The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Yeah, this isn't a typical musk at all. If anything I think of this as a more wearable white-flowers scent -- which I normally won't go near because they're sickening sweet . But this has the headiness of white flowers without being cloying. It's nothing exquisite but it's comfortable, and I enjoy it's clean-out-of-the-shower-and-a-little-sexy-ness. And its super affordable! And it's one of the few fragrances I've worn - high end, low end or otherwise - that I can smell on my skin after a shower.

on 12/8/2009 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lightly floral and musky, everybody should try this. This scent even fades away nicely, and it doesn't leave any weird smells on my skin as it fades.

Unfortunately, this scent doesn't last that long, despite it being a perfume oil. Maybe because I'm living in a tropical climate. The lasting power of most perfumes (other than super strong orientals) tend to be poor.

This is a scent I would wear to bed on a cold day. It's comforting and relaxing. Not a sexy scent.

on 8/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

I tried this a few times back in my high school days and it never did much for me, for me it was all about the vanilla (still is).
So when I recently got a sample of this, I wasn't very excited. I've been getting into musks in a big way lately and I was interested to see how it compared. It's a nice pretty soft and clean white musk. Its a touch powdery and floral, but it's not soapy which I'm happy about.

on 10/17/2009 1:29:00 PM

One of my favourite fragrances I have constantly bought since junior high school. Love this smell! It is a soft, floral, & feminine musky fragrance that is absolutely beautiful. Very versatile (all the oils are really) as I like to add a few drops to lotions, bath bubbles, and liquid hand soaps to easily fragrance them. Plus this oil is relatively inexpensive and you don't need a lot of product either.

on 8/6/2009 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is actually the first body shop product that Ive tried back when I was a kid.
My aunt bought me a gift set which is pretty much the white musk line.
Wore it and loved it ever since.
I did stop for sometime cause the smell was a little bit too mature for me back then.

But hey. I'm back to it again.
This time. I'm with the body creme. Which is def. better than the body lotion (less drying and better or more mosturizing ingredients)

on 6/15/2009 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am always buying new perfumes on a desperate quest to find something that lasts, smells fresh and is not sickly smelling. For some reason everything I try wears off in a matter of hours, sometimes minutes! Very annoying!
I naturally gravitate towards soap, laundry, baby smells and this oil is all of these, plus it lasts a long time on my skin.
It is cheap too. I doubt I will stop my mad perfume buying, but I really think this scent is gonna be hard to beat.
I love love it

on 6/1/2009 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE the scent of TBS White Musk perfume oil, and I was soooo gutted when I noticed that it irritates my skin very badly! Please PM me, if you can suggest an EdT or EdP that is close to the scent of this perfume oil. I don't think TBS White Musk EdT isn't quite the same which is a shame too.

on 6/13/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most "white" (or clean, soapy) musks, this oil is initially brash and strong, but softens considerably as it melts into the skin. Unlike Kiehl's Musk, which is more floral and slightly dirty-smelling, this musk remains "good" all the way down, but is never too sweet, insipid, or screechy-soapy. Perfect for summer daytime wear or a nice subtle comfort scent. This is unchallenging, but nicer than some other white musks I've tried.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Moonlight in a bottle. It makes you feel like you are floating. Skin absorbs it...your own scent combines with White Musk. When it dries, the effect is very beautiful. On me, it lasts all day. I wear it when I need serenity, not complex, jarring fragrances..(this coming from a girl who adores Flowerbomb!) It's light and airy-fairy.
Citychick1 gave the genius idea of blending Vanilla into White Musk...I want to try this!

I dabble in lots of oils but this has been with me since 1994! i have gone through more bottles of this than anything! other than TBS vanilla perfume oil,this is what i wear most of the time.It is very strong,so i never smell it directly,i apply it to my pulse points and add a bit to my hair when it's wet,after blowdrying it's smells wonderful.It lasts all day,without fail and just gets better throughout the hours.It smells very different than when it is first applied.I have had friends dab it on and say "what is this? ewww,this isn't how you smell!" but then after a few hours they are sniffing themselves saying "oh,i get it now!" i have always recieved compliments on this,especially when it lingers on pillows and such...it's a crisp,clean,sensual scent! the ONLY time i ever got a bad review on this was about 6 months ago when i had a date that went wrong and at the end of the night i asked why he had an issue with our chemistry being 'off' and he said that i smelled like his grandmother! i was angry,but had to laugh! he was a douchebag anyway and i kept my white musk and ditched him.MEN!!!

Popular Fragrances