Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 6/20/2011 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

hmm got to change this review!
I have been getting panda eyes every time I used this on a warm day even though I only applied it onto my upper lashes. However, the effect is great on my long but thin lashes ( full, defined, natural- looking) so it's always in my bag- along with lots of tissue and a small mirror, just to make sure that the waiter doesn't serve me bamboo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wear glasses and it is really annoying when your lashes hit the glasses and smudge the lens leaving flakes and smudges.
-This mascara leaves a natural look
-It doesn't clump and provides definition
-I doesn't provide instant length or volume
-can be buildable
-It is waterproof against tears but I wouldn't go swimming with this
-the wand is a good size and easy to use
-doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day
-would re-purchase if on sale or until I find something I like more

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

on 4/8/2011 2:12:00 AM

It clumps my lashes together and are extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. Some of my natural lashes are always lost in the midst of removing the mascara.

However, this product doesn't smudge at all.

on 3/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

There is one friend of mine she has these pair of nice and open lashes that looked so naturally no clumps or anything. One day I asked her if she did wear any mascara, she said YES. I got excited! And went to buy it. Never regret since.

I love natural looking mascaras. This really opens up your eyes! I loveeeeeeee.

This was the FIRST mascara I ever used. I thought it would make my lashes super thick like the name implies. Lush lashes, check. Length, not so much.

on 3/18/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure what to say about this mascara. It's good in many ways but it surely doesn't beat my HG; CG Lash blast volume wp. I like the brush, it's not too big and is simple but it does smudge. The formula is either too dry or the brush gives it too little amount. The product does get better after few days, before that the it barely does anything. The result is very sophisticated and subtle, but I like my lashes to stand out and to that Turbo Boost doesn't do. It's an ok as a replasement and I would buy it again if nothing else was on the menu but it's not special enough for my taste.

This ended up being an okay mascara. I ended up getting rid of it because it just didn't wow me.

on 2/20/2011 4:03:00 AM

This is the mascara I always come back to. For some reason the waterproof one is great and regular one does not compare. This does a great job at adding volume and holding the curl. So far no other mascara has compared. Wish the non waterproof worked as good.