Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

on 9/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

Good stuff. Won't grease up your skin at all. Provides a very light hydration, with absolutely no oily feel. It is truly a gel, so if you are looking for more moisture, this is not for you. But if you have oily skin that breaks out that just needs a little bit of moisture to keep the skin from flaking and feeling tight, this is it. Smells divine, even though "fragrance free." And not expensive! Pump is very nice as well.

There is nothing wrong with this moisturizer. It goes on smooth, soaks in quickly and seems very light..perfect for summer. BUT..that's it. At this price, it is absolutely NO better than my huge bottle of CeraVe, in fact, it may be a little less moisturizing. Additionally, the pump is irksome. It takes 2-3 squirts each time I need to get some out to get enough to cover my face. I just don't see why people think this stuff is so great. Maybe because of the price compared to some very pricey alternatives it seems like a great deal but honestly, it is just not that special. I'd rather spend the extra money on some great makeup and use CeraVe which I think works great for daytime summer wear.

on 4/21/2013 12:27:00 PM

I've tried many times to like this product but I just don't. It doesn't glid on at all and it does little of anything. It always comes as a frebie gift with purchase. The lady at the counter told me to use it to enhance other moisturizers I use. Why? My other moisturizers have everything in them already. I wouldn't recommend this product. I throw it away when it comes as a gift.

on 3/9/2013 4:23:00 PM

I am using this in the 3 step skin care line. This moisturizer is ok it is quite light but I have combo skin and am sure that in the summer this will be perfect. It leaves my skin super smooth and my MU looks much better smoother and seems to last longer.
Edit: will be returning this system because it is just not doing enough for my skin I can get the same results from drug store brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this feels on my oily sensitive skin.

It wasn't cheap, but is definitely worth it's price.

Very simple, easy to recycle store packaging. Love that it is in a pump - helps me ration it, and I've heard that using moisturisers in jars can lead to acne.

Like anyone, I want to keep my skin healthy and youthful. As I went into my 30s I noticed a couple things:
1) I still had oily skin and it seemed that seemed to get more pimples than other women my age.
2) I didn't seem to have as many wrinkles as those same women my age.
So, although I knew I needed to start moisturizing so keep my skin healthy and youthful, I had a hard time adding that to my routine...when anything I tried felt ucky on my face and I didn't think I really needed it yet. However, now that I am closer to 40 than 30...I thought I should try to find something. This product was recommended, and I've used it every day since I bought it. I will definitely use it all up, and buy it again.

on 1/19/2013 5:17:00 AM

I wish this moisturizer hadn't broken me out because I loved what it did for my skin otherwise. It provided the perfect amount of hydration, left my complexion looking dewy and lovely. The non-greasy formula was excellent for my oily/combo skin. At first I was so impressed, I thought it was my HG moisturizer at last.
Then after a few days of use I started getting these really weird, large, under-the-surface-type blemishes that took forever to go away. The only other product that has caused that kind of reaction for me is Clinique's DDML. No problems with Clinique's other moisturizers, I've tried a ton of them. I think the yellow dye Clinique uses in these two products was breaking me out. I could be wrong, but I won't be using either one ever again.

on 1/4/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I continue to come back to this product (I use the lotion with the pump which I find is excellent for making the product last). From time to time I try other moisturisers with fancier gimmicks and marketing ploys, but this 'moisture drink' is the only one I trust, and the only one I feel I get my money's worth with. It is simple and effective and my skin thanks me too. Kind people often tell me I have nice skin. I give Clinique the credit for the occasional compliment that comes my way.

on 10/19/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know Clinique has developed somewhat of a bad reputation for skin care over the years and this was an impulse purchase( in the travel size) a few weeks back. It has been many years since I used Clinique, but Ive certainly tried a number of brands since (especially having worked in cosmetic dermatology and a cosmetic surgeons office). When I moved to a drier climate a year ago I started noticing that I could not get away without using a moisturizer anymore, mostly due to my RX acne topicals and less humidity. The dilemma I run into has been that as soon as I am able to moisturize the irritated dry skin, the acne comes right back and it turns into a never-ending cycle. Usually, I just choose the dried out flaky skin rather than risking more creams that cause more acne. Well, Im very impressed with this product. I waited a few weeks to review it here, and I can now report I haven't had a clogged pore or a negative result (knock on wood!) I'm pleasantly surprised and returned to the store tonight to buy the larger pump size. This is perfect for those who are older yet acne prone, needing a fairly basic moisturizer that wont cause further problems. Its funny because my husband has even noticed that my skin is more even and les red. I would definitely recommend it. Id like something with age fighting properties, but honestly I know there is only so much skin care can do for that and the more ingredients usually means more potential for problems. Anti-aging skin care can help the appearance of aging, but it is temporary. Nothing short of a surgeons knife or needle can really change things that much. I am happy I tried this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this moisturizing gel. It's definitely for people who have oily skin. My makeup goes on very smooth after applying this gel and my face remains shine-free throughout the day. This is the only moisturizer that has been effective in keeping my face shine-free even when I'm outside in the humid FL sun. It also smoothed away the fine lines under my eyes, and when I wake up in the morning my eyes look so revived and awake. I would definitely recommend this gel moisturizer if you have oily/combo skin. I use this in conjunction with Clinique's 3-step system (liquid facial soap, astringent, moisturizing gel).

Popular Moisturizers