Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 11/3/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

By The way they make this perfume nowadays,it is barely recognizable :( I am very familiar with the scent of this perfume because I literally grew up smelling it around me , my grandmother,my mother and many other women in my family used to wear it . I bought my own first bottle in the 90s" and I clearly remember that it was so strong that it was impossible to wear more than 2-3 sprays . I also clearly remember that first strong aldehyde scent that slowly turned into a soft powdery clean scent that used to last literally all day long . Later in the 00s" I remember noticing that the scent had become significantly lighter and I had to reapply it 2-3 times during the day in order to last . But the scent was the same so I was ok with it. I bought my last bottle about a month ago and I'm so disappointed:( first of all the actual scent is completely different. Now it smells much sweeter and more floral than soapy and that strong powerful aldehyde note is much MUCH softer. Nowadays they make it ridiculously lighter,you can barely smell it even when you first Apply it . It almost instantly becomes a light skin scent that lasts no more than half an hour. That's such a disappointment . I really wonder why they did that. It's the most iconic Chanel product and they have literally distroyed it

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

on 8/14/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is for the le parfume(aka really expensive version), I really like this except for the price this version is also less common. Also It's not a spray but a dabbed.

This perfume is really nice I do enjoy wearing it out to dinner with my boyfriend. He says he really likes it too.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The smell is ok I just think for being Chanel it would be a lot better. Get Chance by Chanel instead.

on 8/6/2015 8:34:00 AM

This is kind of a heady scent, a little old lady like, but there is something about it that is just so intriguing. I received a second-hand bottle of it, but I cannot help but to come back to it every so often. I like to wear this out to dinner- it has that romantic, old-school going out vibe. Although I certainly appreciate the bottle that I have, I would not repurchase because there are so many other scents I want to try!

on 8/5/2015 11:18:00 PM

I received as a present and was curious to see what the fuss was all about. My mum had this when I was growing up but I never tried it.

I'm sad to say I really don't like No. 5 at all. The scent is way too overwhelming and heavy for me, I only dab a tiny amount on my wrists and neck and it still makes my eyes water. I can't quite describe the smell, it's a bit smoky and woodsy and there's no light refreshing notes to balance out the heaviness.

I love this and I'm only 20. I think it smells so cozy and woodsy on my skin. Also, whats with all the "eww grandma" comments? Thats so rude. Whats wrong with grandmas or old people, we all get old?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this perfume. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy so many bottles! Smells amazing, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, but it does go a few hours for me, longer on clothing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ah the legendary Chanel No. 5

I tried to be as open minded as possible about this perfume, but I just don't understand the hype. The bottle is beautiful. That's the best thing about it. But the smell isn't so great. It reminds me of what elderly women smell like. This fragrance was popular back in their times so this perfume was a hit back then. But times have changed. Women want a sweet smelling perfume now. The only reason I own this perfume is because my mother gave it to me. I only have it on my nightstand as decoration. I don't really wear it. Every now and then I'll spritz some on so I can feel like Marilyn, but I'm not a huge fan.

Popular Fragrances