Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 10/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product is WAY to expensive for the poor moisturizing job it does. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't even feel this stuff on my skin. It just melts away when you put it on and you aren't even left with moisturized skin. My skin felt tight and dry after putting this on. Maybe I was just too sparing with it b/c I didn't want to waste my money away so quickly by using a lot!

To me, the consistency and feel of this is not much different than Clinique DDML in lotion form. This has a slight scent to it (minty....medicine-like). Apparently, it is for extra-oily skin instead of drier (older) skin. For me, it is just ok, but not fantastic. I prefer just the regular DDML lotion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

on 9/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

Good stuff. Won't grease up your skin at all. Provides a very light hydration, with absolutely no oily feel. It is truly a gel, so if you are looking for more moisture, this is not for you. But if you have oily skin that breaks out that just needs a little bit of moisture to keep the skin from flaking and feeling tight, this is it. Smells divine, even though "fragrance free." And not expensive! Pump is very nice as well.

There is nothing wrong with this moisturizer. It goes on smooth, soaks in quickly and seems very light..perfect for summer. BUT..that's it. At this price, it is absolutely NO better than my huge bottle of CeraVe, in fact, it may be a little less moisturizing. Additionally, the pump is irksome. It takes 2-3 squirts each time I need to get some out to get enough to cover my face. I just don't see why people think this stuff is so great. Maybe because of the price compared to some very pricey alternatives it seems like a great deal but honestly, it is just not that special. I'd rather spend the extra money on some great makeup and use CeraVe which I think works great for daytime summer wear.

on 4/21/2013 12:27:00 PM

I've tried many times to like this product but I just don't. It doesn't glid on at all and it does little of anything. It always comes as a frebie gift with purchase. The lady at the counter told me to use it to enhance other moisturizers I use. Why? My other moisturizers have everything in them already. I wouldn't recommend this product. I throw it away when it comes as a gift.

on 3/9/2013 4:23:00 PM

I am using this in the 3 step skin care line. This moisturizer is ok it is quite light but I have combo skin and am sure that in the summer this will be perfect. It leaves my skin super smooth and my MU looks much better smoother and seems to last longer.
Edit: will be returning this system because it is just not doing enough for my skin I can get the same results from drug store brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this feels on my oily sensitive skin.

It wasn't cheap, but is definitely worth it's price.

Very simple, easy to recycle store packaging. Love that it is in a pump - helps me ration it, and I've heard that using moisturisers in jars can lead to acne.

Like anyone, I want to keep my skin healthy and youthful. As I went into my 30s I noticed a couple things:
1) I still had oily skin and it seemed that seemed to get more pimples than other women my age.
2) I didn't seem to have as many wrinkles as those same women my age.
So, although I knew I needed to start moisturizing so keep my skin healthy and youthful, I had a hard time adding that to my routine...when anything I tried felt ucky on my face and I didn't think I really needed it yet. However, now that I am closer to 40 than 30...I thought I should try to find something. This product was recommended, and I've used it every day since I bought it. I will definitely use it all up, and buy it again.

on 1/19/2013 5:17:00 AM

I wish this moisturizer hadn't broken me out because I loved what it did for my skin otherwise. It provided the perfect amount of hydration, left my complexion looking dewy and lovely. The non-greasy formula was excellent for my oily/combo skin. At first I was so impressed, I thought it was my HG moisturizer at last.
Then after a few days of use I started getting these really weird, large, under-the-surface-type blemishes that took forever to go away. The only other product that has caused that kind of reaction for me is Clinique's DDML. No problems with Clinique's other moisturizers, I've tried a ton of them. I think the yellow dye Clinique uses in these two products was breaking me out. I could be wrong, but I won't be using either one ever again.

on 1/4/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I continue to come back to this product (I use the lotion with the pump which I find is excellent for making the product last). From time to time I try other moisturisers with fancier gimmicks and marketing ploys, but this 'moisture drink' is the only one I trust, and the only one I feel I get my money's worth with. It is simple and effective and my skin thanks me too. Kind people often tell me I have nice skin. I give Clinique the credit for the occasional compliment that comes my way.