Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1919 reviews

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

on 3/8/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This fragrance is strong, even as an eau de toilette. The scent is burnt sugar/caramel with a vanilla toffee dry down scent. This is not for everyone. I don't particularly care for it. It is overwhelming and heady. I could see this getting someone nauseous or a headache.

I use this on weekends when I get to the gym. This would definitely mask body odor and sweat. I recommend spraying this the air and walking through. If you spray this on your skin, it will be overkill. But if you like attention and loud scents go full speed ahead.

I had been wanting to try this for ages. I finally bought some last weekend. At first I hated it, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about all these years. On my skin, its VERY licorice-y and very burnt smelling. However, if I spray it in my hair, or on my clothes, it's heavenly. So sweet, so yummy, so warm...that's when I see why everyone loves it. I'd definitely recommend spraying it on your clothes before you decide you hate it. I got the big bottle of it, and I'm pretty certain it'll last me forever because I usually don't wear the same scent repeatedly. I've got bottles of perfume that I bought over 10 years ago and I'm still using them. So, repurchasing really doesn't apply to me. Give it a shot, you never know what you might like.

on 2/20/2016 4:58:00 PM

I just bought this recently, having never bothered to even smell it in the past, but it was on sale for cheap and it seems to be one of the most popular scents of all time so I had to satisfy my curiosity. The reason I never tried it before is because the description "smells like cotton candy with licorice" sounds disgusting to me. In general and especially as a scent to wear on my body. Cotton candy brings to mind cheap tweenage body sprays that make me nauseous. However, I like it. Its a really comforting scent to wear at home, after a bath, makes me keep sniffing my wrists for another hit. People have described it as "burnt sugar" and that is what it smells like to me. Very sweet with an edge. I have never worn this out in public, not sure Ill ever have the balls to do so, and would never wear it to work as I expect its overpowering sweetness would be offensive to some people, and that would be embarrassing-being the girl who grossed people out with her sugary perfume. So I continue to enjoy it at home, the way one would enjoy a nice scented candle. It lasts a really, really long time on me. Its cozy and I find I "miss it" when its gone. Cute

on 2/20/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This oldie but goodie I had to re bring into my perfume collection again.

I've loved this fragrance for many years!!

Cotton candy,licorice,vanilla & musk stand out the most to me in this scent.

This scent takes me back to being a kid at the state fair getting cotton candy (I LOVE IT) and I find this perfume to be wearable year round. After the 1st initial spray its a loud scent but it quickly dries down and IMO is a subtle scent but long wearing.

I can't get enough of this one!!!<3

I did not like this perfume at all. It gave me a headache. I never finished the bottle. It definitely smells like cotton candy and I also smell something else in there that is not pleasant. I know others like it, but I like other fragrances so much better than this one.

I will say this is not my absolute favorite fragrance, but I do love it. It is nice and warm and sweet. It smells of vanilla and brown sugar with a hint of floral notes. I've read it is a favorite among men, and my husband seems to like it as well. I haven't been asked by anyone what I'm wearing yet, I've only had it for a month, but I have worn it almost every day since buying it. The lasting power is also great and you could probably get away with wearing it all work day without putting another spritz on, but it does die down by the end of 8 hours for sure. I would definitely buy this again, and another perfume it reminds me of is fantasy by Britney Spears, which I also love.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

So, remember when you were a little kid and you could never get enough sugar, and candy was the best thing of all time ever? And then remember that time some grown-up--maybe a grandparent or a great-aunt or something--offered you a piece of candy and you got all excited...only then to discover that the "candy" in question was actually a plug of some gross rooty old black licorice? Remember how utterly devastating and upsetting that was?

...Yeah. This has got to be the cruellest bait-and-switch in all perfumery.

When you first take a sniff of it in the bottle or the vial, it presents itself as a sweet little riff on ethyl maltol, the "cotton candy" (or "candyfloss" for you Brits out there) aromachemical. It smells great: like spun sugar and carmelized sugar and various vanillaish things and maybe just a bit of red berry. It's a smell that goes straight to whatever part of the limbic system it is that houses your proverbial inner child, and that seems perfectly designed to get that inner child all excited, like a little kid just entering the fairgrounds. Cotton candy! Cotton candy and CARAMEL! Candycandycandycandycandy!!! Yaaaaaay!

Then you make the mistake of spraying it or dabbing some on, and all of a sudden this enormous black licorice and melted plastic hybrid--this unspeakable BEAST--rears up out of nowhere, roaring and rampaging and trampling you underfoot until you're left rocking back and forth, wailing in horror like Nancy Kerrigan after she took one to the knee. "Why? Why??? WHY???!!??"

Seriously, what did they DO to that poor ethyl maltol to make it smell like that? And what could the poor ethyl maltol possibly have done to deserve such treatment?

On the plus side, at least now I know what that black licorice fragrance I've been smelling everywhere for the past couple of years is. It never even occurred to me that it might be Pink Sugar. I'd been assuming that it was, I dunno, Lolita Lempicka or something -- you know, something that is *known* for its licorice note -- because seriously, who would guess that a fragrance called "Pink Sugar" and marketed with all of that pink fluffy cotton candy imagery would actually turn out to smell like a plug of some thick rooty old black licorice? Not I, that's for sure. Crazy old world, innit?

Crazy old world...and a *very* cruel perfume.

Love the smell of this, and the packaging is cute. I used to wear this when I was in my early 20's and I got so many compliments on it, guys especially would tell me it smelled like candy. I'm too old for it now but it's a cute fragrance for younger women.

I would only not buy it again because I don't wear scents like this anymore.

on 10/2/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

my favorite scent , every time i use this someone always ask what am i am wearing it smells so good.

Popular Fragrances