Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/15/2006 9:42:00 AM

I have layered hair and sometimes I like to flip the ends, so I need a product to provide strong hold. This did the trick, nice smell, cheap price.

on 2/16/2006 11:29:00 AM

This is a must-have for short, layered hair. I used it when I had a Mandy Moore-styled haircut. My hair is thick, but very fine, and doesn't flip out easily. However, applying this putty before blowdrying made my hair flip perfectly. It washes out and doesn't leave behind residue like most strong styling products do. I found that this doesn't work as well on longer hair or unlayered hair, and I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's a wonderful product overall (especially for the price).

on 8/5/2005 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I know this is basically a glorified gel, but I can't help myself... I love this stuff. It's a little crunchier than I usually go for, but when I need a little extra, non-oily lift on hot, humid days this is absolutely the thing that works. I also like the admitedly synthetic apple-y scent and find that it goes away once everything is dry. I have chin-length wavy/curly hair and these days I've been rubbing it on the tips of my fingers and running it through to get it as close to the roots as possible. Gives a tremendous amount of lift that way and is pretty easy to refresh with a little water if I have to...

on 5/21/2005 12:21:00 AM

What an awesome gel/pomade--yes, you can sort-of use it as both, which is why i like it. This goo, when tousled into my fine, flat hair, gives it volume, lift and control. It is perfect for using with a blow-dryer and a round brush for short-medium styles.

Smells like synthetic green apples, but for a couple of bucks (under 4), I love it. I will never buy aveda's control stick, or their gel again when this is so cheap and easy to get. (Apple scent does disappear after hair is dry, BTW).

Makes my short hair spikey. Kinda cheap for only $2.50 a jar, but then again the $.89 dollar store gel works too, it all depends on how long you want your hair styled. With the putty, I have to apply 3-4x a day to make the back of my hair spikey. Would probably buy again because of the price, but I'm still looking for spike material :o)

on 6/28/2005 8:20:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember SLIME- this is it. An okay, thicker than normal gel, but leaves a dry finish to the hair that gives just OK hold. Best for short hair, used sparingly.

on 5/20/2005 8:27:00 AM

Goopy, sticky, and marketed as having more hold than surf hair. Product is a slick mass of fruit-scented green gel that once in hair just does what an average hair spray would do. Style has no staying power. Ugh.

Did not like this at all. Why use this when you can use Surf Hair.

on 1/2/2005 9:54:00 PM

I would recommend this product for anyone who uses gel. I use this to style and texturize the ends of my short, piecey-y haircut. My S.O. tried my jar once, and switched to using it every day himself. It does need to be washed from your hands. I like the scent, I only smell it during application ...it does not linger in my hair or interfere with my perfume.

on 4/6/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 1" spiked hair, and this goo works the best of anything I have ever tried meeting these four criteria (ranked on a 10 pt scale):

Holds in place:9

seperates:9

touch up (wet fingers thru hair):8

Washes out easily and cleanly:10

Take a fingerful out rub vigorously between your hands and rub it into wet or dry hair.

I have been using this for about 2 years, and although I have tried other things, I always come back to it. Can't beat the price, and the quality. Took one lippie off because the tub can be a little messy.

Popular Styling Products