Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 3/21/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was so glad when clinique came out with this gel version. Its so fresh and light hydrating and no strong fragrances, hypoallergenic, doesn't burn my sensitive acne prone dry skin. Not chock full of antioxidants but I have a serum for that purpose. Just an all around great moisture gel to hydrate and replenish your skin. Highly recommended from me.

on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 PM

This gel felt so light , you would not think it can clog pores. To reviewer Teriyaki 25, Rated 1-2 for pore clogging is not really going to clog your pores. But stay away if it is rated 3-5. The clinique moisturizing gel has Laureth-23 rated 3 and Laureth 4 rated 5 . I think these two ingredients are the culprit for your clog pores.

I like this gel, but I don't think I'd buy it again. It softens the skin, but I don't think it's "feeding" my skin. I think it's just a very basic moisturizer for oily skin (which I have), but I think I'm going to stick with my "natural" products like Dr. Hauschka, Rosa Y Frutta, Alba Botanica, and Geremy Rose.

on 10/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product is WAY to expensive for the poor moisturizing job it does. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't even feel this stuff on my skin. It just melts away when you put it on and you aren't even left with moisturized skin. My skin felt tight and dry after putting this on. Maybe I was just too sparing with it b/c I didn't want to waste my money away so quickly by using a lot!

To me, the consistency and feel of this is not much different than Clinique DDML in lotion form. This has a slight scent to it (minty....medicine-like). Apparently, it is for extra-oily skin instead of drier (older) skin. For me, it is just ok, but not fantastic. I prefer just the regular DDML lotion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

on 9/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

Good stuff. Won't grease up your skin at all. Provides a very light hydration, with absolutely no oily feel. It is truly a gel, so if you are looking for more moisture, this is not for you. But if you have oily skin that breaks out that just needs a little bit of moisture to keep the skin from flaking and feeling tight, this is it. Smells divine, even though "fragrance free." And not expensive! Pump is very nice as well.

There is nothing wrong with this moisturizer. It goes on smooth, soaks in quickly and seems very light..perfect for summer. BUT..that's it. At this price, it is absolutely NO better than my huge bottle of CeraVe, in fact, it may be a little less moisturizing. Additionally, the pump is irksome. It takes 2-3 squirts each time I need to get some out to get enough to cover my face. I just don't see why people think this stuff is so great. Maybe because of the price compared to some very pricey alternatives it seems like a great deal but honestly, it is just not that special. I'd rather spend the extra money on some great makeup and use CeraVe which I think works great for daytime summer wear.

on 4/21/2013 12:27:00 PM

I've tried many times to like this product but I just don't. It doesn't glid on at all and it does little of anything. It always comes as a frebie gift with purchase. The lady at the counter told me to use it to enhance other moisturizers I use. Why? My other moisturizers have everything in them already. I wouldn't recommend this product. I throw it away when it comes as a gift.

on 3/9/2013 4:23:00 PM

I am using this in the 3 step skin care line. This moisturizer is ok it is quite light but I have combo skin and am sure that in the summer this will be perfect. It leaves my skin super smooth and my MU looks much better smoother and seems to last longer.
Edit: will be returning this system because it is just not doing enough for my skin I can get the same results from drug store brands.