Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

on 3/7/2009 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this in combination with the foundation and the warmth. I think it settles and smooths out the foundation and warmth, but I'm not sure if it prevents oilyness. I still get oily throughout the day so I'm not sure if it does anything. I just put it on with my other stuff as part of the routine. I've never tried using it on its own. I have the tinted mineral veil so it blends in with my color. Using the regular one makes me look pasty white as I do not need to look any whiter. I think the product is okay, nothing too good or bad about it.

on 1/13/2009 7:02:00 PM

This product is...okay. It is not something I believe you NEED. I bought it, and used it...I didn't like the fact it leaves little glittery things on your face. Not big glitter but a shimmer....I don't want that on my face. If that is what you WANT then it is fine. In my personal opinion this product isn't worth buying. I LOVE bare minerals products but this one just isn't necessary..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Way too chalky for the price! It has a nice cooling effect on your skin, which is nice, especially in the summer. But it's drying, in the end, and made my skin look rather porous and fake.

Being that I had such a positive experience with BEs All Over Face Color in Warmth, and being new to BE, I decided to try this, since I was in the market for a finishing powder. (I am really behind and missed the train when everyone jumped on the BE wagon-and am just starting to experiment). This was not a winner, however. Despite what some others have experienced with it being translucent and airbrushed looking, on me it didnt live up to the hype. I have dry, sensitive skin, and usually use Laura Mercier Mineral powder as foundation, which has never accentuated dryness. After using mineral veil over LM, I noticed it accentuated any rough/dry areas, and even seemed to cause some flakiness. It also looked powdery on me, even when using the lightest hand, and lightened my complexion, which are both negative qualities in my book. I have since discovered MACs Mineralized Natural Skin Finish, which gives me the airbrushed and gorgeous finish I was looking for without all the mess of a loose powder.

on 12/1/2008 11:43:00 PM

I really like this powder! It lost a lippie for the packaging, as I feel most of bare mineral's products are messy to use. However, this does a nice job of setting my makeup. I highly recommend!

on 11/20/2008 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best loose powder ever! It sets everything to stay all day, your get's really soft and it hides iimperfections. The Jar is very messy, and the price is way to high, but other than that this is great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm... what to say, what to say! B/E products make me BREAK OUT... gave me millia (little, hard white bumps-- like hard whiteheads... EW!) and made my skin ITCH like nobody's business.

THAT being said... after all the money I spent on this product, I wanted to find SOME use for it. Being that I have Chestnut-Chocolate brown hair, I am unable to use the "baby powder" trick without looking like Taylor Hicks on a bad episode of American Idol for days I go without a wash. HERE'S where the Mineral Veil comes in! I use this baby with a HUGE blush brush that I don't use anymore to soak up the oils in my hair. Guess what? It blends in SEAMLESSLY and makes my unwashed hair look GREAT again. Would I buy it again? No. But, this works until all of it's used up!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used this because I got the BE bareminerals starter package and this was in it but I think it oxidizes or something which would explain why whenever I have it on, everyone asks me if I have a tan...and they don't seem to mean it in a good way either. I used to like it because I thought it made my blush look more natural but literally every time I put it on I get people asking me if I went tanning because I suddenly look so much darker than the last time they saw me which in most cases was a day earlier....
Oh and it didn't keep my skin from getting oily like it seems to have done with other reviewers, but then again my nose is really oily and I am yet to find a product that has kept it matte.

LOVE IT! Been using this for four years, and it's just the best loose powder in the world.

I am going to give Everyday Minerals a try, because I love mineral makeup, but the only thing about BE I don't love is the price. But if EDM doesn't make me happy, I can always come back to BE.

on 5/2/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was disappointed with this product because I've heard of so many great things about it. When I first started using it, I thought it was great, light and sheer. I do have sensitive skin and breakout easily- thank god I didn't start breaking out, but my skin did become dry and flakey. Sensitive-skin girls, becareful!