012 6:10:00 PM

So, im no make up expert,but ill try to give you my opinion on this .

1)Lovely color. Unique for my country,but heard that there is a cheap wet n wild dupe out there - penny its name- maybe you guys would consider buying the second one instead .

The color in the palette looks like a peachy copper. on my skin (NC20) it could be described as: a medium-toned copper with a golden-peachy sparkle ,WHEN DIRECT LIGHT IS CAST ON IT/ a rose color WHEN IT IS NOT DIRECTLY LIT. I know, it sounds very strange,but mac describes the color as pink with duochrome!

2) Excellent quality, color payoff, application. Typical good ol mac!

3)Im pretty new to this color, for the moment its working great with light beige-peachy shadows, such as naked lunch/all that glitters. Easily pairable with brown and gold shadows, "Powersurge" liner, black liner,black mascara. Sure that there are heaps of other combos.

4) Due to the rosy aspect of the color, make sure to have a clear , even skin, without any redness. Not talking only about the eye area, but also about the whole face.

on 8/19/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Love this color as an every day look with Saddle in the crease. Beautiful pink/coral that blends well and looks good with everything. I really pack it on for a more evening look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My favourite pink/coral eyeshadow. Its warm tones suites asian skintones, and looks incredible when paired with MAC Gleam. Side note: Swatched next to UD's Freelove, MAC is warmer, whereas UD displays more pink.

on 8/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this e/s! This is the PERFECT rose-gold I've been looking for. After having bad luck with Laura Mercier's rose gold metallic creme shadow (didn't show up on me) I decided to try Expensive Pink. I was worried this would turn just plain gold on me (NC30-35) as most rose-gold shadows do, but this stays true to color on my lids. The color is simply stunning and very unique/complex. It's a pinky rose with gold and peach undertones. This is a gorgeous color for summer, I've been just wearing it as a wash all over my lids and it looks wonderful. I can easily transition this shadow to work for fall as well, if I pair it with golds and browns. This is such a versatile, beautiful color worth owning. It is definitely my favorite eyeshadow of all the ones I own!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Expensive Pink is definitely one of MAC's most unique colors. The pink isn't one that will make anyone look tired/red-eyed since it's more of a peach-pink with a gorgeous gold duochrome that complements all eye colors beautifully.

on 4/16/2012 6:25:00 AM

I got this shadow a couple of years ago and I have never really touched it until now as I was afraid it would look really orange and unflattering on me as I am very pale but have warm/neutral undertones (NC15, maybe a bit lighter).

However I am on a mission to start wearing brighter colours instead of neutrals and browns all the time as I have so many pretty colours I never use. I decided to try this out today and I am so glad I did! I wore it all over the lid with Wedge as transition colour, Blanc Type as browbone highlight, Espresso in the outer v, crease and lower lashline with Urban Decay's Sin in the inner corner and lined my eyes with black liner.

It is such a lovely colour that really makes my green eyes stand out. On me it is a corral, pinkish gold. It has a very nice smooth texture as it is a Veluxe Pearl and great pigmentation. Definitely one of MAC's better eyeshadows. I don't think it would be very flattering on really cool skintones though.

Now that I've tried it out im definitely going to be wearing this a lot more over the spring and summer and whenever I run out I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/6/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this. Most pink eye shadows make people look tired and dead , but not this. It isn't as pigmented as I would like but you can build it up. I use UDPP and a pink base under this, this all over, a brownish color outer corner, white inner corner and it looks stunning! MAC is always sold out of this when I go but I check everytime I go to the mall and finally they had it in stock. This is a lovely pinky rose color with a golden undertone. I love that about it. One of MAC's best eyeshadows. Lasts all day and can look bright on neutral depending on how you wear it.

on 5/29/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite everyday go-to eyeshadow color. On my skin, it appears as a pretty neutral peachy-gold color with some shimmer. It will definitely appear different on different people depending on how dark or light they are. Seems to work well with all skin tones, but it has a different effect on each one.

on 6/1/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I bought this I was doubtful that it would apply well but when I got it home and tried it I was impressed. I find that the shadow gives a really nice shimmer and it blends well into other colours, (I tried this out with "Carbon" and "Handwritten"). I think this shadow is great for green eyes which was another one of my worries when buying. I'm glad I decided to invest in this shadow as it's now one of my favourites.