Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

on 12/29/2004 5:00:00 PM

I bought this for a real steal at Shopper's Drugmart for $20 Cdn which included this moisturizer, the eye cream, and foaming cleanser. Normally retails for around $20 I think. Nice tingly feeling, and the menthol is nice and cooling feeling. However, that may irritate more sensitive skins. This cream did make my face feel silky soft, but it was nowhere near hydrating enough for my very dry skin during the winter. I will retry in the summer though, when my skin is more normal. I think the nice cooling feeling would be lovely then. I don't think I would repurchase if full price though. I agree with previous reviewers, there probably isn't enough vitamin C or E to make a difference.

on 7/13/2004 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product! I've used many different products from more expensive brands such as Clinique and Estee Lauder and this moisturizer has been by far the best for my combination skin. It absorbs very well into my skin and does not cause break outs like others I've tried. Marcelle's entire skin line is very good, and though I am not so fond of their makeup line(especially the colours for their blushes) I will continue to by this moisturizer, especially in the winter!

on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 PM

this product is very good. the menthol in the cream takes some geting used to, just make sure it isn't anywhere near your eyes. i find it very soothing to my skin. my sister used this too, after she had an unfortunate run-in with the aveeno products containing salicylic acid- they chewed her face right up. the marcelle cream soothed her skin, and restored it to what it was pre-aveeno. a nice cream for combination skin gals.

on 4/27/2004 5:33:00 PM

This moisturizer contains menthol, which can be extremely irritating. I had to wash it off as soon as I put it on, and immediately returned it. It's definitely not for sensitive skin!

on 4/3/2004 4:09:00 PM

Oooh I love this moisturizer.. my friends call me the product queen b/c I own SO many diff't moisturizers.. now I'm hooked on this one. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out. Since I started using the Hydra C-complexe line.. my skin has cleared up complete and is soft and moisturized! Nice texture of the cream.. I just wish it wasn't in a jar.. I hate jars!

on 2/5/2004 9:54:00 AM

I cannot use a lot of moisturizers with extra ingredients. This one has been re-purchased many times. It does go on sale. The full price at SDM is $16.95.

It is a gel-cream that absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy. Very soothing feeling after cleansing face.

It is perfume free. The amount of C
is probably not enough for any benefit as 1) it is not stable (glass jar) and I doubt that the amount or % is high enough.

Anyhow this is a basic moisturizer that I can use with no blotchiness or breakouts. It asborbs quickly and does not feel heavy. Suitable for normal to oily skins. Probably not enough moisture for drier skins.

List of ingredients:

Aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth 7, cyclomethicone, glycerin,
butyrospermum parkii, shea butter,
biosaccharide gum-1, alcohol denat,
propylene glycol, menthyl lactate,
diazolidinyl urea, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, benzophenone-4, triethanolamine, citric acid, idopropynl butylcarbamate, c1 15985, c1 17200

www.marcelle.com

Fall 2005 I am no longer using this product. Simpflied routine. continued >>

I love this moisturiser.

It sinks in fast and hydrates well for the warmer season. I've used it for a while and i never broke out from it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a light moisturizer that's indeed a gel-cream, and such consistency can be very refreshing on hotter days. It's not rich enough for winter, so folks with seriously dry skin should not even bother with this product. Regarding the claims of Vitamin C & E...I seriously doubt there are enough of those around to make a visible difference. To me this is just a basic light moisturizer my sensitive, acne-prone oily skin really likes. Like all Marcelle products this is perfume-free, which is one of the reasons why I have no negative reaction to this product. The only caveat would be the price; I got mine on sale for around $12 CAD, but still that's a tad expensive for a basic cream.